Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any warframes suggestions? I played trinity a lot.

GandalfBengtssen

Question

So about 2 month ago i started playing warframe and chose volt as my first one. But i changed to trinity a week later and i've been playing her ever since. I liked trinity a lot but now im willing to try out other warframes. Which ones do you guys think is suitable for me? And also I want to get as few new mods as possible for it.(I play EV trin)

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, GandalfBengtssen said:

I like supportish warframes but tank would be nice as well.  and btw volt is in my basement now hehe

In that case, I'd recommend the following Warframes for you to try out:

• Atlas: Tank. Can also help with defense objectives and do some damage.
  • Banshee: Support. Can boost ally damage output as well as provide some crowd control.
  • Chroma: Tank/Support. Can take some serious damage as well as provide some buffs to allies.
  • Ember: Damage/Support. Can boost self and ally fire damage. Can also provide some minor crowd control.
  • Equinox: Support. Can provide heals and buffs. Also capable of crowd control and damage. Requires a bit more management due to two forms.
  • Frost: Tank/Support. Can provide some crowd control by slowing down enemies. Can also perform extremely well in defensive missions as well as do damage.
  • Inaros: Tank. Pretty much designed around self-sufficient tanking. Can also provide crowd control by locking down enemies as well as some minor healing.
  • Ivara: Support/Stealth. Excels at stealth-oriented missions. Also capable of providing crowd control with her selection of arrows as well as some impressive damage.
  • Loki: Support/Stealth. Performs well in stealth missions, but can also help the team with crowd control.
  • Mag: Support/Damage. Capable of providing some crowd control. Can also indirectly boost ally damage output as well as debuff enemy armor/shields.
  • Nekros: Support. Capable of crowd control and loot manipulation.
  • Nova: Damage/Support. Able to slow and debuff enemies as well as indirectly boost ally damage output.
  • Nyx: Support. Pretty much the queen of crowd control, with the intent of turning enemies against one another or redirecting their damage.
  • Oberon: Damage/Support. Jack of all trades. Can provide some crowd control, damage, and healing. Added bonus of being able to dispel enemy status from allies.
  • Rhino: Tank. Can take quite a bit of damage. Can also boost ally damage output and play some crowd control.
  • Saryn: Damage/Support. Capable of halving enemy health and spreading damge over time procs throughout enemy ranks.
  • Valkyr: Tank. Can boost self and ally armor/melee damage, as well as provide minor crowd control. Can also become temporarily invulnerable.
  • Vauban: Support. King of crowd control. Can lock down large portions of the map as well as provide some minor enemy debuffs.

It's a lot, I know, but there are a lot of Support and Tank frames.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)BriTiShBaD4ss said:

good hysteria

Uhm, yeah, about that ...

:P

18 minutes ago, GandalfBengtssen said:

I like supportish warframes but tank would be nice as well.

Why not both? :D

Inaros can tank with the best of 'em and support the Squad with (potentially large) AoE CC and even heals.

Equinox' Night Aspect can slow down / weaken / incapacitate enemies and has an instant AoE (Health & Shields) heal.

Nekros can create further drops for the Squad (including Health Orbs), lower Armor and do some decent tanking with Shield Of Shadows.

Frost is quite tanky, via both stats and protective / enemy debuffing abilities.

Oberon has ~decent survival stats, neat CC + damage combo abilities and (now uniquely) an infinite range heal.

Nyx and Saryn. Both bring some new things to the table and both are very effective in what they can do.

If you just want a warframe that can take all sorts of abuse, you already have that with Trinity, assuming she's built correctly with that goal in mind.

Honorable mention goes to Equinox and Ivara. These are both rather fiddly 'frames to play, but both are very unique in that play and can be rather amusing when you're in the correct mood for micro-management.

I would recommend Frost. He's great at defending with his Snow Globe, and frontal attacks with 2nd and 4th powers. He is easy to acquire, and only needs common mods to start with. A little bit of range and strength, paired with health and armor, and jump in. As you become comfortable with him and want to make him more powerful, you may find the health and/or armor isn't needed. I've always thought of Frost as a fun and balanced frame :)

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Uhm, yeah, about that ...

:P

Why not both? :D

Inaros can tank with the best of 'em and support the Squad with (potentially large) AoE CC and even heals.

Equinox' Night Aspect can slow down / weaken / incapacitate enemies and has an instant AoE (Health & Shields) heal.

Nekros can create further drops for the Squad (including Health Orbs), lower Armor and do some decent tanking with Shield Of Shadows.

Frost is quite tanky, via both stats and protective / enemy debuffing abilities.

Oberon has ~decent survival stats, neat CC + damage combo abilities and (now uniquely) an infinite range heal.

Yeah i aready heard about thw debuff but shea still one of thw best frames and im sure i can keep her hysteria at a very good level 

5 hours ago, The_Mustachio said:

I would recommend Frost. He's great at defending with his Snow Globe, and frontal attacks with 2nd and 4th powers. He is easy to acquire, and only needs common mods to start with. A little bit of range and strength, paired with health and armor, and jump in. As you become comfortable with him and want to make him more powerful, you may find the health and/or armor isn't needed. I've always thought of Frost as a fun and balanced frame :)

Yes I agree, fun and easy to use frame, much like Rhino but in a defensive form instead of offensive. No need for a catalyst, just slap max range mods and some efficiency on it, and you got Captain Icecube. In Defense his powers are straightforward and synergize well with each other, although some awareness and reflexes are still required from the Tenno wielding him.

6 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:
  •  
  • Frost: Tank/Support. Can provide some crowd control by slowing down enemies. Can also perform extremely well in defensive missions as well as do damage.
  •  
  • Ivara: Support/Stealth. Excels at stealth-oriented missions. Also capable of providing crowd control with her selection of arrows as well as some impressive damage.
  •  
  • Vauban: Support. King of crowd control. Can lock down large portions of the map as well as provide some minor enemy debuffs.

These are my recommendations.  I'm more an Ivara fan, but I have to give props to Vauban.  In the recent Mobile Defense Sortie, Two Vaubans gave so much crowd control that all the enemies were helpless as I shot them all dead with Artemis Bow.  Frost is good, but his snow globe can really interfere with attacks of allies not just enemies.