Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How long is Ember WoF viable?

Tomppak

Question

Ember. The frame that can literally kill all the enemies in an exterminate mission with just 1 push of a button (and then jogging towards the exit).

Question is: How long is a "casual" WoF build effective? Assuming no formas, what kind of a build you would do, and at what enemy levels does it stop killing everything but the bubbles/heavy gunners/etc in a tic or two? In other words: At what level do you need to start depending on your gun (or other abilities) to compliment WoF?

Basically: How would you mod Ember (preferably without formas) if you want to be able to push 4 and stroll through the map / stand still while defending an objective (in an effort to make the game play as trivial as possible), and at what levels does this build start to fail at it's jobs?

8 answers to this question

Depends on your power str, and depends on enemy armor.

Also, Nullifiers and Disruptors.

Sortie 2 is doable, for certain variables. (Note: This assumes active use of Accelerant.)

Disregard this. Responded to the title instead of reading the OP.

1 hour ago, Tomppak said:

Question is: How long is a "casual" WoF build effective? Assuming no formas, what kind of a build you would do,

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ember/t_30_0300030020_4-0-5-5-2-5-6-3-5-7-5-4-14-6-5-34-8-5-55-1-4-726-4-5_4-9-55-5-5-9-6-11-726-15-7-4-14-9-f-f-34-5-f-f_0/en/1-0-3
Guesstimate of mid-30s to early 40s, depending.

Flow can be dropped, depending on how actively afk you are.
If not fighting Grineer (or Bursas), swap CP for Steel Charge, and slot whatever.
No forma means no Overextended (which I basically never 'leave home' without) which means that in certain tiles you're not gonna be killing stuff before it starts running for cover, no Primed Continuity + Transient Fortitude, which means that much less damage.

I really need to redo and update my 'Exilus vs. build flexibility' thread, but here's my previous max range Exterm bully build.
(Removed aura polarity, added a -, swapped Vitality for Energy Conversion, swapped Enermy Sense for Power Drift.)

Edited by Chroia

6 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

Ember. The frame that can literally kill all the enemies in an exterminate mission with just 1 push of a button (and then jogging towards the exit).

Question is: How long is a "casual" WoF build effective? Assuming no formas, what kind of a build you would do, and at what enemy levels does it stop killing everything but the bubbles/heavy gunners/etc in a tic or two? In other words: At what level do you need to start depending on your gun (or other abilities) to compliment WoF?

Basically: How would you mod Ember (preferably without formas) if you want to be able to push 4 and stroll through the map / stand still while defending an objective (in an effort to make the game play as trivial as possible), and at what levels does this build start to fail at it's jobs?

You're gonna need a max rank flame repellant after this post....

15 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

WoF damage drops of preaty fast , augment is only thing what will keep her alive in end-game

Well, yes. I'm not exactly looking for end-game build - I'm more interested in what's the critical enemy level in alerts at which point I need to start paying attention to the game (instead of, for example, making breakfast while standing semi-AFK in a defense >.>)

Edited by Tomppak

Just now, Tomppak said:

Well, yes. I'm not exactly looking for end-game build - I'm more interested in what's the critical enemy level in alerts at which point I need to start paying attention to the game (instead of, for example, making breakfast while standing AFK in a defense >.>)

LOL!??. *makes popcorn, sits down, waits for it...

My ember has a potato and no forma, she can handle (read: take a stroll on) most things normal starchart has for offer. It still kills stuffs in hieracon in 2-3 ticks except when ancients are present. You just gotta watch out for ancients, nullifiers and eximus as they can pretty much null your WoF. Your damage falloff isnt noticable when those mobs aren't present so when these start spawning is when you start needing your weapon. otherwise an accelerant will do the job even on high armored mobs.

From the top of my head I got vitality, rage, stretch, intensify, rank 8 primed continuity, consitution, streamline, rank 3 fleeting expertise which i plan to replace with energy conversion, possibly. Going to need a few forma for this though. And If you can afford it, rakta cernos definitely helps with its energy regen on syndicate proc.. or any syndicate weapon/augments with energy regen proc for that matter.

On a side note, People tend to forget that heat proc "panic" is a CC in itself, and while heat proc doesnt stack dot like toxic it refreshes panic duration. WoF's status chance depends on power str so more str =  more accelerant amp + more proc chance + wof blast damage + dot damage. Whether you want intensify or the WoF augment will depend on whether you want more damage or more reliable aoe CC.

Edit: I forgot, mine is ember prime so the default polarities are different... You'll probably have to ditch rage but the the rest of the mods should fit. l use rifle amp aura just for the capacity, steel charge if you need more.

Edited by Yoruno