Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Fury vs Berseker

Chromatrescu

Question

16 answers to this question

Except that fury is viable on any melee weapon, vs Berserker being viable with only high crit chance weapons and when combined with other mods (true steel, bloodrush etc) with the former only needing one slot to be useful. 

Edited by armedpoop

1 minute ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

Berserker stacks up to 75%. Plus, any weapon that can utilize berserker can also become a crit monster.

Primed Fury is really only for weapons with poor critical stats (read: bad weapons), or for when you want to become the fist of the north star.

Clem , Grakata 

[ Primed Fury is good for status melee :) Lacera ] 

Let us not fight, Tenno. Use both!

But in any case, both are perfect. Although primed fury can make up for people running low attack speed/crit chance melee, or non endless-mission based melee using body count-blood rush.

I still use berserker on Lesion so...

1 minute ago, ElGuirrix said:

Let us not fight, Tenno. Use both!

But in any case, both are perfect. Although primed fury can make up for people running low attack speed/crit chance melee, or non endless-mission based melee using body count-blood rush.

I still use berserker on Lesion so...

But we would waste 1slot <- 

Just now, LittleRiot.Teemo said:

But we would waste 1slot <- 

Not necessarily. And depending weapon, more speed does better.

While others might prefer, say, status, and that is good, I have no problem running speed on a IPS weapon.

As an example, I'd use both on Lesion (yeah, I know, 5%, but it still works for me), and only 1 status mod because of the passive 100% toxin dmg. Then put ice, and boom, free passive viral.

That was too specific tho, but say then, Mios. A blood rush/body count build using both speed mods sees, in my eyes, an excellent combination of speed and damage since Mios' base damage is quite high. So, status isn't really mandatory to me.

Berserker is great when fully stacked at +75%, but requires wind-up, gradually fades, and causes the proper timing of combos to vary as it is winding up and/or fading. Also, it's only viable on crit weapons. However, when it stacks high enough to surpass Primed Fury, it does of course offer higher DPS.

Primed Fury increases attack speed by a respectable +55%, is viable on crit and required on status or flat damage, and is always active which means no windup and no alteration to combo timing.

If you have the space after your essentials are slotted in, stick them both on. I'm chuckling in a sinister manner over the potential speed of a crit Tipedo with both of them plus my Valkyr's Warcry.

Why are you hurting yourself? Limiting yourself to one or the other is just hurting yourself honestly. I love to use Fury and Berserker on a lot of crit Melee, obviously I use Fury on everything. Why? Because the faster the melee, the more you can attack something with it, which means you do more damage because it's faster and hits more right? Oh my gawd I must be onto something here.

Er wait, if you're going to question Primed Fury vs Berserker, does that mean you're going to keep using Fury with Berserker after getting Primed Fury?

Edited by AIcatraz

1 hour ago, AIcatraz said:

Why are you hurting yourself? Limiting yourself to one or the other is just hurting yourself honestly. I love to use Fury and Berserker on a lot of crit Melee, obviously I use Fury on everything. Why? Because the faster the melee, the more you can attack something with it, which means you do more damage because it's faster and hits more right? Oh my gawd I must be onto something here.

Er wait, if you're going to question Primed Fury vs Berserker, does that mean you're going to keep using Fury with Berserker after getting Primed Fury?

Jesus , what are you talking about ?

And why are you hurting yourself more by blaming other people , i just want suggestion since i don't want to use 2 mods for speed , i would take life striek to put as an additional mod .

2 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Perfect solution for you, take both. >_<

+130% speed buff... that's something. Oh and + Valk's 50%, 180%.

And volt speed... omg

That some nice killing machine right there :)

But for crit weapon builds , usually there is one slot for the berseker or primed fury , your choices :) Just try to give your idea for the best mod to put in

I've forma'd 14* weapons in preparation for Primed Fury. Many of them have Berserker on as well. No regrets.

Spoiler

Ceramic Dagger
Karyst
Jat Kittag
Nikana Prime
War
Dakra Prime
Dual Kamas Prime
Atterax
Serro
Sheev
Tipedo
Fragor Prime
Redeemer
Sibear

4 hours ago, ElGuirrix said:

Let us not fight, Tenno. Use both

In a world where body count and blood rush exist there is just no place for both. Sadly.

So I'd leave primed fury for daggers and Ash (and maybe for a few good not crit based weapons). Everything else will be fine with berserker.