Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

Ninja Edit: Specters update is also coming with some new tech: an all new immersive sound occlusion system, new graphics quality options (like temporal AA) and an experimental 'Tenno crowd-sourced' system for generous Tenno to add dedicated conclave servers to the system.

They are coming, and very soon.

Edited by Neah

13 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

It seems that they bound the ball throw not to left mouse button, not to fire weapon, and not to melee strike. But to melee channel.

If you bound melee channel to anything else but the default left mouse button, then use that key and it will work.

Or rebind the melee channel to LMB again.

Not that it's OK for the developers to do it this way, or to place another inescapable tutorial (you have to abandon Lunaro practice, as there is no escape zone).

Thank you for this explanation.  I couldn't figure it out and just stood there clicking like an idiot until the ball exploded every time in practice.

This info needs to be front and center somewhere.   Unless of course those who rebind keys don't count and deserve to suffer.  :)

Edited by Don_T_Shoot
typo

13 hours ago, (PS4)Whattamattu said:

melee channel is not even in use on any key. i've tried different buttons on my mouse n keyboard for it, but none work for my playstyle.

I was not suggesting a final solution to the problem. Just a way to progress the tutorial a little. I didn't even think of actually playing this Lunaro thing beyond tying it out in practice. I have channeling on toggle and bound to 'c', as early on I kept channeling instead of striking with melee, so I rebound the keys and don't intend to do that again.

It's almost as if the developers are taking their inspiration in Fallout 4 as far as bad key bindings go. ''You wanted to bash someone in the face with your weapon, but held a bash button for a little too long? Have your own grenade in your face! And no, you are not allowed to rebind a throw grenade button to something else. Because we are streamlining the game for your own good.''

And before there was such an extensive list of options with key bindings...

12 minutes ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

Thank you for this explanation.  I couldn't figure it out and just stood there clicking like an idiot until the ball exploded every time in practice.

This info needs to be front and center somewhere.   Unless of course those who rebind keys don't count and deserve to suffer.  :)

You are welcome. And I didn't figure it out myself. A clan-mate helped me out when I got stuck in the Lunaro tutorial, and asked the chat. It would be a nightmare to set the keys to default just to figure it out, and then change it all back one by one...

Can we stop having matches with 3 v 1 or 3 vs 2, this is really annoying. I keep joining matches with scores 0-9 and such for the opposing team because I joined a one-man team against a three-man one.

Lock players when they join so they can stop leaving whenever they loose and make it so you can't start a match with one person on one team and another being full.

UGH.

20 hours ago, Nedow40 said:

After playing for some hours, I already fell that this new exciting mode is going to get cheesed just like the others. Stun Lock, Lunaro Steal from the very start of the game and many other things. So I came here to try give some directions to make this mode less impossible to play without cheesing.
These are some fixes that I think it can help the balance of this new mode:

1) Remove LMB Check. You can only check with the melee button. This will prevent stun lock and the melee stun fest.

2) Melee charge need a cooldown. Nothing like 10 secs, but should be more than 1,5 seconds. This will encourage people to pass the ball.

3) Shooting the ball needs to have a separated command from passing the ball. I suggest that you shoot the ball while pressing the RMB to "charge". Making the LMB a "pass only" button.

4) All players Arcatas don't work UNTIL the other team touch the ball in the "after-goal" state. Example: If Team Moon don't touch the Lunaro, Team Sun can't use they Arcatas.

5) All players can't camp in the enemy goal while in the "after-goal" state. We need skill, not cheese. Example: If Team Moon don't shoot the ball or lose the ball after geting it in the "after-goal" state, Team Sun can't enter its goal by any form.

So, after more time playing, I think a 3 seconds cooldown for the Melee Check Charge would work if the LMB Check could be removed. Just played with this rules with some friends and we got some good balance in the game. pls DE Steve, just test it and see how it is better.

3 hours ago, IEpicWolfI said:

Can we stop having matches with 3 v 1 or 3 vs 2, this is really annoying. I keep joining matches with scores 0-9 and such for the opposing team because I joined a one-man team against a three-man one.

Lock players when they join so they can stop leaving whenever they loose and make it so you can't start a match with one person on one team and another being full.

UGH.

ho ur lucky m8

i got a match starting from 1v2 and ended in 2v4MExssxE.png

"here have a 4v2 outta nowhere even tho we said its 3v3"
-DE-

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity

2 hours ago, bernad2218 said:

ho ur lucky m8

i got a match starting from 1v2 and ended in 2v4MExssxE.png

"here have a 4v2 outta nowhere even tho we said its 3v3"
-DE-

Damn dude, I feel you. I just came back from joining 2-11 game. We managed to finish with 10-12, but still. Annoying af.

Got a couple of things that I feel need to be high priority to change after a few hours of playing straight.

• Honestly am not a fan of passing being bound to the same button as throwing. There should be 2 seperate buttons so I can actualy shoot and not give it to the enemy, who is apparently classified as a valid target for a pass, when I'm trying to move the ball from right infront of our goal to midfield. Map passing to alt-fire, its an easy solution.
  • Like most people are saying, do something about that melee spam. Make it so when the ball gets knocked around by a melee burst it turns unstable after a couple hits and sends out a shockwave that launches everyone backward and goes straight up.
  • Scoring team needs to be reset to their starting positions at middle so loosing team can actualy get the ball out of their field for have a second. I can pretty reliably goal-lock an enemy team from even leaving their field if I feel like it, thats just rediculous.
  • 4v2 bug. That is just rediculous.
  • There NEEDS to be a matchmaking cooldown if you leave a match of your own volition. I say an hour you can't play Lunario if you leave. Make players agree to a 10 minute match of Lunario before they start so they can't be like "Oh I'm not winning, time to leave" and then all of a sudden the 4v2 bug completely ruins the team that the quiter was on.

Also, a few Suggestions for some things that would be nice for some players.

• Team mode. If I want to play with 2 friends, I don't want them to swap sides after every game. Have teams vote if they want to play again against the enemy team or go search for another team. DON'T let soloqueing players be matched up with teamques.
  • Clan Dojo Lunario Arenas. Make it so you have seats of 3 around the arena for teams, and a spot on either side for a leader to select teams to play eachother. Would make Clan Tournaments a possibility, which I think most Clans would definitely want.

As good, as Lunaro is, we need a form of punishment for people who hit someone over and over, so we can't play.
I get 8 goals, we have 10 in total, the other team has 2 points and a Rhino just starts going at me like a psycho with a baseball bat, so I can't even move, even tho I don't have the ball. Anyone else gets that?

Can I just point out that the goal area needs some sort of defense when there are players spamming the attack at you because if you are defending, an enemy player just spam attacks and lets his team mate get a point blank goal. It is the most annoying thing ever, I've had it happen to me too many times to count.  In this picture shows the area: yGyozYA

23 minutes ago, Sonorum said:

As good, as Lunaro is, we need a form of punishment for people who hit someone over and over, so we can't play.
I get 8 goals, we have 10 in total, the other team has 2 points and a Rhino just starts going at me like a psycho with a baseball bat, so I can't even move, even tho I don't have the ball. Anyone else gets that?

Same as me , and it is anoying alot. Also its imposible to have that ball even on a sec. because of that. Even when u start to jump or speed up u still get a hit. 

Lunaro is really fun! but there is a few thing that could be better.

first, the speed. i feel like everything is slow and being faster could add to the action

also, maybe adding a bit more possible move, it actually feel a bit restrictive compared to pve. and creating new move to allow a better vertical gameplay and a more unique feeling, different from PvE.

and finally, what would be the most important, a better matchmaking system. most of the time, a game look like a unilateral massacre with score like 12-0. something that would solve the problem, according to me, would be a multiple game mode. One for competitive, where the team don't change and you can actualy create your team with your friend, and another one for fun. that one would be a bit like TF2, where it's really for fun. The teams would be rebalanced at half-time or even during a period to prevent those 12-0 score and allow new and less skilled player to enjoy lunaro.

and another little one, adding voice chat to the mode, and maybe allow both teams to chat in case of a ''fun'' mode

I like Lunaro alot, beside problems with kicking other tenno when someone lose, we have problem when tenno(" >>he is the HOST<<") lose and he simple leave and u lose all progress and get back to liset and what is more important u lose TIME, time what some of us dont have to much and when we have we dont want to lose on pointless repeat with risk "will that happen againe"??

PLS do something with that :/

xSjpPdS.jpg

Loving the new game mode. Some of the most commonly put forth issues are check spamming, lag/bugs, and low mobility, so I'll offer my opinion on these.

Checking

Firstly, I don't think multiple presses of E should perform a combo(initial dash, and then short range, low mobility punches and kicks). Instead, change it to only be a dash, but with a lot of ending lag(nothing crazy though, probably right around 1 second). This would make it easier to use, and even if people are spamming it, there's a lot of time between checks. It would also force people to aim and use their check more carefully. Another possible nerf to checking could be a range reduction. It feels like it travels a bit too far, but at the same time it's fun to juke with while holding the ball.

Lag/Bugs

The only experiences I really have with lag are when shots on goal would instead be passed to a teammate behind me, a fully charged shot(holding fire button) just throws out a weak lob, and a pass to a teammate with the beacon above their head would just be dropped(like a weak free throw).

Having a separate button for a pass to a teammate and firing would knock out two of those problems. There would be no more accidentally catching one of your teammates' shots, and no more accidentally fumbling the ball when trying to use the pass feature.

If I remember correctly, a tap was supposed to pass the ball to an indicated teammate while a power shot would still be aimed at your cursor, but that doesn't seem to work.

Mobility

Personally, I think it's completely fine. It takes a while to get used to not being able to bullet jump, but passing to teammates was intended to be, and definitely is, a key component of playing this game mode. If anything, I think there should be more walls on the boundaries to jump off of. In a game where mobility is a big feature, having only one wall on each side of the arena feels severely limited. I don't think speed values need to be modified at all.

General

The 6 pillars in the arena have really questionable hit boxes. Instead of making them precise with the metal lining, I think they should instead be solid cylinders. Also the little ridges on the defense zone- the floor should be a flat hit box I think. I know it seems minor, but in a game where it's already pretty chaotic, having unpredictable hit boxes on the pillars doesn't help much.

Great overall game mode. Keep up the good work!

The game mode works pretty good in overall (imo), but stealing from behind and passing is a bit clunky still.

Here's a video clip of what i'm talking about.

Also this amount of stunning shouldn't be a thing, it's horrible.

I feel like this challenge just makes people to be A******s and try to spam stun, maybe change it to a challenge that can improve the players like ¨ Complete 5 +2 point goals -3k standing¨.

AsbTZR6.png

Edited by Annoying_killah
More feedback

Been playing tons of lunaro, first game i actually quit out of today happened, enemy team literally just devoted a person to sitting on me and meleeing the whole time so i couldn't even move, limit the melee staggering to affecting only those with the ball, as it is melee is just about toxic with how bad it can shut down the ability to even play lunaro at all

27 minutes ago, Oblitum said:

Been playing tons of lunaro, first game i actually quit out of today happened, enemy team literally just devoted a person to sitting on me and meleeing the whole time so i couldn't even move, limit the melee staggering to affecting only those with the ball, as it is melee is just about toxic with how bad it can shut down the ability to even play lunaro at all

Currently seems like a lot of players love beating each other more than actually playing (which can be done on normal conclave too, the same one that makes players complain, but nvm), anyways I agree, I've been on plenty of matches where a single player scores and then starts getting stunlocked in order to be kept away from playing. Goalies seem to be the most affected by this "teamplay".

Imo, staggers in lunaro should work similar to conclave, where we get a 4 second stagger immunity after the first one to avoid these annoying stunlocks.

Lunaro challenges don't work at all, second day in a row I've tried to do them and I'm not getting progess on them  at all. heck I didn't get my victory in the 6 victories of the day either. I can understand not getting the 4 goals in one game one today as I only got two or three, but yesterday I got 6 or 7 no credit, and today I got no credit for hitting opponent team members with the lunaro, or yesterday when I got no credit for interceptions. fix this please.

On 6/15/2016 at 9:01 PM, XaelathRavenstorm said:

LMB aka shoot/throw/pass the ball doesn't work, my controls are different but my LMB is still primary fire of course. Other ppl are having the same problem so it might be related to specific controls modifying Lunaro controls unintentionally.

anyone else w/ the same problem?

Same.  I have Primary File & Melee Attack (not Quick Melee) mapped to the same key (Mouse 1/LMB).  Whenever I grab the ball & try to throw it, all I manage to do is the checking action.  No matter what I do, even as far as assigning another key to Primary Fire, I cannot throw the ball.  Therefore, I have yet to play a real match...I've just messed around in the Practice mode.

Suggest that DE allow for Lunaro-specific key mappings.

I know mobility needs to be limited especially because the arena is quite small. However did you consider to link the time until the ball get crazy with the movement speed? This way you could carry the ball over the same distance regardless of the kind of movement type. It would allow you to dodge tackles, increase the vertical gameplay and limit the mobility of the melee tackle while you are the carrier of the ball. 

Also I think a bulletjump into doublejump goal looks kinda cool ^^.

Edited by Arcira

9 hours ago, Nedow40 said:

So, after more time playing, I think a 3 seconds cooldown for the Melee Check Charge would work if the LMB Check could be removed. Just played with this rules with some friends and we got some good balance in the game. pls DE Steve, just test it and see how it is better.

3rd Hotfix. Same errors, same problems. Dear DE. "Competitive" and "spamlock" can't be on the same mode. If you lock another player by spamming the same thing over and over, something is wrong.

1) We don't need another type of way to intercept the ball. We really don't need the roll/dodge to be a checking move. We already have the tackle.

2) The Melee checking is prety good WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE PEOPLE SPAMMING EVERY SECOND. Aswer to the problem: COOLDOWN. Please, just try. Don't even program it. Limit yourself in a private match.

3) Spam still real. Spam in competitive is no good. People don't pass the ball. People don't curve the ball. People don't work as a team. Please test it. Just test and see what happens.

To the one behind the Lunaro updates) I don't really know who is the one behind the minor changes in Lunaro. I know you want to keep the high action of the game and don't want to trade it for some cooldown, but... If Lunaro keep this little things for the sake of action, it will not have many players to use it. Just like the Archwing. I have some years testing some games for small companies in my country and is easy to see something that the players will abuse like there's no tomorrow.

If you don't like the Cooldown (Mr.Steve...) I suggest to put energy and make it use 25 energy per tackle. Place some energy respawns with the same time as normal Conclave and you will see people working as a team just like you wanted in the start of the project.

Edited by Nedow40
typos

I always get put in a match that is already started. This is not the bad thing, the bag thing is that the match its always like 5+ - 0 and the team that i get put on is the losing team and not only that I am the only one in the team. This has happened to me like 10+ times. Always get put in a 1v2 or even 1v3. Out of the approximately 15 matches that I have entered I have been able to play 3 full time 3v3 matches. All the others are already started with the other team having a stupid lead or starting 1v2 or 1v3. It takes like a minute or 2 to some one to connect to your team in those 1v2/1v3 by this time the other team has already 5 goals.