The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to hear from Limbo players

(PSN)Kalvash

Since sortie defense has been changed to a target instead of a pod I've been reveling at the opportunity to leverage Limbo.  But I rarely use him outside of that mission type.  Because of that, I welcome any changes to his kit.  As it stands, he feels too niche and out of place when compared to the rest of the roster.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Since sortie defense has been changed to a target instead of a pod I've been reveling at the opportunity to leverage Limbo.  But I rarely use him outside of that mission type.  Because of that, I welcome any changes to his kit.  As it stands, he feels too niche and out of place when compared to the rest of the roster.

He's exceptional at Spy, very good at Rescue and Defence (both flavours), good at Excavations, and decent at basically everything else.

He's good once you make the effort to learn him. Less niche, more... learning curve honestly.

And Rift Surge lets him put out some silly damage numbers.

And when the attitude of the Devs are what they are regarding Limbo, I'd rather he stay... viewed as subpar, but decent and in need of a slight tweak and harder to learn, than actually be subpar.

The 2 ways I use Limbo (other than blatant rift cheesing in spy when I'm forced into spy) are to stay in the rift and pull things in one by one and execute them, or to make a bubble in defense to have my teammates (Or sometimes just the pod) hide in while they ability spam.

The latter being a strategy DE is on a rampage to remove as violently as possible. Which may be why he's in line for a rework.

After seeing what DE did with the Moon Spy missions I'm hoping for large visual changes when inside his power. From the outside it would be the bubble/dome but with new distorted rift plane architecture and when inside a fully redressed rift version of the area you were in. Something like that would be very nice.

7 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

Cataclysm is because the Console is in the rift.

If you Banish a target, it can still use Consoles that are not in the rift.

Meaning, any random drone / grunt can use a console and trigger an alarm from within the rift

Limbo, the master of the rift... cannot.

I mean I dunno if you've seen some of these grunts hack lol, I've seen them do it while blinded, so why not from another dimension? ;P

12 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

Lets not ay...

There's noway to do it without it looking bad, and you can always use the Bowler Hat instead if the Top Hat is too tall.

While I'll admit I like the Bowler Hat, I honestly prefer the Magicians Hat and it's style. You bring up a fair point, regardless, however, is there no way to get a smaller Magicians Hat with a wider brim, but a lower tip as an alternate helm? That'd be a great substitution for me.

After this rework, I feel there is little point in making suggestions at the forums, you'll probably have a better chance of being heard by DE if you annoy them with tweets.

But since this is a players discussion. I'm afraid his rework will take away from him, the main stuff he does well, boosting energy recover, ripping guts off with knockdowns and super buffed finishers, dancing in the face of a bombard for fucks' sake. And after seen Volt's rework rip his shield count off in exchange for gimmicks I have no use for in my own gameplay, I feel like, my Volt is crippled unless I start playing as someone else.

That said, I believe Limbo will lose some of his ethereal walk in the park in exchange for whatever it is that Mr.Nobody suggests over Tweet that's going to be of no use for a few players.

Edited by Duduminador