The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about ridiculously impractical combat maneuvers

Dragxon

5 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

GEE. I WONDER WHY. Maybe it has something to do with THE VERY POINT I JUST MADE?

I'm not talking about the stance I couldn't care less about the stance as long as it fits the polarity, I am talking about the weapons, I would use the weapons if they were good regardless of the stance, no need to be like that mate.

24 minutes ago, Dragxon said:

you guys don't seem to understand that i'm not doing this to complain i'm doing this to have some fun and laugh about how half this stuff would never work in the real world.

The only thing wrong with the stance is the speed of the strike. The fact that you turn your back on an enemy is not some universal law of melee combat, it is actually used with great effect in several instances. The attack you specifically mentioned was also revealed to be an actual combat move that is quite strong, it only needs speed. Pretty much all DE needs to do is speed up that specific hit and it would be perfectly fine.

16 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

I'm not talking about the stance I couldn't care less about the stance as long as it fits the polarity, I am talking about the weapons, I would use the weapons if they were good regardless of the stance, no need to be like that mate.

Stances make or break a melee weapon. Melee weapons are not just good by default. Their stances do it for them. A melee weapon without a stance is near worthless. If they weren't- stances would make them overpowered as all hell. Not like they're not already- but that's because of blood rush.

6 minutes ago, CKNPOTPIE said:

I can't really find the logic in taking time out of your day to complain about a fighting stance in a game where there is space ninjas, pocket dimensions, and the moon being stolen. 

pocket dimensions can be scientifically explained by string theory, accessing them on the other hand...

12 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

Tell me more. :)

Well I like most of my stances and it doesn't seem to me that 95% of all are worthless. Don't remember all the names, I would need a list, but I'm sure there are many good ones.

5 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

Well I like most of my stances and it doesn't seem to me that 95% of all are worthless. Don't remember all the names, I would need a list, but I'm sure there are many good ones.

Thing is;

- "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

- combos uses Pause Strings in a System where you stack Attackspeed = design fail

- compare combos from GoW, DMC, Prototype, LoR etc., most of our combos don´t even yield good procs, AOE features, stagger, special effects, i can count meaningful combos on one hand, two if i would be picky and consider hammering E just because of the damage bonus

- Design Philosophy; Coolness before Practicability

My karate teacher taught me to stop bullet jumping in the air and then dropping on my sparring partners, slicing them in 3 with my dual zorens. Jumping 30 feet in the air opens you to counter attacks and bullets, so it is very impractical. 

1 hour ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

Warframe is not about logic it is about fun (kind of). 

1 hour ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Just use something else if it bothers you too much. 

It would be nice if people did this more often instead of asking for nerfs for the things they dont like. 

1 hour ago, Dragxon said:

So the seismic palm stance's opening punch is the worst possible way to throw a punch first of all it breaks the first rule of engagement: Never under any circumstances turn your back on the enemy. You turn around 360 degrees to hit somebody with the back of your left fist. No way will there be any force behind that hit and it takes a whole two seconds to complete the animation with a fully upgraded fury. It's completely ridiculous.

So what you're saying is a mechanically assisted backhand from what amounts to a cyborg doesn't hurt? On top of that, they're wearing gauntlets that are made to pummel faces and bones to mash and dust, respectively

I find it funny that you take issue with a spinning backfist, and not the fact that you are punching fully armed and armoured enemies. 

It's a videogame, which means realistc fighting techniques give way to ones that either look good on screen, or work in the game world. 

If you made a game with a realistic melee combat system it would just be tedious.