The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets discuss the nullifiers

GTX49

1 hour ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Unless there bubble is made of void energy nullifiers are lore breaking... If you'd like me to explain I will. 

Seeing as even the Orokin could barely even understand the void, and the Corpus are still behind the Orokin technology wise, it just seems like a case of putting it in for the sake of bandaid without considering lore.

I could possibly accept them blocking normal abilities lore wise, since frames use void energy and convert it into physical/energy powers. However Nullifiers blocking even Focus abilities is hilariously sad, and makes no sense whatsoever. 

5 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

Seeing as even the Orokin could barely even understand the void, and the Corpus are still behind the Orokin technology wise, it just seems like a case of putting it in for the sake of bandaid without considering lore.

I could possibly accept them blocking normal abilities lore wise, since frames use void energy and convert it into physical/energy powers. However Nullifiers blocking even Focus abilities is hilariously sad, and makes no sense whatsoever. 

Not only that if the corpus are able to that means unless it void energy based tech the Sentients would be able to and if the Sentients could stop the one thing that made us win the old war (our void energy abilities) we would of lost the old war.

Nullifiers are a too extreme for a anti-powerspamming measure, but more anoyingly have a lot of inconsistencies.

- Molecular Prime affects their speed when they get caught in the expanding ring. But once you enter their bubble, not only does the currently expanding MP dissapear, it also removes the effect on every enemy, regardless of which cast of MP they were effected by. It makes no sense.

-Frost snow globe thankfully NEVER gets affected nullifiers. No matter if it covers the entire globe with its own bubble, or if the frost steps into the nullifier bubble.

- Embers Fire bladt also gets entirely ignored by nullifiers bubbles i believe, but het accelerant gets the same treatment as MP.

- I'm not to sure of this, but i believe ALL of Limbo's ability's are effected by nullifiers. This is why i don't trust limbo's for long defence runs. One nullifier gets the limbo and your doomed.

- And then there is the "press 4 2 win" or at the least the Nukes. They go all over the place. Mesa's meacemaker completely ignores everything inside nullifier bubbles and even arctic eximus effects. Ash bladestorm can hit arctic eximus, but can't hit nullifiers. Exploding enemies from MP, DO shrink nullifier bubble though. And nullifiers are susceptible to frost slow effects. Nyx's absorb also shrinks nullifier buvbles when in range, but any chaos efdects get removed from enemies who step in the bubble, or if Nyx does.

- And then there is buffs on allies. Most frames who cat the buffs, can't keep them when enetering nullifier bubbles, but allies who are effected can.

In short the nullifier doesn't seem to have any logic behind his bubble. It affects similar abilities in completely different ways, and removes buffs in a illogical fashion. This is a big part of what frustrates me about nullifiers. They make NO sense. If i were the enemy, i would spend every nickle and dime i had on purely these abilities cause it reduces all warframes into bullet-hozing spray-n-prayers with no tactical advantage. The game would end, in any logical sense in that case and thsts why it simply doesn't work with the lore. If any of our enemies had brains, we would be extinct for over a year now.

On 6/8/2016 at 0:11 AM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Not only that if the corpus are able to that means unless it void energy based tech the Sentients would be able to and if the Sentients could stop the one thing that made us win the old war (our void energy abilities) we would of lost the old war.

sentients have no void energy tech. they cannot interact or manipulate the void without suffering for it, and nullifiers clearly use void based tech. perhaps some kind of special antiparticle to whatever void energy is.

Edited by Xen_Ashwood

46 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

sentients have no void energy tech. they cannot interact or manipulate the void without suffering for it, and nullifiers clearly use void based tech. perhaps some kind of special antiparticle to whatever void energy is.

Yes the sentients cannot use void energy tech but the corpus nullifiers might not as well and if so we would've lost the old war so nullifiers break lore in this case,and if the nullifiers do use void energy tech it's ALSO breaks lore because the Orokin couldn't control the Tenno and barely understood the void how come the corpus who were (very unitellegent) compared to the Orokin can even shut down the zaramin children themselves. Nullifiers break lore no matter what.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

On 6/8/2016 at 1:33 AM, undernown said:

This is a big part of what frustrates me about nullifiers. They make NO sense.

^^^

I finally got another one of my friends playing Warframe after the others immediately quit (due to bugs). It's incredibly embarrassing.

Friend: (shocking literally everything in sight with Volt) [insert excited cursing and laughter at stunlocked corpus]
Me: Yeah, I used to use Volt all the time haha
Friend: [in nully bubble] aye, it won't let me use my powers
Me: You can't use them in the bubble
Friend: (double jumps out of bubble) Man I still can't use it....i have enough (energy)
Me: You can't use them on anything inside the bubble either. You have to kill the dude making the bubble with your guns
Friend: (has NO mods and no idea HOW TO mod) .... man it's not doing anything
Me: it's just that one though.....if you shoot the bubble down, then you can kill it with shock
Friend: oh....cool.... (hasn't played a mission since)

THEY SUCK THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME

The nullifiers are fine, and do their job well. They add variety to the enemies and shake up the routine that we always get stuck in when we fight.
If you want to complain, complain about the Eximus Nullifiers. lol They have higher hp, shields, then a frost globe, all wrapped up with a nullifier bubble.
Just find the most convenient way to kill them and stick with it. It's not a big deal,

7 minutes ago, Keyse said:

The nullifiers are fine, and do their job well. They add variety to the enemies and shake up the routine that we always get stuck in when we fight.
If you want to complain, complain about the Eximus Nullifiers. lol They have higher hp, shields, then a frost globe, all wrapped up with a nullifier bubble.
Just find the most convenient way to kill them and stick with it. It's not a big deal,

No they are annoying destroy the lore more than endgame enemies and are poorly designed.

They should stay while the Grineer and Infested obtain similar units. Heck, I'd even say give us some durable generator-esque machines that produce a bigger field. 

Ability spam is still way too good. 

On 6/5/2016 at 5:20 PM, VoidNomade said:

Pretty much.

I don´t even understand that such an enemy/tech still exist in the lore.

Just imagine for a moment Warframe and Lotus getting notes of this technology.

She would release the heaven and the hell, would order ALL Tennos, even side with grineers and all other factions.. TO DESTROY THIS TECHNOLOGY.. *heavy breathing*

Sounds like a great idea for an event that ends with them being gone or at least reworked in some way

Nullifiers serve a purpose that Combas and Scrambuses do not, and that is to shield the Corpus's squishy human units from the Tenno hailstorm of bullets.

The only real problem is Nullifiers are a bit too good at shielding against the really big hailstones.

If nullifiers had a field that cancelled powers, thats one thing. That it allso protects from gunfire and explosives makes me want to throw something fragile at the floor and jump on it repeatedly.

They break up the pace and energy of the fighting too much, especially when sapping ospreys tag along and then scrumbas and bursas join the fun.

If tenno mods were not as powerful the power-nerfing can be lowered.

Remove them.

They are the worst enemy design ever.

Nullifiers are just design to punish those viver/E gate user, they already did their job , and player already got TONS of nerfs.

NO NEED TO  KEEP THEM.
 ̶ ̶̶̶O̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶f̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶u̶l̶l̶i̶f̶i̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶r̶̶̶a̶̶̶s̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶s̶̶̶.̶̶̶

On 6/5/2016 at 8:59 AM, GTX49 said:

Should the nullifiers stay or be removed or moved to a future nightmare raid?

Nullifiers should stay. They're annoying and a bit of a bullS#&$ tactic, but it suits the Corpus style of fighting perfectly and it's an appropriate challenge to the Tenno. It makes sense in the universe, too: the Corpus realized that the Tenno could draw on these strange powers to slay them, and so they engineered a way to protect themselves from these powers, just like how they invented the Bursa. They're just like Energy Leech Eximus and Magnetic procs, and if we get to have cheese tactics it's only reasonable that our enemies get a (much weaker) cheese tactic to counter. From a design angle, Nullifiers are also pretty cool, making a Tenno realize that they don't need much to get the job done. Sure, it makes you do something other than your favorite thing to do, but that's kind of why the Nullifier is there. They present a problem. They are one of the few enemies that aren't easily dealt with by firing just anything in their general direction. Find a way around that problem.

They're pretty easy to defeat: just slide in with a rapid-fire secondary or a melee attack. It takes some work to wear down the bubble from the outside, but the enemy itself goes down in a hit or two, leaving the rest of its posse vulnerable. Either suit up and get in there yourself, use lots of ammo on wearing down the bubble from the outside or designate a squad member to pop nullifiers so everyone can go on unbothered (I will volunteer for this role, I actually enjoy tearing apart Corpus strategies). Or just experiment with different weapons and builds until you find a way to get rid of them with ease. There's almost certainly a way. There will always be a cheese tactic available to you.

On 6/5/2016 at 9:14 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

remove their Dispel on currently active buffs to players who move into their bubble.

This I can get behind, however. Or they could simply supress the buff and restore it again once the bubble goes down.

5 hours ago, arch111 said:

They break up the pace and energy of the fighting too much, especially when sapping ospreys tag along and then scrumbas and bursas join the fun.

I think that was their purpose.  To break the flow of combat.  The thing that makes me laugh is that those who use slower tactics don't really have much of a problem with nullifiers.  Well, at least I don't.  

1. Can they be annoying? Depends on the situation.   

2. Do they break lore?  Not really.  It makes perfect sense for the Corpus to use tech to counter Tenno.  The science behind that tech hasn't been fully explained.  

3. Could they be tweaked?  Yes to tweaks and no to removal.  

9 hours ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

Friend: oh....cool.... (hasn't played a mission since)

THEY SUCK THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME

Sounds to me like your friend doesn't like any sort of challenge.  Especially one as easy to get past as Nullifiers.  Or maybe Warframe just isn't the game for him/her.  either is cool and that person's choice/right.  I will admit the story made me smile.  Thanks for sharing it.  :D

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I think that was their purpose.  To break the flow of combat.  The thing that makes me laugh is that those who use slower tactics don't really have much of a problem with nullifiers.  Well, at least I don't.  

2. Do they break lore?  Not really.  It makes perfect sense for the Corpus to use tech to counter Tenno.  The science behind that tech hasn't been fully explained.  

Sounds to me like your friend doesn't like any sort of challenge.  Especially one as easy to get past as Nullifiers.  Or maybe Warframe just isn't the game for him/her.  either is cool and that person's choice/right.  I will admit the story made me smile.  Thanks for sharing it.  :D

Nullifiers aren't challenging...they are boring and annoying. What do they challenge if so?

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

What your saying is that DE hasn't explained it so anything goes.......They break lore, this has been discussed. 

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Nullifiers should stay. They're annoying and a bit of a bullS#&$ tactic, but it suits the Corpus style of fighting perfectly and it's an appropriate challenge to the Tenno. It makes sense in the universe, too: the Corpus realized that the Tenno could draw on these strange powers to slay them, and so they engineered a way to protect themselves from these powers, just like how they invented the Bursa. They're just like Energy Leech Eximus and Magnetic procs, and if we get to have cheese tactics it's only reasonable that our enemies get a (much weaker) cheese tactic to counter. From a design angle, Nullifiers are also pretty cool, making a Tenno realize that they don't need much to get the job done. Sure, it makes you do something other than your favorite thing to do, but that's kind of why the Nullifier is there. They present a problem. They are one of the few enemies that aren't easily dealt with by firing just anything in their general direction. Find a way around that problem.

They're pretty easy to defeat: just slide in with a rapid-fire secondary or a melee attack. It takes some work to wear down the bubble from the outside, but the enemy itself goes down in a hit or two, leaving the rest of its posse vulnerable. Either suit up and get in there yourself, use lots of ammo on wearing down the bubble from the outside or designate a squad member to pop nullifiers so everyone can go on unbothered (I will volunteer for this role, I actually enjoy tearing apart Corpus strategies). Or just experiment with different weapons and builds until you find a way to get rid of them with ease. There's almost certainly a way. There will always be a cheese tactic available to you.

This I can get behind, however. Or they could simply supress the buff and restore it again once the bubble goes down.

They are annoying and lore breaking. They should be changed if not utterly completely redesigned.  Like an enemy that if it shot you a certain amount of times or did a charge attack could make your warframe abilities weaker for a certain amount  of time.

25 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

:facepalm:

How about this little exercise.  Explain in detail how the Nullifier technology works.  What it uses as a power source?  Is the power source itself providing the field naturally or going through some energy conversion?  What is the exact nature of the field created by that tech?  Has any of this information been provided to fully explain the tech behind the Nullifiers?  

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

How about this little exercise.  Explain in detail how the Nullifier technology works.  What it uses as a power source?  Is the power source itself providing the field naturally or going through some energy conversion?  What is the exact nature of the field created by that tech?  Has any of this information been provided to fully explain the tech behind the Nullifiers?  

I can't tell you how this shield works, i'm not a corpus engineer. But i'm fairly certain to know that this shield should be impossible to ignore explosions and bullets and even melee unless you are INSIDE. All along with the insta dispelling of all things by a single touch. A literal nuke could explode and wouldn't scratch anyone inside the nully bubble.

Also, don't confuse nullifiers with challenge. There is no challenge here. RNG is your only challenge.

Edited by IceColdHawk

9 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Also, don't confuse nullifiers with challenge. There is no challenge here. RNG is your only challenge.

My earlier post was directed specifically at VoidNomade's response to my comment about it not breaking lore.  

I never had any problems with nullifiers and don't consider them a challenge.  If someone quits the game because nullifiers, then you get the picture.