The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why shouldn't this game be pay to win ?

Futurehero

1 minute ago, Futurehero said:

So again, there's no real problem here except "BUUUT P2W MAAAAAN...."      

P2W is a problem in competitive games, where getting beaten by someone on the fact that he has a richer wallet than you is a problem. 

This is a co-op game. Some guy with cash only weapon can only help you, that's how the game is designed. 

What's the problem ?

The problem is that this is NOT how the game is designed. This is a pay4convenience game. Plat is really for buying built weapons that can be built from scratch or cosmetics. NOT for overpowered weapons that can only be bought for plat.

31 minutes ago, Futurehero said:

-This would finally put an end to the enemy scaling problem.

Wrong.

31 minutes ago, Futurehero said:

-"Trivializing content" is not a thing . People have been trivializing content for years and it's still  being played just as well.

Very wrong.

6 minutes ago, PoopManZ said:

I dont know its probably disheartening to see a rando squadmate completely trivializing your own setup with his gun just cause he threw down money, much similar to how people hate Bladestorm Ash cause it just sucks the fun out of the mission. It doesnt matter if its a PvE game. Why would we turn Warframe into a mobile game.

Didn't people already do that with the Boltor Prime way back when ?   

Why would it be a problem to make it official ?

You're making a co-op game competitive. DE should probably remove % damage done from end of mission screen...

Edited by Futurehero

25 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

*opens wallet that has a jellybean, a paperclip, a fly and a penny* Uhh.......

You have a penny? Get out of here, you entitled elitist! Some of us WORK for our gear...

10 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

Because then we don't get a good game, we just get a bunch of things to buy

This. Exactly this.

I'm so tired of the "co-op game" argument. Just because it's a co-op doesn't mean it's okay to make the game boring. So whenever they want more money, all they have to do is buff the enemies and sell us a gun to deal with them? No thank you...

Edited by Lord_Azrael
typos ane forr awesame poople

mhm, selling OP weapons that one person can easily rule everything and mates dont even get a kill. You get massiv XP, but where is the fun letting someelse doing everything for you? I hate it when i dont have enemies to kill because there is a spamming ash or banshee stunning the whole map. I play for fun and letting others do your stuff is boring af.

12 minutes ago, Futurehero said:

The only people who against the ridiculous scaling are the veterans with tons of hours.

Now that we have sorties and pretty much everyone can jump into high-level missions, scaling is a problem. On top of that warframe abilities are being toned down, so enemy scaling will have to be redesigned eventually.

2 minutes ago, Futurehero said:

So again, there's no real problem here except "BUUUT P2W MAAAAAN...."      

P2W is a problem in competitive games, where getting beaten by someone on the fact that he has a richer wallet than you is a problem. 

This is a co-op game. Some guy with cash only weapon can only help you, that's how the game is designed. 

What's the problem ?

It makes the game boring. And unfair to many people.

Look at this exapmle:

Wow, a new weapon, but for plat only. Sucks. I can trade for plat, but I don't have the time to farm for prime parts. I don't want to wait a couple of months to get this weapon. I also don't have any money to spend. In general it is a terrible game design, I better find a game when I can get stuff normally, by playing.

See what I did there?

22 minutes ago, Futurehero said:

Honestly, except the knee-jerk reaction that people have to the term "pay to win", is there any argument as to why this couldn't be a thing? It would certainly make DE a lot of money, and players can still technically get this weapon for free through trading. 

The argument is that most of your points are utter garbage. While the warframe community can be at times pretty dense on the importance of balance you just take the cake and for some reason decided to even go beyond.

It is like saying why should anyone bother with properly balancing a singleplayer game - just release cheat codes and be done with it. After all doesn´t matter if the game may be broken without useing them , you still have the "choice".

As for the money aspect - yeah great idea, lock people out of the power progression of the game if they are unwilling to pay. Sounds like a very fun experience.

Well, for starters, this game hasn't been P2W so far, so changing the business model now would be a massive betrayal on DE's part, causing unparalleled rage.

And then there's the fact that P2W itself is an unethical business model (in my opinion) that would drive players away.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

You have a penny? Get out of here, you entitled elitist! Some of us WORK for our gear...

This. Exactly this.

I'm so tired of the "co-op game" argument. Just because it's a co-op doesn't mean it's okay to make the game boring. So whenever they want more money, all they hav to do is buff the enemies and sell us a gun to deal with them? No thank you...

*gets mugged and only the fly is left...they took the jellybean and the paperclip* *cries* But seriously making this game pay to win is a bad idea.

That "puts an end to the enemy scaling problem" about as elegantly as removing all enemies from the game would.

Seriously, what would this accomplish except throwing the entire concept of balance out of the window?

1 minute ago, Futurehero said:

It's not. 

Everything I said in the original post has been said by other people on these forums at some point. I'm not trolling you.

You aren't exactly inspiring a whole lot of confidence...

9 minutes ago, Futurehero said:

You're making a co-op game competitive. DE should probably remove % damage done from end of mission screen...

Ding Ding Ding!!!!

Pointing at the Noggle, where did the other Tenno touched you?

So let me take a wild guess here, correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE.

Is it safe to assume you or a friend just returned to game to find how much you still need to work on in order to be of any assistance on a mission, and the best thing you could think of was "My wallet is full, we should be able to buy our way to greatness".

7 minutes ago, Bleak-Knight said:

Why do I have a feeling that this topic was always bait?

It is.

Edited by Souldend78

Just now, AurumandArgentum said:

Here, let this guide tell you why you are wrong regarding that this is a PvE game.

I don't disagree with that post, but the feedback threads are filled with people wanting old Mirage and Trinity back .So overall, what does the WF community say?