Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

53 minutes ago, Satinpuppies said:

I used to be able to take volt into corpus sorties and keep up damage wise with the old mag. Now I can't even clear a room in a t2-t3 tower with his ult ;/

Please tell me i'm not the only one.

Volt is amazing now, so much win.

1. Reload speed boost with the Speed ablility.

2. No more FOV increase in Speed.

3. The E Shield +50% damage boost fixed

4. AoE damage no longer passes through the shield.

5. Absolutely immune to damage from the front with the riot shield, while doing some OP criticals with secondaries.

6. Overload massive CC, the damage was nothing even before.

I can this win-win-win-win-win, lol.

EDIT: The shield is wider now, but it feels much wider. No need for more than a few, in any situation.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

WOW  MES  is capped at 4 and makes you

1.slower

2.Forced to secondary's

3. Duration based

4. Drains 5 energy

... just to have a shield move with you...Shield base duration isn't very long...It should be much longer. I am aware that there's such a thing as balance... there also is such a thing as      TO MUCH

Edited by Wolfnrun

9 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Shoulda probably add his ult either needs to cast faster or be able to be cast midair again. needing to be on the ground to cast it jsut makes it horrible

But you need to be, wait for it, GROUNDED

get it, electricity, grounded

Edited by Thural

ok now here is what change ppl get wrong about volt, his ultimate isnt ment to clear rooms and never was. He can now make shock hazards that deal just as much dmg as he ult previously did but now from multiple sources just like before except not from lights and stuff they they riged old maps for. Only thing i kinda feels thats off is the fact that w/o speed he feels kinda slower then before(atleast how it feels for me) and the fact that its now a pick-up that spawns near volt and not near allies kinda blows. Over all really nice rework DE and its good that you ignore salty ppl.

Edit: Also why does discharge have a shorter range then before?

Edited by Kanlor

Just now, morningstar999 said:

whhyyy is speed not just forward roll to get out of it like everything else, making it a drop makes no sense. 

Because that is a basic and essential part of the movement system, not to mention one that is very easy to accidentally perform.

However, repeating myself twice, the opt-out should be instead a promt to press to not make it incovenient in any way, same with Limbo's Banish.

I hate to be THAT guy but i only like 50% of that Rework.

-Shock feels weak now with the same build as used before. The "Sprint-Bonus" damage is nice, but it felt more powerfull before the rework, so another Ability i probably won't use as much anymore.

- Electric Shield is pretty nice. Using Shock on it makes it pretty powerfull, even more powerfull than Shock, which makes me partially sad inside.

- Overload/Discharge...well, my build was mainly focused on this Ability as i used it as AoE Attack in Defense/Excavation Missions, and the Damage was fairly nice. Now the initial Damage is gone and the only damage dealt is by the Tesla Coils which is not half as effective as it was before.

My thoughts on it would be to make Shock and Overload the way they were before but keeping the Tesla Coils together with the pre-rework initial Damage on Overload and bump up the damage on Shock to where it was before, or maybe higher to make Volt more competitive.

5 minutes ago, Aquasurge said:

speed doesn't have a recast delay now

I noticed that, but you have to time it PERFECTLY to not have the delay in recast. If you have to watch the power timer constantly in order to not have a lag in combat/movement then that is a flaw in the design of the power.

6 minutes ago, Toramaru said:

Did they dare to keep the "Potent alternative to gunplay" description?!

Yes, yes they did. Even though they have said they wanted to get rid of it in the past.

Hey Tenno! 

All related Volt rework threads will be merged here. Please discuss his changes respectfully and be constructive in your feedback after testing him out. 

Volt Changes
•    Speed: Speed most noticeably has had its FOV reduced on cast, which should help with motion sickness complaints. Other players in range now get to 'opt-in' to Volt's Speed buff, by activating a pickup that Volt leaves behind on cast. This activation occurs on contact.
•    Electric Shield: Electric Shield has received a graphic overhaul to improve the look of casting, ambient effects, and its effect on projectiles that pass through. Shield now offers strong synergies if Shock is cast through it – it charges the shield with Electric damage which will hurt enemies that come in contact. As a late-addition driven by player demand, Shield can now be picked up with a context action which limits weapon usage and drains energy.
•    Overload, now called 'Discharge'. Discharge still spreads out from Volt in a wave, and enemies who come into contact are turned into stationary 'Tesla Coils' that arc and zap nearby enemies in range. Damage is dealt to the enemy-turned- Tesla Coil and its targets. Loot crates can also be turned into Coils, but they only have one charge. Casting Shock on Tesla Coil causes an AOE burst.
•    The Capacitance Discharge Augment has been balanced to reflect Discharge’s new changes. The balanced Shield Bonus given is now 1.5/2/2.5/3%.

Just now, Wolfnrun said:

WOW  MES makes you

1.slower

2.Forced to secondary's

3. Duration based

4. Drains 5 energy

... just to have a shield move with you...Shield base duration isn't very long... I am aware that theres  such a thing as balance... theres also such a thing as TO MUCH

and it also drains energy based on movement. wow just wow. since the volt rework didn't address him, i may actually keep my word and start a "stormy" riot for DE to improve volts energy consumption.Riot sheild just drains to much energy to be viable end game.

I like how the shield works with my duration build, but I wish we could drop more than 4. I hope that they add a indicator on the map or something like for the affinity convergence booster so it's easier for teammates who want to buff to find them or for people won't don't to avoid them.

I like the changes to his ultimate since the cc and damage seems pretty nice.

Edited by MegatronG1

Just now, Genitive said:

Ahh, the smell of salt in the evening.

I like the rework. The only thing I don't like is energy drain when you pick up shield. It's unnecessary.

It's linked to the fact that you are absolutely invulnerable through the front, even against bombards. Stuff like crit secondaries will also put insane damage with that now as well, so it needs to have limitations other than the very long duration.

pasting from thread i opened shortly before megathread existed:

what a glorious day! bombards rocket explosive damage doesn't penetrate shield anymore!! y'know what, this in combination with the possibility to easily readjust them via pick up compensates for the new limit of 4 i was originally "afraid" of...

still i want to take the opportunity for a bit of constructive criticism, too:

1. the synergy between shield and shock is not very practical imho, because the charged shield won't proc. so enemies won't be stunned while passing through, only take a little bit of damage. please consider making it possible to stun enemies at least once while passing through and buy you time (maybe for the cost of the charge?), this would boost viability against infested for example.

2. i already mentioned this so please allow me to copy-paste myself:

On 26.5.2016 at 5:46 PM, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

concerning volt rework:

remember hotfix 17.4.2.?

"Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP."

alternative to gunplay or not: you said you'd reintroduce range interactions asap. half a year ago. so what's become of that?

an official statement if there's still something planned in this regard would be highly appreciated... i was really lookin forward to this :*I ...

edit: more positive feedback: shield looks much cooler and is more clear to look / aim through, thank you! :)

edit²: discharge not usable in air... well... why? :3

edit³: just discovered the energy drain while carrying shields around does not bypass zenuriks regen, so you can run around forever with it when zenuriks activated,

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

13 minutes ago, Aquasurge said:

and it also drains energy based on movement. wow just wow. since the volt rework didn't address him, i may actually keep my word and start a "stormy" riot for DE to improve volts energy consumption.Riot sheild just drains to much energy to be viable end game.

This is insane. Also I'm with you on that! speeds duration is still at 10 seconds which is the equivalent of nothing. You used to be able to place a shield up and a shield down for complete protection, now that the shields perimeter has changed into a rectangle...this can no longer be done. No changes to shock. Let the storm begin!  What I want and Im sure others want is a longer base duration of speed and ES, ES does not provide as much protection as frost's snow globe so I think the cap should be 10 with a 40 second base duration  

Edited by Wolfnrun

RE the shield, can we please have it remember last equipped weapon when we put the shield back down after carrying it, as you are left with the secondary equipped regardless of what weapon you were using when you picked up the shield.

46 minutes ago, Exodess said:

Looking at the changes to Mag and Volt reminds me of how they wrecked my Saryn.

you lost me at wrecked Saryn.

Spoiler

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/355022821964578083/9E791F5F69C07FF99493C350986185D84A18E255/

That was a Sortie Defense against Grineer and the others used Tonkors

Back to topic:

I say, don't sweat it. wait a few days and test different builds.

I enjoyed the initial testing I did, but that was only 1 round on Draco to test the rework.

I will continue testing over the next few days before I form an opinion.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

It's linked to the fact that you are absolutely invulnerable through the front, even against bombards. Stuff like crit secondaries will also put insane damage with that now as well, so it needs to have limitations other than the very long duration.

Yeah, true, but it is still a bit of a bother. You also can't use primaries and run more slowly. 

I'm not a fan of drains in general. Maybe it would be better if picking up the shield cost some energy, instead of constant drain.

6 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

edit³: just discovered the energy drain while carrying shields around does not bypass zenuriks regen, so you can run around forever with it when zenuriks activated,

Host bug possibly? in a solo i was still being drained regardless of zenurik.