Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] [tin foil hat time!] My take on the relationship between Tenno and the Warframes

Lankander

I've thought about this, We know that when the zariman was recovered all of ther crew was gone except the children, who became exposed to the void and gained powers to eventually become Tenno.

There's a theory going around that the adults weren't just lost, they were exposed to the Techocyte and experimented upon to create the Warframes

Recall Executor Ballas: "It's about the rejects we consigned to Lua..they're calling it....transference"

We see in Rhino Prime codex a "Proto-Warframe" wreaking havok in a research facility, only calming down when he reaches a room that contained the Zariman kids, supposedly becoming calm after someone transferred into him. What if there's another reason he calmed down?

In the second dream our warframe goes limp after we step out of the Cryo pod, that made everyone belive that we needed to be connected via transference for the frame to move, at the finale, when Stalker is about to murder us the frame moves on it's own to break War and save us, but why?

Ok here goes my tin foil hat theory:

We don't need to be connected to the warframes for them to move, they're alive, the reason the frame went limp at the Reservoir is because it finally disconnected from the operator after thousands of years, perhaps the shock from being separated caused it to "reboot", hell the operator could barely crawl after being in stasis for that period of time.

What if the relationship between the Tenno and the Warframes is more than symbiotic? if the warframes are truly the Zariman adults then they would share a bond with the operators...

They would be family, the Warframes know who we are, they care about us not only because we're their power source, we were their children, they fight for us and protect us as any parent would.

We've only just awoken so our powers may not be as strong as they were at our prime in the Old war, what if Operators and Warframes lived together? perhaps we at some point we were strong enough to power the warframes without a pod.

It's very sentimentalistic and absurd, but it would be an interesting concept, i'm pretty sure there are plenty of holes in the theory but i would like to hear some opinions

Edited by Lankander

13 minutes ago, Lankander said:

if the warframes are truly the Zariman adults then they would share a bond with the operators...

Where did you get that info from? The Zariman crew was gone, apart from the children.

13 minutes ago, Lankander said:

In the second dream our warframe goes limp after we step out of the Cryo pod, that made everyone belive that we needed to be connected via transference for the frame to move, at the finale, when Stalker is about to murder us the frame moves on it's own to break War and save us, but why?

Because, as the Rhino codex suggests, transference can be remote, even without the somatic link. 

Then every time we order a new frame in the foundry we are building our relatives after templates? Your idea of family is somewhat plausible, but not in everything.

Templates modelled by our orokin masters, to create an illusion of trust. Devious, maquiavelic to a fault.

If the trust is broken beetwen frame and operator, this could become an experiment about how the operator tames the beast. So that one day, orkin masters could have pet Tenno.

Are my conjectures too far-fetched?

Edited by renleech

3 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Where did you get that info from? The Zariman crew was gone, apart from the children.

Because, as the Rhino codex suggests, transference can be remote, even without the somatic link. 

Yes. that's the official lore for now, like i said it's just a theory, we heard Ballas say there were "other rejects" so i think they might be the adults

And yes, transference can we done without a somatic link, but i think that this case wasn't because of transference, instead the frame tore War apart from it's own will, remember transference is the act upon the Operator's mind enters the Warframe's body, but i think we might've had some trouble focusing on that as Stalker chocked us to death

9 minutes ago, renleech said:

Then every time we order a new frame in the foundry we are building our relatives after templates? Your idea of family is somewhat plausible, but not in everything.

Templates modelled by our orokin masters, to create an illusion of trust. Devious, maquiavelic to a fault.

If the trust is broken beetwen frame and operator, this could become an experiment about how the operator tames the beast. So that one day, orkin masters could have pet Tenno.

Are my conjectures too far-fetched?

Actually that's interesting, my theory doesn't include the fact that we can build new frames in the foundry, and if we count the amount of Tennos running around there would have been a sh*tload of people aboard the Zariman, meaning not everyone could be related to everyone.

One thing we can say about the Orokin is that they only cared for themselves, using our bond with our parents to force us into servitude sounds like something they would do

Edited by Lankander

The Lotus says that the surrogates in the Warframe can withstand the void energy, making transference possible. The fact that Warframes get built, also implies that we are making  the surrogate. The independent action, versus the transference connection over distance without the pod is up for debate. It would solve the confusion around  the surrogates being sentient, or not. 

2 minutes ago, Lankander said:

Actually that's interesting, my theory doesn't include the fact that we can build new frames in the foundry, and if we count the amount of Tennos running around there would have been a sh*tload of people aboard the Zariman, meaning not everyone could be related to everyone.

One think we can say about the Orokin is that they only cared for themselves, using our bond with our parents to force us into servitude sounds like something they would do

I wonder if DE wants intends for the millions of tenno (people who play this game) to actually be the lore.  I would say no, as that would mean that the Zariman housed millions of people, as you mentioned above.  I would say that there is a set number of people (tenno/parents/etc) on the Zariman that DE considers to be actual canon.

Keep in mind the story uses the "you are the one true tenno hero" mmo logic. There was only you on the moon. There are other Tenno and operators. But you are special story wise. There can be a lot the lotus is doing for our main character in the background. And a lot of functions around us are purely for game mechanics.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

I wonder if DE wants intends for the millions of tenno (people who play this game) to actually be the lore.  I would say no, as that would mean that the Zariman housed millions of people, as you mentioned above.  I would say that there is a set number of people (tenno/parents/etc) on the Zariman that DE considers to be actual canon.

I think so too, there might have been a couple hundred tenno aboard the ship, and seeing it from a lore perspective there can't be a thousand Tennos having the same experience through the second dream and the other quests.

Guess its the main issue with having a MMO with story

44 minutes ago, Lankander said:

I've thought about this, We know that when the zariman was recovered all of ther crew was gone except the children, who became exposed to the void and gained powers to eventually become Tenno.

There's a theory going around that the adults weren't just lost, they were exposed to the Techocyte and experimented upon to create the Warframes

Oooooooh dude you made my day, why i ve never thought of this before. Love this idea.

Edited by Stonehenge

I agree with the scale of this theory as Firetempest describes it, DE is letting each of us feel like the special one, one of a few hundred kids that became Tenno. (When there are in-fact Millions of us.)

About the Relationship between the Tenno and their Warframes however. I believe that the Warframes are indeed much more than what they seem, and that they are only being held back by their bond with the Tenno.

As we have seen in the end of the Second Dream and from the Acolytes of the Stalker, the Warframes can very much act on their own to a certain degree. While there are a few postulates circulating that the Acolytes are merely Warframes possessed by Rogue Tenno Deserters, I find it more likely that they are severed from their Operator's bonds completely. Which leads me to believe the the Stalker outright destroyed his Operator's (his true) body and became what he is today.

If indeed the Warframes are more than what they are, and are in fact being held back by their bonds with the Operators. What do you think the Warframes would be capable of on their own? They would be mindless, broken things with no more of a primal drive other than to wreak havoc and chaos wherever they could (indicated by Rhino Prime's Codex entry). They found a sort of solace with the Operators (maybe), and the Operators found a canal to channel their energies through.

Without the Operators, the Warframes would rage freely. And without the Warframes, the Operators would most likely perish without a conduit for their energies. So yes, I think it is indeed a "symbiotic" relationship to a point. But more so, I feel as though the Warframes all this time, have been trying to break free from the grasp of their Operators. Seeing their Chassis as nothing more than a cage.

This leads me to my final point on the subject.

There may have been a point in time, where the Tenno could control their Warframes without the need for a Somatic Chamber, or a link through physical contact. They may have been so skilled in their "Prime" that they didn't have a need for such things, and could freely control them whilst controlling themselves normally. If that is the case, is there more the Tenno have to re-learn?

I believe that the Warframes are indeed sentient, and while they try as they might to escape from the clutches of their Operators. They have developed a soft spot for them, and when the Warframe was free from their contact, they acted to save them from the most likely fatal clutches of the Shadow Stalker, when they could've easily not acted at all. How the Warframe knew that breaking the War in half would deter the Shadow Stalker, is something I still don't know how they figured out.

Very cool thoughts, all around. :3
Thanks OP.

One more final thing.
This is what I think of, when I think of the Warframes and Operators.

Z3ZtjWr.png Don't judge the cuteness. o3o

Below is a Bonus Pic: in the spirit of Kavats!  RVru4qk.jpg

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

46 minutes ago, Lankander said:

It's very sentimentalistic and absurd, but it would be an interesting concept, i'm pretty sure there are plenty of holes in the theory but i would like to hear some opinions

Not absurd at all, very interesting. Look what Evangelion did with such ideas.

I like the idea that the adults were kept and purposefully infested to create the first prototype warframes, but.... I don't think Kaleen, whoever she was, would lie to help the people she was accusing of cruelty. She only found children, and my assumption is that she (at the least) oversaw the search of the ship, or searched herself. (at least partially. The ship was likely massive.)

Still, cool idea. 'Twould make for a powerful motive for their eventual betrayal (which I'm sure is actually the Sentient Natah gaining control over them, then sending them to cryosleep for their eventual destruction. Of course, she decided she wanted kids and became our mother Lotus. Freeing us from the admittedly terrible Orokin and saving us from her parental unit's plans.)

12 minutes ago, KaraOgata said:

I like the idea that the adults were kept and purposefully infested to create the first prototype warframes, but.... I don't think Kaleen, whoever she was, would lie to help the people she was accusing of cruelty. She only found children, and my assumption is that she (at the least) oversaw the search of the ship, or searched herself. (at least partially. The ship was likely massive.)

Still, cool idea. 'Twould make for a powerful motive for their eventual betrayal (which I'm sure is actually the Sentient Natah gaining control over them, then sending them to cryosleep for their eventual destruction. Of course, she decided she wanted kids and became our mother Lotus. Freeing us from the admittedly terrible Orokin and saving us from her parental unit's plans.)

Do you believe that the Orokin would've thrown the Tenno away after they won the war, or would've kept them around just in-case they needed them again.

Either way... the Orokin really didn't care about the Tenno children, only Margulis did... and they didn't like that, so they had her killed for what she stood for. She became a martyr for us, and we took revenge for her.

I think it was justified. If it wasn't us, the Grineer would've done the same. The Orokin Empire was founded on the basis of being greater than everything else, who wasn't Orokin. They enslaved the Grineer, and the Tenno alike. But we took it into our own hands to end that tyranny.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

i've always canonised about prime warframe lore. why do prime warframes exist? so i theorised that prime warframes, were the original warframes, from which the normal frames were created. like copies of the original, with less gold. what if the prime warframes were the adults then? so that, the copies of the prime warframes share somewhat of a connection to the parent and by effect the operator shares a connection with the copied warframe.

idk but i like the OP's theory. i may also be confusing myself. i'm not clear on the lore rly.