The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why shouldn't this game be pay to win ?

Futurehero

17 hours ago, Futurehero said:

So, what if DE decided to release Sentient guns that deal 5k damage per hit and are full auto, and can only be bought for 300 platinum ? Would that really be a problem ?

Warframe has never been remotely pay-to-win, and it never will be. The game is fair to both players who support the company and those who can't afford to. The only things anyone has to buy with real money are things that don't affect gameplay, like cosmetics. If DE makes any new weapon, it will be free to acquire and use. Don't worry.

I dunno...  I'm really happy with the "spirit" of Warframe being a F2P title.  As it stands with trading people that don't buy platinum can sort of farm it by selling things to people who do buy platinum.  It's a great model.  I feel that if the most powerful items in the game are locked behind paywalls (even though platinum can sort of be farmed), it's just not in the spirit of F2P to do so.  Also, it kinda gives a bad impression to people who are outsiders and not really familiar with the game.  Could be a major turn off.

20 hours ago, Futurehero said:

-This would finally put an end to the enemy scaling problem .

-Whoever thinks those weapons are too much, can simply not use them. This same thing is said about things like the Tonkor, or Ember. So why would this be different.

-Since not everyone can afford a 300 platinum gun, you probably won't see everyone in Pub plays with this .

-People finally have an option to easily finish raids.

-Players would still have incentives to make other guns ,the same way people are still crafting things like the twin Basolk when Broken War is given to you for free.

1. No it wouldn't. Saving time on fixing something by adding an infinite damage weapon isn't fixing anything.

2+3. That's like closing your eyes and saying it isn't there because you can't see it.

4. Aren't raids already easily doable? Never bothered with them.

5. Of course people will still build trash weapons because they want mastery. People want to rank up, be max. Level. 

I'm just gonna assume that this post is bait.

tDg9GcJ.jpg

Truly curious as to what topic the OP will create next. Perhaps "Warframe should be $60 because it's as good as a AAA game". I'm sorry man, but you need to rethink your topics, because not everyone thinks like you do, and it seems that this game is fairly large and constantly has new players/content because it has little to no pay to win. I agree with the others in this thread, I'm extremely glad you aren't in charge of the business aspect of this wonderful game.

Warframe is curious in that you _CAN_ pay to win - Basically, you can get anything and everything just by throwing enough money at the game, but... Then... You would win... In a co-op game..? I mean, seriously, then what? Honestly, if this game was less co-op and more pvp oriented, I likely wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much. Besides, if you buy everything, what's the point in playing anymore?

4 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

Warframe is curious in that you _CAN_ pay to win - Basically, you can get anything and everything just by throwing enough money at the game, but... Then... You would win... In a co-op game..? I mean, seriously, then what? Honestly, if this game was less co-op and more pvp oriented, I likely wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much. Besides, if you buy everything, what's the point in playing anymore?

i didnt buy everything as well as i simply like what i did in warframe when it comes to share about "moving in real cash", im not sorry about after checking a few other games ... and DE know that ^^)

look at steves and the others developers-faces they show us, there you can see they know the value about warframe )))))))))))

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Futurehero said:

So, what if DE decided to release Sentient guns that deal 5k damage per hit and are full auto, and can only be bought for 300 platinum ? Would that really be a problem ?

-This game is Co-op. You're not going against someone who is paying for better gear, in fact, them being in your party is only a benefit.

-You can trade a lot of things for platinum, so at the end of the day, platinum just becomes another thing you can grind for.

-In fact, a lot of veterans are probably sitting on buckets of the stuff, earned JUST by trading.

-This would finally put an end to the enemy scaling problem .

-Whoever thinks those weapons are too much, can simply not use them. This same thing is said about things like the Tonkor, or Ember. So why would this be different.

-Since not everyone can afford a 300 platinum gun, you probably won't see everyone in Pub plays with this .

-People finally have an option to easily finish raids.

-"Trivializing content" is not a thing . People have been trivializing content for years and it's still  being played just as well.

-Players would still have incentives to make other guns ,the same way people are still crafting things like the twin Basolk when Broken War is given to you for free.

Honestly, except the knee-jerk reaction that people have to the term "pay to win", is there any argument as to why this couldn't be a thing? It would certainly make DE a lot of money, and players can still technically get this weapon for free through trading. 

1 no

2 no

3 no

why you want to pay more ? I've spend more tnah 150euro already because I respect devs for this game not because i have to . If that was one of P2W game I would't play it . If you want pay pay but don't try to force others to pay . simple