Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

1 minute ago, Metsudo said:

Host bug possibly? in a solo i was still being drained regardless of zenurik.

hm, i tested everything in simulacrum... well the drain was active but so was zenurik so energy went back and forth indefinetly (zenurik won lel).

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

Just now, Aeriax said:

What is the "heatlh" value listed alongside other numbers in Discharge's info block? It's a very large number that scales with power strength but doesn't actually seem to do anything at all.

That confused me to 

So i'm probably the few who is very happy with the reworks?

1. Shock, no problem before, no problem now

2.Extra reload speed is nice, my build made duration irrelevant because i can continuously use it

3.Shield cap is a bit annoying, no problem with riot shield.

4. Very greatly pleased with the new ult (i still like Overload as a name better). It's a mass stun that is very usable on high level, with capacitance it can quickly give you maxed over shield and continuous shield regeneration even if the damage is minimal. My only problem is that not every enemies in range can turn into the tesla coils and which enemies turned seems to be random. Would be nice if the priority is the closest enemies

3 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

hm, i tested everything in simulacrum... well the drain was active but so was zenurik so energy went back and forth indefinetly (zenurik won lel).

maybe you're right then, my zenurik is only lvl2 after all :/

6 minutes ago, Metsudo said:

Picking up the shield should just reduce the shields duration.  Voila, fixed.

Also, recast while holding could refresh the held shields duration.

EDIT to clarify, the shields remaining duration is halved upon pick up, but shield skill can be recast to refresh shield timer (with a -50% duration still in effect). No power drain while holding but still limited to secondary.

Edited by Metsudo

Proposed changes 

Passive : A 10K cap and all attacks consume 10% of stored damage 

Shock : 800 damage to initial target and 400 to chained enemies with more chainlinks and an 8 second stun duration, 100% bonus damage to enemies inflicted with an electric proc

Speed : longer Duration, preferably 30 seconds if that's seen as to much how about 20? Reload buff increased to 25% 

ES : Please bring back the round circular shield? please? I was rocking it with 360 protection, now i'm not. I propose a 40 second base duration and 10 shield cap. No longer duration based when held and forced to secondaries. Balancing will be the energy drain and reduced speed 

Discharge : Please allow casting in air and a 40m radius, a new appearance and ability radius increase to 5 and duration to 15

Edited by Wolfnrun

1 minute ago, madhatter10 said:

Regarding the passive:

Is it intended that the counter resets when I fire a gun, since the description states, that it only affects volts damaging abilities?

It says 'next attack'. It works on abilities, weapons, etc.

4 minutes ago, YagoXiten said:

It says 'next attack'. It works on abilities, weapons, etc.

Ah ok. I was a bit confused because the wiki description says right after that: " Every meter that Volt runs adds +1 to Volt's next damaging ability cast, up to 1000 "

Edited by madhatter10

32 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Volt is amazing now, so much win.

1. Reload speed boost with the Speed ablility.

2. No more FOV increase in Speed.

3. The E Shield +50% damage boost fixed

4. AoE damage no longer passes through the shield.

5. Absolutely immune to damage from the front with the riot shield, while doing some OP criticals with secondaries.

6. Overload massive CC, the damage was nothing even before.

I can this win-win-win-win-win, lol.

EDIT: The shield is wider now, but it feels much wider. No need for more than a few, in any situation.

Then why did I out damage old shield polarity mags on corpus sorties? with overload... Overload had cc and a huge damage radius that's duration would basically last til the enemies were dead. Don't even try to tell me the damage was nothing.

Just now, madhatter10 said:

Ah ok. I was a bit irritated because the wiki description says right after that: " Every meter that Volt runs adds +1 to Volt's next damaging ability cast, up to 1000 "

The patch has not been out long. Do not trust the Wiki yet.

I will be running my own tests in the meantime.

Just now, Satinpuppies said:

Then why did I out damage old shield polarity mags on corpus sorties? with overload... Overload had cc and a huge damage radius that's duration would basically last til the enemies were dead. Don't even try to tell me the damage was nothing.

Because those were some bad Mags, obviously. If you were to compare the two, even if you forget the fact that SP scales indefinitely, SP is instant with no travel time, it can't lose. Any decent build would make short work of Overload.

1- shock is good as it ever was

2- speed doesnt seem affected either, but the FOV is gone which i like

3- shield is great

4- discharge seems useless, yea its good CC and all, but, it does, so f***ing low damage, like WTF? it cant kill some lvl 30 arids, even the hellion won`t die..... I see where it is meant to be used, but buffing the damage a little would be a nice touch, u know, as to kill the trash mobs and the hard ones stay there CC`ed and shock other mobs near them

also it is really annoying that u can`t cast it in air, one melee spank and i`m done, and it takes long enough to cast

in summary, not the worst i`ve seen from DE, but still needs work

8 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Because those were some bad Mags, obviously. If you were to compare the two, even if you forget the fact that SP scales indefinitely, SP is instant with no travel time, it can't lose. Any decent build would make short work of Overload.

Then you're saying the mr20s that I was playing with who also had arcane helmets as well as me were just chalked up to bad. Volt's Unique mechanic definitely had more range than that of the listing due to the arcs.

Nope. You just never played with a good volt.

Another note, volt's ult would remove the shields completely before mag could even get there to cast the ult. Most of the time if mag was keeping up it would be 50/50

Edited by Satinpuppies

1 minute ago, Psychoray said:

Wow, I agree with the overall opinion in this thread: Pretty bad rework.

Something I didn't see yet: The sound effect for Shock has been changed, it sounds much less 'powerful' now.

It only deals 0 damage 2 second stun duration to 5 enemies...Very super powerful 

6 minutes ago, Psychoray said:
2 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

It only deals 0 damage 2 second stun duration to 5 enemies...Very super powerful 

Wow, I agree with the overall opinion in this thread: Pretty bad rework.

Something I didn't see yet: The sound effect for Shock has been changed, it sounds much less 'powerful' now.

Increase the duration, and it's a lot longer. But the aoe is still laughably small. Or are you talking about the first ability?

Edited by Satinpuppies

I have a couple of little complains so far:

-The Riot shield kinda gets in my field of vision. It's a little annoying to see though it

-The reduction in speed is not awful, but it is too much anyways. If i'm not using Rush+ speed above 130% Power Strength, it's too slow to be useful. It's easier to drop a new shield in a new location. Either reduce (or remove) the speed reduction or increment the energy drain or, maybe (and i hope this isn't too much) Give Volt a little extra sprinting speed. That way we won't need tons of Power Strength to build for speed.

-The speed item pickup is not bad. I kinda felt that it will make rushing missions a little more complicated tho. Maybe giving the option to recast it will fix the problem (If volt is behind allies he can cast speed to catch up and recast when necessary)

-Discharge doesn't seem like a bad skill. It deals good damage when his pasive is charged. Still, i feel it needs a new animation to be useful as a crowd control. With maxed duration for Shields and Speed, i don't think i'll be jumping into the mob to cast it. Maybe with Riot Shield to enter, then drop it, then cast other shields and then casting Discharge. But still.... it's too much work just for CC.

Maybe using a cast animation where Volt uses a projectile? a Charged sphere of electricity that casts Discharge where it lands? Something with a cast time similar to Mirage's ult, or maybe a sphere like Nova's antimatter drop

-And now, about the passive: I was thinking that maybe damage is not a very great attribute to boost. Maybe we could boost sprint speed (with Riot shield unchanged) so the more Volt moves, the more he can use the benefit. Not sure how it'll reset tho.... Maybe an increment in casting speed? It may sinergyze with Discharge, even if it remains unchanged.

EDIT: by the way: being unable to cast Discharge in the air was intentional? or just a bug/glitch? it could make the ability a ton more easy to use if you start casting in the air and land when the casting is done.

Well, i think that's all. I always used Volt with emphasis on Speed and Shield so i'm pretty happy with the changes. Never a fan of overload tho. Not sure if I'll use Discharge. Most times when i used it on hard missions, enemies killed me in an instant.

Edited by Arandabido

Feedback on Electric Shield

1) It would be useful for newer players if the bonuses to crit damage were noted in the ability section

2) I suggest a press 3 and hold to automatically equip the riot shield without having to place it down and then pressing x to pick up. This is more of a QoL issue than anything. 

3) The shield doesn't really feel like a riot shield aesthetically, given that it just hangs in the air and rotates to whichever direction you are facing. Functionally its fine though. 

1 hour ago, Satinpuppies said:

I used to be able to take volt into corpus sorties and keep up damage wise with the old mag. Now I can't even clear a room in a t2-t3 tower with his ult ;/

Please tell me i'm not the only one.

DE clearly won't balance any warframe to be press 4 to win anymore, you should get used to it because they will not revert it back and other warframes will receive the same treatment sooner or later.