Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone know how the China Version of Warframe is doing ?

DxAdder

9 minutes ago, JRMC said:

We all know why: Umbra. It's the only reason.

We dont depend on them for the Umbras.

As far as i know, the Chinese version of the game is crap due to censureship. Warframes are more of a Sentai than a bio-mechanical suit controlled by a kid from afar.
I bet even DE is ashamed of what they had to do to get the game running there and since its being done in partnership with PW, you can bet the game is going to be a massive Pay2Win.

19 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

The More money they make the more content we get....

My understanding is that the publisher that runs Warframe China (Changyou) is an entirely separate entity from the Chinese company that owns DE (Leyou).

Leyou profits as long as the global build profits; their financial gain is not dependent on Warframe China.

3 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

Exemples?

As much as I know, it seems Excalibur Umbra, Nikana Prime, and Spira Prime are exclusive to the Originator's pack in China and there no way to obtain them outside of it. That alone is excessive. However, I'll admit my statement is blunt and not backed up in the slightest. Currently, I have no knowledge of whether or not the Nikana/Spira can be acquired without paying, but there doesn't seem to be anything indicating this is the case.

http://activity2.changyou.com/wf/pay/founder.jsp

Edited by LazerSkink

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

As much as I know, it seems Excalibur Umbra, Nikana Prime, and Spira Prime are exclusive to the Originator's pack in China and there no way to obtain them outside of it. That alone is already iffy. However, I'll admit my statement is blunt and not backed up in the slightest. Currently, I have no knowledge of whether or not the Nikana/Spira can be acquired without paying, but there doesn't seem to be anything indicating this is the case.

pay to win in a pve game? Dont think. Or do you call the Founders pack in this version of Warframe "P2W" too?

6 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

As much as I know, it seems Excalibur Umbra, Nikana Prime, and Spira Prime are exclusive to the Originator's pack in China and there no way to obtain them outside of it. That alone is excessive. However, I'll admit my statement is blunt and not backed up in the slightest. Currently, I have no knowledge of whether or not the Nikana/Spira can be acquired without paying, but there doesn't seem to be anything indicating this is the case.

Well, I mean, we can't obtain Excal Prime, Lato Prime, or Skana Prime, so this is pretty much the same situation, but it's not really pay to win.

Edited by CanNIbAL...15

4 minutes ago, CanNIbAL...15 said:

Well, I mean, we can't obtain Excal Prime, Lato Prime, or Skana Prime, so this is pretty much the same situation, but it's not really pay to win.

Not quiet, Excal Prime is pretty much just a Skin, Umbra has different Stats. Nikana and Spira prime are both very good weapons while Lato and Skana Prime, though they may be the best looking weapons in the Game, are extremly useless (I still would love to have those because of the looks but well sadly i had not enough money back then cause i was a poor student :().

4 minutes ago, Evers said:

Not quiet, Excal Prime is pretty much just a Skin, Umbra has different Stats. Nikana and Spira prime are both very good weapons while Lato and Skana Prime, though they may be the best looking weapons in the Game, are extremly useless (I still would love to have those because of the looks but well sadly i had not enough money back then cause i was a poor student :().

You are right they are pretty good Weapons, but we got other good weapons and some are even better. Thats why it doesnt make you have an easier gameplay than other people.

Its just pay to have. DE would never create something overpowered which would be just obtainable for money. People love this game because you can be good (AND look good) without paying money into Warframe. Or shall i say Fashionframe. Theres a reason why people call it so. I know what im talking about (never paid something for the game) and i know many other players who also like that system. A lot of them invest something because they like how the game evolves. DE would make a big mistake by adding "power creep" just for people who pay. And they know it. Even the Chinese know it xD

Edited by -S-O-Kranker

10 minutes ago, Evers said:

Not quiet, Excal Prime is pretty much just a Skin, Umbra has different Stats. 

It's worth noting that when Excalibur Prime was first released, there was no such thing as Forma. Back then, innate polarities made a huuuuge difference, and - counting his Aura - Excalibur Prime has two more additional polarities over vanilla Excalibur.

He's basically a skin these days, but when he was released, he had a hugely significant gameplay advantage -- much larger than anything Umbra can offer.

3 hours ago, -S-O-Kranker said:

pay to win in a pve game? Dont think. Or do you call the Founders pack in this version of Warframe "P2W" too?

If powerful weapons can only be acquired through purchasing means and no other way, then it's considered pay to win regardless if the game is PvE or not. 

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

If powerful weapons can only be acquired through purchasing means and no other way, then it's considered pay to win regardless if the game is PvE or not. 

U missed my other post: There are more powerful weapons which make those items just an addition to the mastery points. And MR doesnt mean anything anymore. Examples would be: Tonkor, Simulor, Sonicor, Lex Prime, Orthos Prime, Jat Kittag - just to name a few. The list would be longer but i guess you see what im talking about.

1 minute ago, Lokime said:

lol... they call warframes "Heros" omg... http://event.changyou.com/wf/201504/heros/

Warframes are nothing else than Warriors with hero-like powers. Who cares how they call the characters? DE could also name the game as "Superheros Universe", it doesnt change anything about the game^^

Edited by -S-O-Kranker

U missed my other post: There are more powerful weapons which make those items just an addition to the mastery points. And MR doesnt mean anything anymore. Examples would be: Tonkor, Simulor, Sonicor, Lex Prime, Orthos Prime, Jat Kittag - just to name a few. The list would be longer but i guess you see what im talking about.

I suppose you're right. My only issue with your reply was the sarcastic nature.

4 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

I suppose you're right. My only issue with your reply was the sarcastic nature.

The question about the Founders pack was a serious question. And i was really hoping you would not try to tell its p2w. My English skills are not the best which could sound sarcastic to others...

The question about the Founders pack was a serious question. And i was really hoping you would not try to tell its p2w. My English skills are not the best which could sound sarcastic to others...

Understood. No, I always considered the Founder Pack pointless in discussion due to the fact the weapons in it are incredibly outshined by others to a far extent, a point you brought up.

Edited by LazerSkink