The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muscular Female Frame Anyone???

Ibro156

4 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Equinox doesn't genderswap though. Both forms are female, the Day form is just less obviously female.

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Equinox is female in both forms.

That made me a little sad. I was so sure it was Yin and Yang in the male/female aspect as well as the powers and colors.

A missed opportunity in my mind.

1 hour ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Pardon the slight off-topic question here, but I'm genuinely curious. Where was it said the Orokin preferred one form of beauty over another, specifically what they do and don't consider attractive? Is that a personal theory or is there an in-game source for it?

To be honest, I kinda screwed up on what I said. There isn't any direct quotes stating. The only closes one they is the Corrupted Ancient. Where the one of the twin (his name eludes me right now) talks about how the elegantly the Orokin implemented an augment into their right skull down to right arms. I'll tell you truth, I didn't think when i posted my previous comment on how stupid it sound.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

OP seems to imply that male Warframes have a huge range of body types while females don't, but I don't really think that's accurate. Even with the male Warframes, Rhino is the only one who's really 'bulky' -- and even he probably couldn't compare to Zarya. They mostly range from skinny to athletic, just like the females.

I didn't really mean to give the idea I was comparing a Warframe to Zarya. No I didn't mean that. In fact, I was just explaining on how my though came to be. Nothing more, nothing less.

The fact is, Warframe re-uses 90% of its animations across all Warframes, so it really can't afford to introduce any radically different body types. That's the main reason we see pretty much a 10% range of difference between them.

I totally understand that they can't just go out there way to make another completely odd looking Warframe. It would be massive pain and probably not worth time and effort. But one trick they could use to make female warframe to use similar model without breaking the animation rig. Obviously, it would mean they're would be some clipping issues with weapons attachments, but all warframe necessarily have that. As animation rig don't see the gender of the model but rather how its animated by animators. I absolutely don't think its possible but I have to assume it won't be as tricky as Chroma. Seeing how that technically two modals in one. Which probably massive pain in the &#!.

Zephyr? Day Equinox? Definitely pretty comparable to the male Warframes in terms of size and bulk.

I know about Equinox day form is quite comparable to the males, but I don't think its should be called a "muscular" either. Don't get me wrong, Equinox does look like a guy but he looks more athletic towards Excalibur and Volt's body build. Am just saying there isn't no muscular female. Understand that something is hard to obtain but this isn't people we're talking but rather "fantasy organic warmachine". The only character that's closes to this is properly 

Spoiler

H6LPNpJ.jpg

The only reason I don't consider this as a muscular female as this is a item that can only be obtained by prenimum currency. Which I automatically don't count. I honestly cannot think of any other Warframe has come this close to the Nemesis Skin

Edited by Ibro156

27 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

I know about Equinox day form is quite comparable to the males, but I don't think its should be called a "muscular" either. Don't get me wrong, Equinox does look like a guy but he looks more athletic towards Excalibur and Volt's body build. Am just saying there isn't no muscular female. Understand that something is hard to obtain but this isn't people we're talking but rather "fantasy organic warmachine". The only character that's closes to this is properly 

Reveal hidden contents

H6LPNpJ.jpg

The only reason I don't consider this as a muscular female as this is a item that can only be obtained by proscenium currency. Which I automatically don't count. I honestly cannot think of any other Warframe that can come close to the Nemesis Skin

In that case, there's not really a muscular male either. Rhino's the only one of notable bulk, and he has more of an armoured appearance.

Maybe you could consider Atlas, but I don't really think he's very bulky at all personally. He's just tall.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:32 PM, taiiat said:

many Warframes already are 'muscular' - they just don't fit the stereotype tropes that the people that whine about social justice bullsnot want everything to fit into.
those sorts of people are the biggest hypocrites there are.

there will surely be more Warframes, and they'll look however they look.

I had to quote this.  Because at 11 pages, this topic has gone on much longer than it needed to. 

10 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

In that case, there's not really a muscular male either. Rhino's the only one of notable bulk, and he has more of an armoured appearance.

Maybe you could consider Atlas, but I don't really think he's very bulky at all personally. He's just tall.

I have to disagree. I find Rhino's build to be rather buff. He has strong legs, arms and chest but skinny stomach. Which isn't really shocking. Men who are constantly working tend to have that kinda features, but Rhino's look seems to be a bit more dramatic. But when I bough up the Nemeses Nyx skin, I was just saying to me she looks like the closes female frame to being comparable to Atlas and Rhino. Even, I find that pushing it my opinion, as that something you have to buy with premium currency.

Atlas, i do think he is muscular seeing his arms, legs but not so much about his arms. Which again, that's boxer's how they look. I know muscle doesn't equal power, and I know having a strong fighting stance can make more of a difference then raw power can. Am just saying the only female warframe that's a tank (Val), looks more fragile then Saryn. Even tho she has freaking 600 armour.

I guess this really comes down to the eye of the beholder. Which I mean its kinda subjective. I wouldn't say this thread was a waste of time either. I've seen some interesting well made points and some "outer points" ones as well.

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I had to quote this.  Because at 11 pages, this topic has gone on much longer than it needed to. 

Most of the discussion on this thread was really a debate whether the idea of a "muscular female" could exist in warframe. If you asked me I would its possible. But I do agree with that quote you bough up. DE have full control on how they look. Am not against them.

So, instead of a new frame that look straight out of a roller derby, why not release new armor attachments. I recently took the armor and stance off of my Vauban Prime and realized how much smaller he seemed. So why not add some armor and a more masculine stance to a female frame.

Another idea I got for an Uparmored female frame is a sort of Knight frame, lets call her Joan for now. Instead of just a fem Excal or Rhino, give her a more armored apperance, but still make her look feminine. Maybe give her some Exaltef Sheild/Blade combo.

That way we can have a reasonably sized female warrior frame, and not have her look male. Cause if the only way we know it is female is if we are told, something is off.

Of course there is no problem having a bulky female frame, but have you seen Saryn/Saryn Prime? She's more muscular, taller and more athletic than various male frames. Equip her and then equip limbo, loki, nekros and inaros (these two are next to skeletons, but just check the contrast between them and Saryn). Valkyr is not actually bulky, but she is a valkyrie, a "viking angel", she knows how to fight. Wanna see a similar approach to Valkyr's "tankyness" despite she being skinny? In league of legends Shen is considered one of the best tankers. but he's not so bulky in appearance and he's a ninja, a archetype of character that in most games is "fast and fragile", just see loki/ash (ash is not as fragile as loki, but still is far from being tanky). 

And remembers, sometimes things are just screwed up. See Inaros. A dead skinny mummy that is the more resistant frame in the game (second only to Valkyr in Hysteria, that simply cant be damaged)

New plan, DE make whatever Warframe they want in whatever shape and size while the playerbase stops caring about such insignificant details.

Or we can repeat the same threads that were made for when the Banshee Deluxe skin model was teased. Keep note that DE completely ignored the community on that one.

This is not a Japanese game but considering the ninja theme, it's a common trope in Japanese fantasy that toughest characters are also small-ish and slender.
It would therefore make sense in that context that a character with Valkyr's complexion could be more tanky than Rhino.

Tankiness being directly related to huge muscular body frames is more of a Western popular culture thing, apparenty. Just look at those WWE characters.

On 19.06.2016 at 10:40 PM, Senketsu_ said:

the problem is that zarya has a very unrealistic muscular female body.

Plot twist: it`s a TRAP!!1

Check this out. A good new bodytype,  still. Clearly female.

tzbY6Lc.jpg

Then there is this who uses the theme in the same way Hydroid,  Frost and Oberon do; by gear and clothing. 

VLoJUlA.jpg

Both are active warframe fan-concepts and both prove a point very relevant to this discussion imo.

What do you think?

I just realized I have a bulky female in Warframe. I mean they're a bat-dog, but a bulky female nonetheless.

Oh and about Chroma a few pages back; dragon fans are obstinate as fk. Dragon is not a draco, a draco is not a wyrm, a wyrm is not a chinese dragon, etc.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

I just realized I have a bulky female in Warframe. I mean they're a bat-dog, but a bulky female nonetheless.

Oh and about Chroma a few pages back; dragon fans are obstinate as fk. Dragon is not a draco, a draco is not a wyrm, a wyrm is not a chinese dragon, etc.

Hmmm, Draco is Latin for dragon.

Though correct wyrms are not dragons they are more like 3rd cousins twice removed to them.

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

Check this out. A good new bodytype,  still. Clearly female.

tzbY6Lc.jpg

Then there is this who uses the theme in the same way Hydroid,  Frost and Oberon do; by gear and clothing. 

VLoJUlA.jpg

Both are active warframe fan-concepts and both prove a point very relevant to this discussion imo.

What do you think?

Freaking, I like the first one, love the power glove. Second still looks great tho. Yah, I do agree. My opinion has changed slightly on this topic. I do think it's unrelevant to talk about anymore.

Quick off topic question. Can you send me.your link to your concept art? Like to check it out. Also, what's here theme and kit all about?

This is my thread.

27 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Freaking, I like the first one, love the power glove. Second still looks great tho. Yah, I do agree. My opinion has changed slightly on this topic. I do think it's unrelevant to talk about anymore.

Quick off topic question. Can you send me.your link to your concept art? Like to check it out. Also, what's here theme and kit all about?