Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime Build Help

-RollerGuy-

Question

So currently I just two forma'ed my Latron Prime.

I'm running Serration, Split Chamber, Shred, Point Strike, Vital Sense

With three slots left, I'm not really sure how to finish this build. Originally I wanted to have three elementals or so, but now with Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds I'm facing a tough decision. Should I just run both Argon and Bladed with one elemental? I considered this, but it's probably not ideal because I would want some corrosive or viral procs.

So would Argon Scope or Bladed Rounds be better for the Latron Prime?

I would be happy to hear any other suggestions too, thanks in advance!

13 answers to this question

I'd suggest Bladed rounds. While Argon scope would increase the crit chance it wouldnt increase the damage output as a whole. Argon scope is more only worth being used on something that would become red crits, ie Soma P.

two Elementals is mandatory. if you don't have two Elementals your Weapon sucks, period.

then choosing either a third Elemental for flexibility, or Argon Scope/Bladed Rounds.
with Argon Scope active, Latron Prime will have a 57.75% Crit Chance. which is higher than without it obviously, but it's up to you how much that really helps.
with Bladed Rounds active, Crits will deal ~16.9533% more Damage per Crit than a third 90% Elemental. (in play most Players will have atleast one Status Elemental, up to you how many and which)

now, it's pretty much up to you as to what of the three primary choices you want. whether another Elemental, or one of these two Mods.
and how many Status Elementals you feel comfortable with, and which ones since you must sacrifice some Damage to swap them in. personally, i'll tend to be more willing to swap one of the Primary Elemental Combo to Status, as the Secondary Element needs every point of Damage it can get to help the Weapons' flexibility.

Anti-Faction Mods (when applicable) are effective as well, and may be considered.

As a direct answer, Bladed Rounds will give you higher DPS.

That's significantly lower cirt rate than Argon Scope though. You will often hit a head and not land a crit at all, meaning both Vital Sense and Bladed Rounds give 0 bonus and you have to shoot the target one more, or several more times. Possibly losing your Bladed Rounds bonus during that time.

Shred + Bladed Rrounds = 24.9k

Argon Scope puts you at 57-58% crit rate so if you roll Split Chamber and fire two bullets you should usually get one crit. Argon Scope also activates when you get the headshot, rather than after a kill. According to the wiki even that first "cold" shot which gets the headshot and starts the buff gets Argon Scope's bonus.

Shred + Argon Scope = 23.5k

TBH If you're head hunting I would commit and drop Shred to get both Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds for the sake of consistency.

Bladed Rounds + Argon Scope = 26.8k

If you're NOT head hunting note that Heavy Caliber is higher than all of those to the body...

Shred + Heavy Caliber = 28.5k

Edited by VKhaun

5 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

not shooting for Weakpoints with a DMR

but why? :D
at that point you're better off using a different Archetype of Weapon that suits the Playstyle of the user better. (not to mention the projectiles that miss)

Just now, taiiat said:

but why? :D
at that point you're better off using a different Archetype of Weapon that suits the Playstyle of the user better. (not to mention the projectiles that miss)

Because it's a .22 Long RIfle DMR made to be legal in California that still somehow manages to have noticeable recoil. -_-

I went for a Status build on my Latron Prime. Sure it can crit and do decent damage but the crit is pretty unreliable so it has the potential to hit like a truck and then hit like a fly... Meaning it's unreliable. However it has a high status chance so building it for Radiation and Viral status works really well, it might not kill everything instantly but against higher level enemies it'll cut their hp in half and have them fighting amongst each other pretty often. I don't own it but from what I've seen the Latron Wraith is the correct Latron for a crit build. 

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

I went for a Status build on my Latron Prime. Sure it can crit and do decent damage but the crit is pretty unreliable so it has the potential to hit like a truck and then hit like a fly... Meaning it's unreliable. However it has a high status chance so building it for Radiation and Viral status works really well, it might not kill everything instantly but against higher level enemies it'll cut their hp in half and have them fighting amongst each other pretty often. I don't own it but from what I've seen the Latron Wraith is the correct Latron for a crit build. 

^This, exactly this^

+1

Alright thanks for all the feedback :)

I've decided to go with Bladed Rounds for under lvl ~50 stuff and Argon for above that.

Then for like above maybe lvl 100 I'll go full elemental/status with no crit mods, although I doubt I'll be doing any of those soon.

Thanks again :P