Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people so rude trading?

xMaix

5 hours ago, DuskLegendary said:

Truth mate, I found trade chat to be the worst part of the entire game that I actively avoid if I can help it. I've been blocked multiple times for simply shooting down offers I didn't like, and I find it both comical and pretty sad that these people have such a lack of courtesy and social skills that they have to resort to that.

If you shut down a offer i'm curious as to why they would block you? Maybe the offer in question was all they had? You said no someone else has what you have and what that person wants and possibly for less. Pick you're battles regarding supply and demand and whats reasonable to the buyer as hes the one paying you and you won't get blocked in trade. I've blocked people and i'm new to the game not to be rude but if i'm going to buy something in trade for a price it better be within reason. I've seen a few offers that instantly get a block no response needed just gtfo i'll find someone else with the same stuff and thats the thing i usually do find someone else with the same offer for less and that's why they got paid and you didn't. You see it all the time in other games its not a new thing man.

out of hundreads of trades, i had very few bad experiences.

Maybe because i always put a price beforehand when i sell/buy something, players agree to it, they can bargain a bit but my trades usually go fast, with a thank/bow at the end. If a trade takes longer than expected it's usually because of fashion frame. 

The moment you chose to sell/buy something without a price, you'll get the "offer?" reply, that's a waste of time for me.

Haggling, i rarely do.  I feel you should either know what you want, or be talking to people to get a good guess on prices.  If you're setting a price, that should be the final price, not trying to place the price 10p above standard and expecting a bunch of haggling.  If you're willing to go lower, do so, otherwise wait for the buyer to come along and buy at that high price.  Not worth the time and trouble to deal with people like that imo.

And no, courtesy doesn't have a lot to do with it.  Try not to keep the other person waiting, please and thank you if you're lucky, and naturally no derogatory/inflammatory remarks is about as high as i'd set your hopes, not your actual expectations.

7 hours ago, xMaix said:

As the title says, i´m trying to sell something in the trade channel and people are so rude, no social skills, no negotiation, even blocking. I've being in warframe since it came out and the community in game is awesome, even in the forums we try to help everyone with problems, but for some reason, people doesn't know how to speak to each other or haggle when it comes to trading.

Usually, the conversation for me is as follow:

Me: WTS xxx

Other (Private): How much?

Me (Private): xxx plat

--------

Now this usually leads to no response at all, blocking me next time i try to talk to them or telling me the item i'm trying to sell is too expensive and then blocking me. Do you people stay with the price someone tells you? No one, and i mean NO ONE try to haggle, maybe exchange prime parts to discount the price or whatever.

Very few people said to me "not interested thanks" or "sorry i dont have that much plat, but thanks". Ok, they dont haggle too but at least they have courtesy and politeness, and that's what a conversation is about.

What do you think? It is only me or is trading a little impersonal these days?

my response is either  Invite me to dojo if I think offer is fair   or Counter if I think its close to a price I will be willing to pay or Nty if you are asking for what I think is way to much.    you might not be asking for too much but for me and how much I am able or willing to pay for the piece is too much.    only time I ignore a trader is when they keep spamming me after I said nty.  I do not get the spamming just because I showed some interest in an item or piece of an item they are selling when I say nty unless you are going to reduce asking price by a good amount I really do not care to hear more.

I agree With OP's sentiments.  And to address the question of "why does trade have to be personal?"...it's really not even about it being personal or becoming "friends to the end" with the other person.  It's about common courtesy.  Unfortunately in our microwave society, common courtesy often gets thrown out the window and people feel they can't be bothered with bartering or even saying "thanks for the group" after a mission run.  It's a real shame really.  Manners seem hard to come by these days.  But apathy runs rampant.

I used to abhore trading in this game, primarily because of the Trade Chat, but I started using the warframe market site and I've started to enjoy trading.

My most recent experience with the Trade Chat has simply reinforced my dislike of it.

"Willing to Purchase; Snipetron Vandal BP."

"offer"

"I've seen it in a range between x and x, so is a median of x acceptable?"

"no. I'll only sell for X and I've seen it go for x to x"

wtf did you not just give me that number to start with?!

What it all comes down to is the fact that most players are pressed for time or, in regards to console gamers, not to be bothered by lengthy conversations involving texts. Mic using traders are rare to come by.

As an X1 Tenno, I try to be talkative regardless. In fact I often toss in a couple extra platinum if a deal to nab something I desire goes pleasantly. I've gotten a lot of good deals from regulars this way which makes dealing far more convenient for everyone involved.

Gods, do I sound like one of those box headed Corpus losers...

Every time i see post like this(and we all know they pop up too frequently) I wonder what a "great offer" op was extending to cause so strong reactions...

Really, trade chat is relatively cold and unwelcoming place, but nothing happens without reason.

Edited by 5HV3N

While reading this thread I was like-

HurrjOo.jpg

Are you new to warframe?  Threads like these were made hrs/days after trading were patched in.  What you are saying is old news tbh.

Edited by AcceI

Probably because people know that if they try to haggle they won't get the item they want. I will gladly trade prime parts for a rare mod, or take plat. The one thing I don't like is when people try to lowball you like they seem to do for syndicate mods and weapons. Does no one understand the stuff I had to sacrifice to get that rank to even spend standing on a thing? On top of that, RNG is a @&#(&*@#$#, so if you don't like the fact that I want 20 plat for something like adhesive blast that I literally just got for the first time in like 2 years of playing, well then find it elsewhere

17 hours ago, xMaix said:

As the title says, i´m trying to sell something in the trade channel and people are so rude, no social skills, no negotiation, even blocking....

What do you think? It is only me or is trading a little impersonal these days?

for gosh sakes, it's a chat channel on the internet.  anonymous people tend to be rude on the internet.  I hope this is not news.

I've had generally good experiences with people on trade chat, but I'm very direct and don't take a second's crap from anyone.  I ALWAYS post prices on WTS (WTS XXX 200p).  ALWAYS.  most people just pay the price, some offer a bit less, which i accept.  some offer much less, to which I say 'NTY' and if they backtalk me, I block them. No response.  No hesitation. Then I move on. 

it's a business transaction, not a happy chat.

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

I have actually had some amazing conversations due to trade chat. We end up talking for awhile even if we don't do a trade. 
I have met more people just willing to talk, then then people who lack common courtesy. 

Edited by PoisonHD

from what I've seen its who u run into. you either get some guy who's really cheap and wants to buy something for 5plat and is mad you wont sell the item to him  or u have someone who thinks a worthless item is worth 10000000000000000000000000000k plat.

People don't like to haggle if the price is not in their range.

If you are going to respond with price might as well just put it your listing and avoid useless "how much?" questions. Stop wasting yours and others time.

ex WTS xxx 30p OBO/negotiable

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

7 hours ago, Noamuth said:

I used to abhore trading in this game, primarily because of the Trade Chat, but I started using the warframe market site and I've started to enjoy trading.

My most recent experience with the Trade Chat has simply reinforced my dislike of it.

"Willing to Purchase; Snipetron Vandal BP."

"offer"

"I've seen it in a range between x and x, so is a median of x acceptable?"

"no. I'll only sell for X and I've seen it go for x to x"

Hate these types of guys. Happens too often xD

5 minutes ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

Hate these types of guys. Happens too often xD

I don't mind some haggling, and I understand trying to see how much you can get, but ffs.  >.<*

I'll only use the warframe market site to do trades now.  I find what I want, PM the sellers, make the trade, say thanks and go on my way. 

9 hours ago, Noamuth said:

In case if you happen to be clueless and offer a price way over his demanded price, he can rip you off without you knowing it.

It's a common marketing strategy.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

In case if you happen to be clueless and offer a price way over his demanded price, he can rip you off without you knowing it.

It's a common marketing strategy.

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

I don't mind some haggling, and I understand trying to see how much you can get, but ffs.  >.<*

I'll only use the warframe market site to do trades now.  I find what I want, PM the sellers, make the trade, say thanks and go on my way.