Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno weapons that will probably never exist that should

Orangeknight01

How about this: DE (or tennogen) releases skins that change the way our favorite weapons look.

Gorgon unshelled: Gorgon with the cover shell removed, exposing the spinning barrels underneath.

XV0oxG7.jpg

Chain-fed Buzlok: buzlok with ammo belt hanging off the side.

Go9oPPX.jpg

I would keep going but this is a pain on a phone.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)maelstromm15 said:

The soma doesn't have a spool time.

But what people are usually asking for when talking about a mini gun is aesthetics. The gorgon doesn't LOOK like a minigun at all. Nor does the Supra.

As for mobility, as has been mentioned previously, there's been a fan concepts thread about this, but my take on it is: we can be a banshee wielding an Opticor and a Fragor and fly through the skies like we own them. We control SUPERPOWERED ROBOTS for goodness sake. We got this.

Edit: yes I know they aren't really "robots". They're biomechanically enhanced infested flesh golems encased in a metal shell. But still. Space robot pirates.

Uh yes it does.

And the Opticor is held like a normal rifle. It's not held like a heavy weapon would. The same way the Ogris is held like rifle and not like an actual RL rocket launcher. If you want to hold something like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

and still perform the maneuvers we do, then you're welcome to try. It's just not practical.

As for the Fragor.... well I can't really say much. We hold it in a way that allows us to do stuff, so.... *shrug*

-A proper lever-action rifle, slow-ish and powerful. With explosive rounds.
-A launcher that locks on and fires each missile, 5 maximum, fires a wide cluster as an alt fire. Looks like a revolver without a barrel, but cooler.
-A single-shot heavy crossbow. With explosive rounds.

Also an odachi.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

7 minutes ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

The Mutalist Cernos?

Also forget the Ninja thing. Only Ash is a Ninja, the rest are various other classes.

Depends if you mean actual Ninjas or Ninja as despicted in countless movies..

54 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Uh yes it does.

And the Opticor is held like a normal rifle. It's not held like a heavy weapon would. The same way the Ogris is held like rifle and not like an actual RL rocket launcher. If you want to hold something like this:

Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

and still perform the maneuvers we do, then you're welcome to try. It's just not practical.

As for the Fragor.... well I can't really say much. We hold it in a way that allows us to do stuff, so.... *shrug*

Alright, after looking it up, yes the soma has a spool time, but it's a negligible one. My point about the opticor and fragor are the massive size and weight in relation to a somewhat frail body (banshee), yet proving to be 0 hindrance. Considering that while bullet jumping we can't fire (until the end of the animation), and sliding while holding a weapon like that wouldn't be an issue for super robots, I don't see the mobility problem. You're thinking of the issue as if we had the strength and flexibility limitations of humans here. Speaking realistically, I'd like you to try and do anything even remotely close to the maneuvers in game whIle aiming and firing just a pistol. 

Just now, (PS4)maelstromm15 said:

Alright, after looking it up, yes the soma has a spool time, but it's a negligible one. My point about the opticor and fragor are the massive size and weight in relation to a somewhat frail body (banshee), yet proving to be 0 hindrance. Considering that while bullet jumping we can't fire (until the end of the animation), and sliding while holding a weapon like that wouldn't be an issue for super robots, I don't see the mobility problem. You're thinking of the issue as if we had the strength and flexibility limitations of humans here. Speaking realistically, I'd like you to try and do anything even remotely close to the maneuvers in game whIle aiming and firing just a pistol. 

I'm not talking about the weight issue. I fully understand that the weight of a minigun is nothing to a Tenno. The problem is how said minigun is held, and where that weight is focused. Holding a minigun normally would make for difficult maneuvering. Whereas a Fragor or Opticor are held in a way that allows us to perform said maneuvers, the method of holding a minigun would mean it would be more difficult  to use.

Besides, we have an actual minigun. Imperator/Vandal. Maybe Phaedra if you wanna go there.

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I'm not talking about the weight issue. I fully understand that the weight of a minigun is nothing to a Tenno. The problem is how said minigun is held, and where that weight is focused. Holding a minigun normally would make for difficult maneuvering. Whereas a Fragor or Opticor are held in a way that allows us to perform said maneuvers, the method of holding a minigun would mean it would be more difficult  to use.

Besides, we have an actual minigun. Imperator/Vandal. Maybe Phaedra if you wanna go there.

I think you are missing the point.

14 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Which is? Looking cool? Or having a 'heavy, fast firing, spray-and-pray weapons?'

Either way, I personally don't support the idea.

Sliding wouldn't be so difficult with that type of grip. Bullet jumping? Let go of the front grip during the jump. They've got the strength for that. Wall latch/aim glide? Done with magnetic force, we don't actually have to hold on to anything to perform those maneuvers. What is it that would be difficult to do with that weapon?

Edited by (PS4)maelstromm15

20 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I do agree with one thing I  your argument.  The opticor and the ogris should be held like a rocket launcher on the shoulder when aimed. The Gorgon and buzlok should be held by the belt line when hip fired (hence the name). The Tigris and tonkor should be shot with one hand, arm extended to the side when aimed.  DE makes different ways to hold melee weapons, but rifles are all the same.

2 hours ago, mantasas17x said:

Tenno; Dubstep gun!

oh what the fahk... I WANT THIS! HAHAHAHAH basically just to broke the game! XD

anyways, I want a... I'm thinking about a " Sai ", more make such of a sense for space ninjas like us :)

On 6 July 2016 at 0:35 PM, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Chain sword ala Ivy from Soul Calibur. 

Different Energy color gives different effects when it crits such as fire in whip mode throws fire in the area while in sword mode it has the effect possibilities to make fire weapons jam/explode.

Lotus gauntlets & climbing claws. Lotus gauntlets have a meter that grows kind of like the Syndicate weapons but they also allow you to send out a energy Kubrow that rushes through forward knocking enemies out of the way then disappears in a AoE explosion. Climbing claws go on feet and hands and allows us to grab enemies then toss them around; chance to proc fear and bleed on crits. 

Fighting sticks. Stunning strikes that confuse the enemies and chance to bypassing armor and shields. Spinning attacks clear area while ground slam effects  mobility of foes. 

And.....that's it for me.

I would love the chainswords from warhammer 40k to be honest to help me collect blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne.a feeling of nastalgia

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

You don't HAVE to make a minigun shoot from the hip. With a Tenno's strength, it shouldn't be impossible to create an over-the-shoulder variant like how that one sniper from MGS4 works. Magnetic latch on the back of a tenno would be able to hold the back end of the gun parallel to the tenno durring high parkour, with some minor alterations to how the tenno's arms are positioned during said activity. The gun would be balanced weight wise by the ammo and barrel counteracting eachother out and the part that loads ammo and spins the barrels being located right on the shoulder. If I had any animation and modeling skills I would show what I mean by that but alas I do not.

Also, Blackhole minigun. Homing rounds. Built in 4th of a syndicate proc when you vent the gun. 400% aweshumsauce.

Isn't the Soma technically a Tenno Machine gun? I mean, it's damage stats are quite meh if you don't crit, has an above average mag size, has windup (very short, but it's there). And it looks like a coat hanger. Sounds like a Warframe version of a heavy weapon to me! 

An actual "heavy weapon" class for ranged weapons would be nice. Put all our LMG, rocket launcher. BFG type weapons in it. Maybe do some funcky stuff like make them all flat out better in front damage then the best crit built FoTM, but you sacrifice stuff like mobility and a secondary ranged weapon. Basically a Rampart you carry along. 

Edited by Lakais

32 minutes ago, Iceorama said:

You don't HAVE to make a minigun shoot from the hip. With a Tenno's strength, it shouldn't be impossible to create an over-the-shoulder variant like how that one sniper from MGS4 works. Magnetic latch on the back of a tenno would be able to hold the back end of the gun parallel to the tenno durring high parkour, with some minor alterations to how the tenno's arms are positioned during said activity. The gun would be balanced weight wise by the ammo and barrel counteracting eachother out and the part that loads ammo and spins the barrels being located right on the shoulder. If I had any animation and modeling skills I would show what I mean by that but alas I do not.

Also, Blackhole minigun. Homing rounds. Built in 4th of a syndicate proc when you vent the gun. 400% aweshumsauce.

But then you get into the issue of it looking completely un-ninja. We aren't super-soldiers. We're space-super-ninjas. That would be fine in something like Halo or CoD-AW. But it doesn't really fit WF's style.