The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muscular Female Frame Anyone???

Ibro156

1 minute ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

There's a certain aesthetic that Warframe has. We should stay true to that.

Cool. I won't miss Chroma once we've gotten rid of him. Or Inaros. Yeah, both of those weirdly clunky, irregularly patterned 'frames will not be missed at all.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I think we need more Hispanic warframes. China gets a clearly "Chinese" warframe (two actually) why can't my people get a Mexican warframe?

Of your joking then why? But if your being serious it would be cool to see an culture Warframe.

11 minutes ago, siredeath said:

GUYS! What we truly need is a flat chested warframe! #FLATISJUSTICE!

Top of my head right now. I would say Nova

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Right, but in this specific case, he's sort of correct. 

It's really hard to say that the game's depiction of Warframes is so grounded in reality that a large, muscular female 'frame wouldn't make sense, biology just wouldn't allow for it, while having no problem with Nekros, Rhino, Atlas, Saryn, etc.

Valkyr has 600 armour, and her external layer might as well be latex.

Before you roll around with wrong impression, I have nothing against muscular or bit chubby female frame. I just replied to taiiat's ill thought out comment.

I would be against comically fat frame tho. No matter if male or female. That would go from "not paying much attention to realism" to "being deliberately unrealistic".

19 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Basically, that's a definition of realistic which I would like to see. I am really not kidding, do you happen to have that definition of realistic ready to go?

Do I have to? It's close to midnight. Maybe later.

16 minutes ago, siredeath said:

GUYS! What we truly need is a flat chested warframe! #FLATISJUSTICE!

Oh, you dolt, we already have Nezha.

16 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Cool. I won't miss Chroma once we've gotten rid of him. Or Inaros. Yeah, both of those weirdly clunky, irregularly patterned 'frames will not be missed at all.

You must remember these are cheap copies of orokin frames also, chroma is made from the bones of sentients and inaros was destroyed we just rebuilt was was left of him thats why hes broken.

54 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I know, right!

Ok. We had a core concept (muscular, burly, tanky female 'frame), an aesthetic (Maori-inspired, so, broad shoulders, big arms, skirted waist, probably delicate, complicated lines of inlaid patterns on the exterior armour plates), and an idea for an ability (consumption of enemy units to gain temporary buffs based on those units).

What kind of synergy do we want? Role? How should this warframe feel to play, what should be the idea when you charge into a room full of enemies?

As I said, Maori-Shark tank would work. Since It gives you a excuse to eat people and get buffs.

Role wise, I was thinking less support and more. Big Disruption. Not so much a hulk. Like, Example of a Ability would be a land shark like skill. Not a Invis, But a burrow and pop out that knocks a lot of people up. It would be time based maybe, or we can make It mana drain based and have It restore hp over time. 

The passive would be a "Warcry" but only for her. Where If enemies around her have low hp, She attacks and moves faster.

That is If we keep the Moari Shark theme. If not We could go for A Moari easter island Tank thing Who would act more or like a buffer and debuffer.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Warframes obviously don't have a sex on account of them being suits and what not but they are built with a gender in mind. Rhino is a male frame, Valkyr is a female frame. Even though they're both devoid of actually being either sex, I can't properly wank it to Rhino on account of it being "male". You might though. I'm not sure of your personal proclivities...

Maybe you should try harder? It's not DE's problem what you can and can't do either way, that's on you, buddy.

Anyway, DE has been pretty explicit in explaining that yes, the suits do have a sense of gender identity in some way-- it was explained that even Equinox in Day form is 100% considered female. What that means when your Operator identifies as male, I dunno, but one would expect that it's a non-issue.

As for my Maori warrior woman Warframe concept sketch, nah, I wouldn't remove any visual reference to belly fat, that would be ridiculous. As explained earlier, belly fat is 1) normal, b) indicative of the calorie-rich diet needed to maintain strength and c) naturally extruding over a dense, functional core. Also it would look silly. And I'm not giving it an animal theme because Excalibur, Mag, Mesa, Atlas, Nova, Loki, etc etc don't have animal themes so that's not a necessary visual theme.

But a shark Warframe would be freaking amazing. Someone fund it.

re: Mexican/Aztec frame concepts, there are lots of ideas to draw from. Huitzilopochtli comes to mind, for a male frame-- a god of the sun, of war, patron animal of the hummingbird. For female, Huixtocihuatl, Goddess of salt/salt water, of the sea-- a frame that focuses on erosion, or drowning, rain. I dunno, I just do visuals over here.

Anywhoodles, point is, there's lots of room for creativity and going somewhere new with future female Warframes, and it's something I'd definitely like to see in the future!

On 20/06/2016 at 1:28 AM, windywisp said:

Lore before form.  I don't care if DE decides to make a two headed centaur frame as long as it's got an in universe reason to be a two headed centaur.

that would be epic AF

But yeah it has to make sense first...

17 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Cool.

So, in addition to getting rid of Chroma and Inaros, we're gonna get rid of Limbo and Mirage, because seriously, what. Why. What?

Nah. Got to disagree with you. We be doing in what they've been "trying" to say to us in the thread. It's DE work they can do what ever they want. Anyway, I like those frames, even tho there a bit odd in terms of appearance :C

Just now, Ibro156 said:

Nah. Got to disagree with you. We be doing in what they've been "trying" to say to us in the thread. It's DE work they can do what ever they want. Anyway, I like those frames, even tho there a bit odd in terms of appearance :C

That's....kind of my point. 

People said "Nah, we can't have a muscular female 'frame, it wouldn't fit with Warframe's aesthetic." That means Chroma and Inaros have to go.

We also can't have a muscular female 'frame unless it has a fantastically solid in-universe reason and justification for it being that way. That means that Mirage and Limbo have to bite the dust, as their themes are jester and actual frigging stage magician.

I'm pointing out how very dodgy some of these arguments actually are. I don't want Chroma and Inaros, Mirage and Limbo removed from the game....I'm pointing out that under the strictures which people are so very suddenly applying, those 'frames would never have been in the game in the first place.

1 hour ago, shadrad said:

As for my Maori warrior woman Warframe concept sketch, nah, I wouldn't remove any visual reference to belly fat, that would be ridiculous. As explained earlier, belly fat is 1) normal, b) indicative of the calorie-rich diet needed to maintain strength and c) naturally extruding over a dense, functional core. Also it would look silly. And I'm not giving it an animal theme because Excalibur, Mag, Mesa, Atlas, Nova, Loki, etc etc don't have animal themes so that's not a necessary visual theme.

Warframes no need no fat, plus it would render the user unable to do acrobatics correctly, look even rhino has a ballerina waist, the only one that does not is oberon, but he is a goat, so he can jump and parkour better than any other frame.

13 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Snip

Oh, okay. You do make a point then. There are arguments are quite "baseless". I honestly, would switch sides if there got some lore to back them up. I do know the Orokin loved beauty and they seem to believe muscular woman can't attractive. Again, that's quite  Whoch goes against the game's lore.

Edited by Ibro156

1 minute ago, Ibro156 said:

Oh, okay. You do make a point then. There are arguments are quite "baseless". I honestly, would switch sides if there got some lore to back them up. I do know the Orokin loved beauty and they seem to believe muscular woman can't attractive. Again, that's quite subjective 

Pardon the slight off-topic question here, but I'm genuinely curious. Where was it said the Orokin preferred one form of beauty over another, specifically what they do and don't consider attractive? Is that a personal theory or is there an in-game source for it?

Don't let SJWs cloud your judgment, padawan. OP just wanted a bulky female frame and there's nothing quite wrong with their request. Two criteria have to be met

1. Design has to be cool
2. It has to have a purpose beyond just being a bulky female frame

While Warframe's design are amazing, it's often hard for me to tell some warfarmes apart while in a mission. I can distinguish their abilities, but many silhouettes - male and female - are very similar. What Overwatch does, and it is vital in that game as opposed to Warframe, is design every character to be immediately recognizable. I think they went the extra mile and added unique step sounds for every single character. 

I think that Warframe is moving in that direction as well. There can be only so many interesting designs based on relatively realistic bodies. Inaros and Titania both have very atypical looks. Regardless of OP's motivation, I don't think anyone reasonable can mind a bulky female frame as long as it's a cool frame and makes sense. Gina Carano frame
Gina-Carano2.jpg

OP seems to imply that male Warframes have a huge range of body types while females don't, but I don't really think that's accurate. Even with the male Warframes, Rhino is the only one who's really 'bulky' -- and even he probably couldn't compare to Zarya. They mostly range from skinny to athletic, just like the females.

The fact is, Warframe re-uses 90% of its animations across all Warframes, so it really can't afford to introduce any radically different body types. That's the main reason we see pretty much a 10% range of difference between them.

Wow alot of asuming we know the Orokin going around. All we know is that they had a thing for symmetry,  but that's regarding themselves and their architecture. 

In what way are warframes beatiful by orokin standards? I'd say none. They are golems,  tools and weapons.

Warrior Gods, right? They were like super heroes, like magical champions. They look alien, and a bit grotesque. Not made to blend in, not made to be subtle.

Besides, we want to look cool :) And so many people have had issues with Chroma, Atlas, Oberon, Limbo - because they are different.

And that's whats great about Warframe's art direction: weird is the norm more than the exception. 

And that's a good thing.

30 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That's....kind of my point. 

People said "Nah, we can't have a muscular female 'frame, it wouldn't fit with Warframe's aesthetic." That means Chroma and Inaros have to go.

We also can't have a muscular female 'frame unless it has a fantastically solid in-universe reason and justification for it being that way. That means that Mirage and Limbo have to bite the dust, as their themes are jester and actual frigging stage magician.

I'm pointing out how very dodgy some of these arguments actually are. I don't want Chroma and Inaros, Mirage and Limbo removed from the game....I'm pointing out that under the strictures which people are so very suddenly applying, those 'frames would never have been in the game in the first place.

Chroma looks pretty normal to me though, that bulk on him is a pelt and the lore to it is pretty awesome.

2015-03-22_00001.jpg

side note- you have a ton of spacing in your posts. you can hold shift and press enter each time you make a new row to lessen the space.

14 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

OP seems to imply that male Warframes have a huge range of body types while females don't, but I don't really think that's accurate. Even with the male Warframes, Rhino is the only one who's really 'bulky' -- and even he probably couldn't compare to Zarya. They mostly range from skinny to athletic, just like the females.

The fact is, Warframe re-uses 90% of its animations across all Warframes, so it really can't afford to introduce any radically different body types. That's the main reason we see pretty much a 10% range of difference between them.

While absolutely true, nothing would prevent a female frame to use a male model in terms if size.

Sure, there are limits DE have set for themselves and a new bodytype entirely, would mean building a new rig, new animationsets and so on.

But if they made 4 new warframes based on that new rig and setup, it suddenly makes it more worth doing. 

Nothing is impossible, but it demand more from the creators.

19 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Pretty much. I have nothing against variety, but there's a reason why Atlas is as far as the Devs can reasonably go without having to create an entirely new rigging model.

Zephyr and Equinox is sort if the odd pair in this. Zephyr is to me the most androgynous frame we have, even if it leans more to female than male.

Equinox, well that is basically what I mean. They have two models, one female and one male and do a genderswap between them.

Pretty sneaky since DE have been quite firm on genderswaps not happening.

But yeah, those are good examples.

11 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Zephyr and Equinox is sort if the odd pair in this. Zephyr is to me the most androgynous frame we have, even if it leans more to female than male.

Equinox, well that is basically what I mean. They have two models, one female and one male and do a genderswap between them.

Equinox is female in both forms.

12 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Equinox doesn't genderswap though. Both forms are female, the Day form is just less obviously female.