Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban or Atlas?

(PSN)NOVI1KONOBI

Question

Hi I'm looking to get a new frame and I'm wondering if I should just buy Vauban prime off someone or try to get Atlas I've been using frost, Loki p, and nyx and I'm looking for something useful but also fun to use if you have suggestions besides these two please tell me but I've narrowed my selection down to these two I'm leaning more towards Vauban because I love CC

16 answers to this question

I think I'm gonna get Vauban but I have enough plat to buy the regular version instead of farming and I'm just wondering if there's any real difference between the regular and prime version like I know prime looks amazing but the extra shield and armour doesn't seem like a huge difference and if it's not that much better in any way besides cosmetic is rather just get the regular version and use him today

Mate, if you want help with getting Atlas, my booth is open! I can make the Golem look like swiss cheese and make the infested regret that they took over Jordas! Then, there is this!

If you are looking for fun and the ability to walk through explosions unfazed, Atlas is just awesome! His 1st ability never gets old! The other 3 abilities aren't bad either! I haven't been able to get my hands on a Vauban yet, but I'd rather choose rocking my enemies to death rather than levitate them.

I have just started playing Vauban today, got the Prime baking as we speak. 
Hot DAMN is he fun. I really couldn't care for his 2, but his 4 is one of the most enjoyable abilities to use. Vault over group of enemies, toss grenade mid air, land and blast the Hek out of a squirming ball of enemies being sucked into the vortex. And his 3 is "pretty good" area denial with augment. As in "Nothing will ever touch this" good. 

Both two of my fave frames, I would say "aargh dont spend plat on easy stuff" like I normally do..but Vauban Prime costs a ton of stuff for a new player to farm, and his normal version is hard to get too (though if you are spending plat, seriously wait a few months and the prime version will be way cheaper than it is now in trade - dont waste time buying normal frames if you can help it)

As for Atlas, he was fast and easy for me to farm, but again only because ive been playing a long time and had great weapons and mods on my archwing to the point where I just soloed it over and over. A newish player probably wont have an archwing, never mind decent mods for it so again aquisition can be a problem. 

If you can find some guys to carry you through the golem boss fight for Atlas just buy Vauban. He was the first frame I ever spent plat on and never regretted it, though if you dont mind waiting a little id recommend just getting the prime version when its price drops.

Either frame is fantastic.