Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

7 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

The problem is that it happens in 1v1 matches as well. People just fight you instead of grabbing the ball so they will have all the time in the world to get a point.

It's not like the team is tackling in order to protect their team mate with the lunaro or to get it from the opponents, they tackle in order to nullify everyone and have their free way to get a point, even if one of them already have the lunaro. You can see them ignoring everything and only attacking you.

But you can't ignore the possibility of what I mentioned just to prove that your point is right? The thing is no one is walking which means you can dodge and bullet jump and throw the ball, there is no need to stay around unless you plan to play it like soccer defender on a rugby field 

17 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

The main difference between tackling in Lunaro and rugby is that in Lunaro you can "tackle" anyone regardless of whether or not they have the ball, which makes a world of difference. The reason tackling is restricted to the ball carrier in rugby is because the sole purpose of tackling is to prevent players from simply running to each other's goals and scoring free tries. In Lunaro, tackling technically serves a purpose in disrupting a goalkeeping player, but right now it is seriously abused in very inappropriate situations (i.e. going full team deathmatch and focusing on knocking down as many opponents as possible instead of going for the Lunaro), on top of not being particularly fun or useful on its own.

Looks someone just invented non-existent rules because it ain't fun for him( fyi, there is no role fix to a player). You have yet to resolve my situational problem of player without balls make a wall formation around the player with the ball and move around safely in it?there is another problem when you can't tackle your opponent which is trying to tackle the player with the ball since he doesn't have control of the ball.? 

Edited by Nijyumensou

Another report from a player with different from standard keybinds.

It simply doesn't work for me.

The only thing I can safely do is attract Lunaro. Aiming, throwing, melee - all not working properly. I still have no idea how to throw the ball to score the point. I cannot do it even in practice mod. When I tap LMB my frame makes strange moves.

6 minutes ago, Nuctalina said:

Another report from a player with different from standard keybinds.

It simply doesn't work for me.

The only thing I can safely do is attract Lunaro. Aiming, throwing, melee - all not working properly. I still have no idea how to throw the ball to score the point. I cannot do it even in practice mod. When I tap LMB my frame makes strange moves.

if you know you can set all key from number to alphabet then test it out on practice? 

- You need a keeper safe zone. The first player there is the keeper. Right now its just a mush pit where everyone is spamming E (i was thinking about something like the sabotage portal effect)
- Stamina on Melee spam.
- To pass the ball you must be further then 5-7 meter right now we just can't shoot to the goal if there is a teammates close to you.
- Icing give the Lunaro back to the person in the keeper safe zone.
- Allow catch while bullet jumping.
- After a goal the person catching the lunaro first can't leave the zone with the ball and people can't enter the zone with their arcata until the Lunaro has been passed or drop. (I saw many player catching the Lunaro b4 the end of the replay making it nearly unplayable.

2 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

Looks someone just invented non-existent rules because it ain't fun for him. You have yet to resolve my situational problem of player without balls make a wall formation around the player with the ball and move around safely in it?there is another problem when you can't tackle your opponent which is trying to tackle the player with the ball since he doesn't have control of the ball.? 

Have you actually played Lunaro at all? The only situation where this hypothetical wall strategy comes into play is when the attackers without the ball tackle the defenders to the ground, so if anything it highlights the issues with checking right now. I can promise you I'm not making anything up, and if you want to experience spam-checking in Lunaro, you are free to join any match and see for yourself.

As an aside, I strongly doubt such a wall strategy could ever happen with or without checking, since two players cannot a wall make. You might be the one making things up here.

Just now, Nijyumensou said:

if you know you can set all key from number to alphabet then test it out on practice? 

Well I practiced more and I clearly see that for me LMB is Melee. The thing we have in our right hand is a melee weapon, and the game thinks probably that melee is equiped. So I cannot fire Lunaro at all, everytime i press LMB my frame perform a melee attack.

Okay, though i love Lunaro and was playing it for almost the whole day for today.
The players played fair until THIS GUY!!
THIS GUY SMACKED ME CONTINUOUSLY WHILE I WAS GUARDING THE GOAL

4kpTo6W.png

Because of the lack of limitations on Melee strikes, This rich proud founder player thought it would a great idea to pick on the goalie while he was guarding!
SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS!!

DE, please fix this by giving the area around the goal a barrier or force field of protection so enemy players can't enter and abuse the flip out of the goalie by pushing him away from the goal.

Edited by ToaPhantom

5 minutes ago, Nuctalina said:

Well I practiced more and I clearly see that for me LMB is Melee. The thing we have in our right hand is a melee weapon, and the game thinks probably that melee is equiped. So I cannot fire Lunaro at all, everytime i press LMB my frame perform a melee attack.

Oh,you need to keybinds channeling for firing If I am wrong 

7 minutes ago, Charko said:

- After a goal the person catching the lunaro first can't leave the zone with the ball and people can't enter the zone with their arcata until the Lunaro has been passed or drop. (I saw many player catching the Lunaro b4 the end of the replay making it nearly unplayable.

I would like to add to that and offer a suggestion to force the scoring team back to their own zone and render them unable to leave their zone until after the ball has left the other team's zone or been passed.  I've noticed a fair bit of players camping right outside the zone to rush in and grab the ball as it respawn to quickly score again, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Aeromancer
spelling

I've played Warframe for far longer than I'd care to admit.  I love the game and the community.  I've helped new players, taught new players and done my best to provide solid advice and guidance to those within the community.  As an elder player there isn't much in the grand world of Warframe that could as the kids these days say "Rustle my Jimmies,"

So how on earth is it that Lunaro can make me want to grab a basket full of special-needs puppies, hurl that basket into a river, then hurl that river into the sun?!

Okay okay so here me out.  First off I'm not prone to foul language or raising my voice (Caps lock) when I speak to people.  I do my best not to insult and to ridicule and offer my advice with the qualifier of "In my opinion," because in every case it is just that.  My opinion.   I'm not ducking blame, or dodging fault I am in fact salty, and was in fact very salty but it didn't come out in the usual ways.  Honestly my salt eeked out in frustrated hurried typing, while I could try to advise people to pass, and not crowd.  One word here and there.  Apparently this was enough to have me labeled salty (When at the time I wasn't) and at another point some poor special snowflake was triggered (while cussing me out hardcore during his triggered moments) after my statement that "Pass," would be nice.  Again I don't curse, or caps lock. 

Either way my salt aside.  I figured that crafting my own team of players who understood spacial awareness, passing and managing wings, would work.  It happened once and it was glorious.  I passed, they received, they scored, it was a thing of beauty and we won, with a great back and forth!  Unfortunately a new player came in and then whenever I had the ball I found myself turning to see the new player behind me, no line of sight to my former comrade and a rapidly exploding Lunaro in my hands.

Salt levels rising....

This is the first time I felt that I wanted to choke the community.  The few times the PC police have irked me, or the special snowflakes decided to point their delicate gaze upon me to demand their safe space in my hollowed out soul, were just that.  Very Few, Very far between and not even really an issue worthy of my irritation.  HOWEVER a game mode that can work like a super well oiled machine, being kinked up by people willfully deciding to be an hero, seems to be a thorn in my psyche.  I was threatened with being reported.  REPORTED, for triggering the youth whom I asked/demanded/requested/begged to pass.  Ultimately having the team I carefully constructed, who was all under the same idea of passing and cooperating split apart because 'reasons' was the nail in the coffin.  If I could make a team and play with people I knew wanted to play the game to win, I'd have no problem.  I have no problem with new players, bad players, but people who get angry when you ask them to pass?  People who threaten you, curse you out for suggesting what the tutorial proposes?  I'm getting too old for this.

I'd suggest lowering the 5 second ball hold to 3 seconds.  Maybe 4.  I'd also propose incentivizing passes.  Perhaps increasing the points gained on a score by 1 for every two passes?  Stun lock also seems to be an annoying thing but that's less of an issue I guess.  I heard from a few people that it was unplayable due to being knocked about.  Not sure why I'm being bashed on, when I don't have the lunaro but whatevs.

In summary yes, I was salty.  I apologize.  I don't think I let it come out in my wording but it may have.  I'm going to refrain from Lunaro until you can make a team and keep your team without it being broken up, divided or whatever.  I hope this happens soon as I very much love the mode.  I love it a lot and hope you can earn goodies for it. 

8 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Have you actually played Lunaro at all? The only situation where this hypothetical wall strategy comes into play is when the attackers without the ball tackle the defenders to the ground, so if anything it highlights the issues with checking right now. I can promise you I'm not making anything up, and if you want to experience spam-checking in Lunaro, you are free to join any match and see for yourself.

As an aside, I strongly doubt such a wall strategy could ever happen with or without checking, since two players cannot a wall make. You might be the one making things up here.

Almost every sport rule are just end up with player using it as an exploit. I am talking about situation where tackle is only allowed on the guy with the ball,In a 4v4, 1 ball control,3wall rotation with excellent teamwork to coordinate through mic (for example, an clan party) can perform that with enough practice. Just because you are focus on getting rid of melee spam, doesn't mean you should care less about problem caused by the latter? 

10 hours ago, R34LM said:

That's because we are their beta testers. It saves them for adding hourly wages for people specifically testing the features before launch. The wonders of open beta games; they get beta testers for free (even get revenue out of it).

I'm fully aware of that. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't test anything at all however. Within 30 minutes of its release people were saying they hated it and wouldnt play it again, DE have therefore lost customers if they release more Lunaro exclusive gear.

This of course wouldn't be a problem with less than an hour of testing. 

I'm a huge fan of the game.  I love everything about it except for the players.  I know that sounds harsh but no one cooperates in a cooperative game.  Like soccer, basketball, and other games where team work is necessary, everyone wants to be Kobe.  I had no problem passing to others, but no one paid attention to passes, no one passed.  Without being able to create a team where everyone understands how the game is played, it's unplayable without becoming a chore.  It made me actually angry to have a new player step into my team and then proceed to actually hinder our victory.  I hope from here on out you can create your own team and use some tactics, negotiate etc.  Until then I can't play this mode, it makes me too salty. 

Please incentivize passing.  Increase points gained by 1 for every two passes before scoring.  Provide a momentary buff or something upon receiving the ball so that you can't immediately be checked into oblivion.  Or a huddle/secure button to hunker down.  Movement tutorial would be nice as well.  No idea how some people were speed vaulting across the entire arena.  All of the passing in the world doesn't matter when the other team knows how to do something that gets them to you fster than the ball.

3 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

Almost every sport rule are just end up with player using it as an exploit. I am talking about situation where tackle is only allowed on the guy with the ball,In a 4v4, 1 ball control,3wall rotation with excellent teamwork to coordinate through mic (for example, an clan party) can perform that with enough practice. Just because you are focus on getting rid of melee spam, doesn't mean you should care less about problem caused by the latter? 

Lunaro is currently 3v3, checking is universal, and matchmaking is largely random and silent. Who's making things up again?

It's just impossible (or u have to do some long and boring trick)  to play with ur friends in ur team in lunaro that's boring, we need something to create a party or something like this !

4 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Lunaro is currently 3v3, checking is universal, and matchmaking is largely random and silent. Who's making things up again?

I know it is currently 3v3 but you fail to see that I am talking about possibility? Matchmaking can be random and silent but are you saying it is not possible to gather clan mate or friends to be on the same side? Checking is only real in real human game and games that model after it , clearly this isn't truly modeled after a real human sports? 

20 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm fully aware of that. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't test anything at all however. Within 30 minutes of its release people were saying they hated it and wouldnt play it again, DE have therefore lost customers if they release more Lunaro exclusive gear.

Aww, not much player really liked conclave concept  but did the number drastically dropped because of it?  Nope. 

so I don't see how is your argument about customer leaving valid? 

Aww, not much player really liked conclave concept  but did the number drastically dropped because of it?  Nope. 

so I don't see how is your argument about customer leaving valid? 

Please read the whole post, rather than just the small portion that you seem to have read.

22 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

DE have therefore lost customers if they release more Lunaro exclusive gear.

If a player hates Lunaro because of a bad experience, they aren't going to be paying for Lunaro exclusive content, are they? No. Completely valid argument.

I need 2 things fixed, 1, make players more diffrent in their teams, its almost impossible to know the diffrence from enemy and ally. 2, Fix goal mechanics. Ive had multiple bull**it shots - i had hoverd above the goalpost and had my vortex active, the ball was hurling stright at me and next thing I know, enemy scored a point. Srsly, its impossible to defend with this issue. When a ball is going stright at me I should catch it. Just move to Goalpost zone back a bit. The other part of this problme is lag, but that is either on my side or hosts. As to that, I have no idea how to mitigate that problem.

I know it is currently 3v3 but you fail to see that I am talking about possibility? Matchmaking can be random and silent but are you saying it is not possible to gather clan mate or friends to be on the same side? Checking is only real in real human game and games that model after it , clearly this isn't truly modeled after a real human sports? 

I don't really see why bringing up edge cases in a made-up situation relates in any way to the problems of Lunaro now, and even in the situation you bring up I seriously doubt the possibility of forming this wall you keep bringing up, if only because currently the melee attacks used for checking can pass through multiple players. By that same logic, 11-player, highly coordinated, professional soccer teams would be huddling around whoever's dribbling for an impenetrable turtle maneuver, yet that has never happened.

39 minutes ago, Charko said:

- You need a keeper safe zone. The first player there is the keeper. Right now its just a mush pit where everyone is spamming E (i was thinking about something like the sabotage portal effect)
- Stamina on Melee spam.
- To pass the ball you must be further then 5-7 meter right now we just can't shoot to the goal if there is a teammates close to you.
- Icing give the Lunaro back to the person in the keeper safe zone.
- Allow catch while bullet jumping.

With this much rule, It will only make this mode even less popular. Overall of Warframe content doesn't require brain to play, you can tell by looking at the amount of player attempting raid in comparsion with void run. 

1 hour ago, Ax0r said:

The attack speed needs to be reduced or at least spamming should be penaltized. It can get really annoying when some aggressive players starts non-stop bullying a random person even if he doesn't even have the ball. But in general trying to get the ball often ends up peeople grouping up in the corner and mashing attack on eachother.

Not even then. Stay on one side of the map and the ball in the other and there's this one guy who just keeps spamming melee on you.

15 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

And what of the people who are "Its pvp so I hate it"?

I find that those are the one that just jump into things and keep failing again and again because they have no idea what everything does. There's a Button named "Pratice" right there, I sped 5 minutes tops to understand what I'm supposed to do and had a good time.

The REAL problem are the people who just spam melee for the sake of it: I just got out of a match that had a player following me around and wanting to knock me down (Must be because I made 3 Goals in less than 2 minutes), that was ruining the game for me, I wanted to go for the ball and couldnt.

I dont like Fighting Conclave, the Lag from the P2P is horrible, but I was having fun with Lunaro somehow.

Also: Conclave is not crutial for the PvE part and can be ignored, how in the name of Vay Hek they would lose costumers for a part of the game that does not effect the PVE gameplay? Players would just ignore the Conclave and move on with their gamming lives, because all rewards in PVP are cosmetics or can be aquired in normal game or affect only PVP.