Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault opened !

DonGheddo

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

No one is twisting your arm to buy the pack you know, again as Ive said before DE doesn't have to re-release these packs to us, its not their fault that you already own mag prime and the other items, however they do include 1200p which is around the same price as it would be in the store, you just get many more goodies for free in that aspect.

And doing this would in no way harm profits. You're being contrarian just to be contrarian. There's an argument to be made that a cosmetics-only pack could be a risk to profits, but simply replacing dupe items isn't a ground-breaking marketing strategy, it won't reduce sales, it's not complicated. 

"DE doesn't have to re-release these". That's not a real argument, they're doing this as a business and I'm recommending a better business practice. Saying "oh you should be happy this thing is happening at all" is defeatist and an immediately weak position. I don't even need to argue with you on the point, because DE is not doing it for charity nor for good-feels, and I'm not considering buying or not buying the package just for charity or good-feels. 

Also, "1200p is same price as i is in the store". Which is hugely inflated and absolutely NOT worth the price unless you have some form of discount provided with the login system. This is the same bad logic as "this $300 value is yours at only $60!" which essentially tell me the seller is trying to trick me into believing their product is worth 5 times as much as it actually is. If the product is worth it, you can sell it at a good price. If it's not for some reason, you get into the business of doing discount sales that really only bring it down to what it's really worth. 

The Steam Summer Sale has some items that are legitimately discounted, and worth the price. Platinum bought from the store without a discount is not worth the price.

Well I wasn't here when Maggie,Boar and Dakra got vaulted so I guess I'll have to go back to the Void and grind it once again. And of course make some trades because there will always be one or 2 parts that will have 0.0000000001% chance of dropping (See Akstiletto Prime barrels). I lost count of how many T4 interceptions I played to get those and never dropped. And I'm sorry DE. I know the game is F2P and you have to make money somehow, and I'm still amazed of how good your game is being a F2P yadda yadda yadda. But I refuse to spend money(80 bucks) on something called a "Pack" that costs 20 dollars more than a newly released game.

And don't get me wrong. I've spent some money on plat in the not so distant past. Because I was having (And still am)having so much fun playing this game that I thought it was worth it. But now that I'm a little bit more experienced in the field of trading, I have enough plat in my pocket to spend on the essentials of the game(potatoes,frame and weapon slots,boosters etc). But 80 bucks on a " Pack"??  not gonna happen.

Edited by (XB1)Yoninrod

1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

Its not, because for all those that can't afford it now they will likely grab it on the second string later, DE makes a ton of revenue from doing these unvaultings.

If DE will separate this package they will have 2 costumers :

1. The costumers who would like to support DE by buying things from and this is a perfect opportunity to do so, they get one hell of deal out of this.

2. The costumers who already have most of the item within this package and they don't want pay for things they already own which it will end up a duplicate which when sold won't yield them enough credits nor they can sell it to other players for plats.

Forcing people to buy something against their will and holding content as hostage (am i going too far here?) is not a smart business practice!

I will simply skip this "deal" if i were to pay for something i already own, i (and a lot of others) already own Maggie, Boar and Dakra, we just need the Armor, if we can get that Armor alone, DE will end up with more money, but if they release package just like that then most of us will skip it, period!

Good deal = people will happily make the purchase.

Bad deal = people will just ignore it.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

Well more than likely their target consumer is new players, since lately we've had a huge influx of them, they are in no danger of their reputation from the community, this game is by far the most active and frequently updated game available on steam that still has a huge community, I'm pretty sure DE knows what they are doing in that aspect.  And despite what people say there were many many people that purchased the previous unseal, unfortunately I missed out on that one, but the next one might me ember prime so look at how many people will purchase that one.

Yes, from a short term business sense, it makes absolute sense to not have separate options. In the long run, I wonder how long until 'veterans" get tired of the shenanigans. 

Options! I just want more OPTIONS! 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Yes, from a short term business sense, it makes absolute sense to not have separate options. In the long run, I wonder how long until 'veterans" get tired of the shenanigans. 

I'm a vet and as I said I'm fine with the price, I mean if it gets too low then you'll see everyone running around with Targis armor, cause you know end game is fashion frame and all that.

21 minutes ago, TheDarkStarChimaera said:

And doing this would in no way harm profits. You're being contrarian just to be contrarian. There's an argument to be made that a cosmetics-only pack could be a risk to profits, but simply replacing dupe items isn't a ground-breaking marketing strategy, it won't reduce sales, it's not complicated. 

"DE doesn't have to re-release these". That's not a real argument, they're doing this as a business and I'm recommending a better business practice. Saying "oh you should be happy this thing is happening at all" is defeatist and an immediately weak position. I don't even need to argue with you on the point, because DE is not doing it for charity nor for good-feels, and I'm not considering buying or not buying the package just for charity or good-feels. 

Also, "1200p is same price as i is in the store". Which is hugely inflated and absolutely NOT worth the price unless you have some form of discount provided with the login system. This is the same bad logic as "this $300 value is yours at only $60!" which essentially tell me the seller is trying to trick me into believing their product is worth 5 times as much as it actually is. If the product is worth it, you can sell it at a good price. If it's not for some reason, you get into the business of doing discount sales that really only bring it down to what it's really worth. 

The Steam Summer Sale has some items that are legitimately discounted, and worth the price. Platinum bought from the store without a discount is not worth the price.

To quote steam sales, it currently has the sonic franchise pack for 69.99 at 50% off regular price, the humble bundle has the same pack currently going for 10$...Yup steam summer sales are TOTALLY legitmately discounted..

23 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Exactly! That's probably the biggest problem with how modern business is run. Investors and shareholders want to see growth, and not the "slow steady" kind, but rather the "instant payoff". If they can't get that, why not pull their funds out and invest in something more worthwhile right? That means that the people who run the economic side of businesses are under a tremendous stress to show a lot of growth each year, and the long term relation between the customers and business are sacrificed of the altar of short term growth. My guess is that if the people actually doing the work, who has been working for years on a product (and hope to work many many more years) had a say the long term relation to customers would be the main focus.

As it is now companies have to spend money on "spin-doctors" that obfuscate and twist the decisions of the higher ups to make the camels easier to swallow.

Edited by (PS4)OppneusKorsuss

4 minutes ago, Mikey_Ro007 said:

Specters of the rails update will be before or after this prime vault?cuz void is gonna disappear,dunno if that counts,just sayin`.....

I don't know why people can't see the writing on the wall. Everything seems to indicate that the prime vault will still be a thing in the new void system. I feel pretty sure that Frost, Mag, Ember, Rhino and Loki prime will not be making a comeback with U19.

Edited by (PS4)OppneusKorsuss

Not to burst anyones bubble but the armor only pack won't happen for legal reasons, it actually states in writing that DE won't refund, subsidize or discount any of the vault packs if the person purchasing them already owns any of the items enclosed, if they did then they would have to refund the players who brought the previous unvault pack as well as those of us who purchased PA and already owned whatever items that were included, and ya I know people that bought the 3rd pack who already owned the weapons, they just wanted the frame and plat.....as I said on another thread, can of worms, DE won't touch it.

11 minutes ago, Mikey_Ro007 said:

Specters of the rails update will be before or after this prime vault?cuz void is gonna disappear,dunno if that counts,just sayin`.....

Well, if you had read from the thread about it, you would realise it is gonna be [DE]layed again for another couples of weeks....maybe august or even further...

20 minutes ago, kkinnison said:

oh that is nice... all one package... when I only need the armor

*sigh*  YOu think they could make more $$ if they separated the stuff out

well, it is up to you if you want that armor so badly that you pay cash for it or you can watch new player wear that armor fashion and feel jealous about it :)
kinda similar to those 0 cash spender's view on Hunhow's gift when you have war ,would you still pay plat for the armor?
they are tempting you ,will you fall for it or not,is another matter.

Edited by Nijyumensou

8 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Not to burst anyones bubble but the armor only pack won't happen for legal reasons, it actually states in writing that DE won't refund, subsidize or discount any of the vault packs if the person purchasing them already owns any of the items enclosed, if they did then they would have to refund the players who brought the previous unvault pack as well as those of us who purchased PA and already owned whatever items that were included, and ya I know people that bought the 3rd pack who already owned the weapons, they just wanted the frame and plat.....as I said on another thread, can of worms, DE won't touch it.

By this logic, how can DE sell Prime Vault for only $60 if it includes Mag, Boar, Dakra AND the Accessories Pack? These are already "discounted" from Original Prime Access ($140 for same; not counting Boosters and Plat). It boils down to what each individual line item "value". The price differences is already contradicting to the original statement if they truly want to go that route. We all know that DE won't go the Vault Prime Pack for current Prime Access Pricing because players won't pay the same price for OLD items.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The Targis Prime armor is the second best prime armor, imo.

You just can't beat the electric effects while channeling Edo Prime.

Still worth a buy if you don't have Edo Prime though.

Haha nope.

Targis is undeniably deemed the best looking armor in game by most people. There's a reason why they're releasing Targis again, it's literally the most wanted item alongside Misa Prime.

Edo would look much better if the chest piece was larger and the electricity effect on the armor did not look like it was 10fps

3 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

By this logic, how can DE sell Prime Vault for only $60 if it includes Mag, Boar, Dakra AND the Accessories Pack? These are already "discounted" from Original Prime Access ($140 for same; not counting Boosters and Plat). It boils down to what each individual line item "value". The price differences is already contradicting to the original statement if they truly want to go that route. We all know that DE won't go the Vault Prime Pack for current Prime Access Pricing because players won't pay the same price for OLD items.  

Its in writing as plain as day to see, and players will always try and find a way to get something free, I'm just saying you probably won't see the seperate packs on this unvault, maybe the next, but DE will have to alter their information page to reflect that, otherwise as I said people who purchased the previous unvault and PA will make a stink about it.

55 minutes ago, TheDarkStarChimaera said:

Too bad, you are nothing more than a player. :)
Since we get that you aren't buying it this time so i guess all you can do is watch the guys who is going to have it.
I meant you can cry all you want here but y'all know, it doesn't really matter.

1 minute ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Well it's because you can actually get those items ingame. People are paying for the exclusivity of those cosmetics