Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happens if you have over 100% status chance?

cnlu

Question

15 answers to this question

Double status effect?

Nothing extra.  If the weapon only has a single damage type (unlikely if its 100%+ status) then it always procs that one, nothing more.  If more than one damage type it randomly chooses one, weighted strongly for physical then elemental depending on the higher ratio of damage 60% gas versus 40% magnetic for example) choosing only one per shot.

I'll be honest and say I never looked into how it works with shotgun pellets so no clue there, multishot I'm theorizing count as a double status chance(?) depending on shots landed..

In short, there is little to no reason to aim for higher than 100% right now.  Perhaps someday status will be on part with crit and actually do something extra.

If you have a multishot and at least 75% status chance the odds are that you will proc a status with almost every shot you take. It might be something like 1 time out of 10 when ir wouldn't.

As far as I know the status can not go over 100%. But personally I'd say 75-85% is more than enough on single shot weapons like Lex Prime, Vaykor Marelok and bows, and 40-50% on a full-auto weapon like Afuris, Akzani, Akstiletto, Soma, Braton, Burston and the like.

Just now, Xekrin said:

I'll be honest and say I never looked into how it works with shotgun pellets so no clue there

Shotguns are bizarre.

Rule of thumb: if you want a status shotgun, your status chance needs to be 100% before you add Hellchamber in which case every single pellet will inflict a status. Otherwise forget it.

Don't forget, the status chance that shows in arsenal is the chance to apply status effect per 1 unit of ammo. Taking out the multi shot shows the real chance. Even when you equip something like tysis with 2 dual stat mods and multi shot, you are just proccing with each projectile you fire.

34 minutes ago, cnlu said:

Double status effect?

Depends on the weapon, you should investigate how status and multishot work.

If it's a shotgun, the status chance is all pellets together. If it says 90% status and it fires 10 pellets per shot, that means each pellet has 9% status chance to inflict. So if you theoretically could manage 200% status, each pellet would actually have 20% status chance.

Aside from that, if you really have over 100% status chance on a single projectile, for now, nothing else happens, it's wasted.

Edited by Manyc

Nothing special at the moment.

Personally, I think going over 100% should give you a chance to proc multiple different statuses on a single hit, since any weapon reaching over 100% status chance is almost certainly going to have more than one damage type on it.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)SgtFunBun said:

i n f i n i t e   p r o c s

Hide contents

nah it pretty much means you're almost guaranteed to get a status on an enemy

infinite proc. Just like the good old days.

Edited by Wevi

38 minutes ago, RyuGold said:

Could you imagine a "red" corrosive proc that removes all the armor in one proc or a blast that actually cause an explosion :3?

would be pretty nice. people have mentioned alternate visual and mechanical effects for status weapons in threads before; they meant to have it replace our current ones, but adding them to weapons with over 100% Status chance would be pretty good.

as an example, a Radiation weapon with over 100% Status chance would proc radiation, obviously. but if the chance was brought to say, 115%, that would be a 100% chance of typical Radiation Proc, and a 15% chance for a secondary effect, an example could be something like making tumours appear on the enemy from rapid radioactive mutation, and shooting them does extra damage to the enemy. and as you said, secondary effects could also just do what regular damage types like Corrosive do, but to a much greater extent, like instant armour removal, or enhanced explosive effects, etc.