Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'Teer 17/06/2016 and Primed Pressure Point [Megathread]

iwoply

2 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

Megathread made on the Baro 17th - 19th June and Primed Pressure Point.

Edited title and added megathread tag.

Is this really necessary ?

I mean, the original thread was just "look at what baro brought us" and you merged threads that are talking about "how will this mod impact the changes to mandatory mods removal".

The first part is discussion, the second is rather feedback.

(Gotta love DE's "we won't answer to players" way to think.)

6 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

You clearly don't use melee very much. These numbers are extremely misleading and ignore the various multipliers that melee tends to get. I've done 2 hour melee-only T4 survivals, where I was still wrecking level 290+ bombards. Pretty sure the Sancti Tigris would have fallen completely off long before then.

I love people who make assumptions with 0 evidence, you're always wrong. It's pretty damn funny.

I use melee a ton, I just don't go for the Shadow Step/Crit weapon meta. I use the Kronen or the Twin Basolk or whatever else takes my fancy at the time. I play for fun, not for the optimal loadout.

2 things though:

1) Way way outside the realms of balanced content and therefore completely ridiculous trying to use it in a rational argument.

2) Only way to get that far is using certain melee weapons, since these certain melee weapons aren't representative of the entire class it's a moot point.

It feels sloppy implemented and looks like a direct copy and paste of Primed Point Blank. Since they did the reduction of gain per rank before (Primed Pistol Gambit), they could've lowered the cost accordingly as quite a few pointed out already.. The argument you should just max it and forget about it is quite nonsensical since mods should reward players for ranking them up which isn't the case with this one up until R8.

Not even commenting on mandatory mods, all in all it's like a flashy move or something.

By the way, why is Primed Point Blank available again, like two weeks ago? Quite ironic in a way.

Edited by rngd444

As the wiki says, the regular variant of Pressure Point increases by 20% per rank, max of 120% at rank 5. Primed versions of mods are increased by said mods stats. The primed pressure point is only at 165% max at rank 10, when it should be at least 220% as it's supposedly going off of the regular variants stats. But because it's 165% it's going off of the damaged variants stats. 

Does this mean that primed pressure point damaged then? If so, then why not say that rather than saying it's the primed version of the regular variant?

1466183035024.jpg

Edited by Krazymace

4 minutes ago, Krazymace said:

Does this mean that primed pressure point damaged then? If so, then why not say that rather than saying it's the primed version of the regular variant? 

Pretty much.  You got it right on the first try.

2 minutes ago, Wynn said:

Did my post really need to be moved to here, I've been making a list post for everyone since the trader been in.

I guess your post is all the rage so they needed to move it? Idk grasping at straws why this is even a mega thread let alone he move.

Just now, Stouty22 said:

I guess your post is all the rage so they needed to move it? Idk grasping at straws why this is even a mega thread let alone he move.

Just looked been posting the void trader list and video since 2014, won't bust my &#! if it's not allow anymore.

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Then complain about why primed pressure point only gives +45% more damage at max rank.

The standard of primed damage mods giving +165% is well set.  Point Blank, Heavy trauma, Heated Charge and so on.  The mod that is inconsistent is the normal pressure point, which by cost and ranking should top out at +90% (same as point blank).

Be happy that you've enjoyed an extra +30% for all these years and stop complaining that DE has FINALLY started to use some consistency with mods.

1 hour ago, Alma_Elma said:

Except that the scaling isn't consistent.

At rank 5, both Pressure Point mods should be providing the same damage boost

I guess they did the same here as they did with Primed Pistol Gambit that only gives 17% increase per rank instead of 20% like its regular version, to keep it at least a bit in check.

31 minutes ago, Krazymace said:

As the wiki says, the regular variant of Pressure Point increases by 20% per rank, max of 120% at rank 5. Primed versions of mods are increased by said mods stats. The primed pressure point is only at 165% max at rank 10, when it should be at least 220% as it's supposedly going off of the regular variants stats. But because it's 165% it's going off of the damaged variants stats. 

(Image)

Also this image.

1466185324413.png 

If you're planning on using the primed variant as a sub to mod later on, think again.