Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

RNG really needs to go with scanning kavats. At least give a drop percentage above 40% or something.

It's already way too damn annoying trying to scan those little agile and jumpy buggers, but then you aren't even given a fair drop chance? And you have to farm 10 scans just for the segment, in addition to 10 more just to make one Kavat. To make it even more amazing, the Infested/Grineer/Corpus have to come along and screw up your day even more as well, killing off all the kavats before you can even get to them. And even when you do get to them, they are a lot of times stuck in the middle of a group of enemies and when you try to kill them to clear the kavat up for scanning, you kill the kavat too....

Come on DE, you really didn't see anything wrong with all this?

In short, I'd much rather go farm 50 Kubrows than go through the hell that is the current Kavat scanning.

12 minutes ago, Zerathos_Dagon said:

RNG really needs to go with scanning kavats. At least give a drop percentage above 40% or something.

It's already way too damn annoying trying to scan those little agile and jumpy buggers, but then you aren't even given a fair drop chance? And you have to farm 10 scans just for the segment, in addition to 10 more just to make one Kavat. To make it even more amazing, the Infested/Grineer/Corpus have to come along and screw up your day even more as well, killing off all the kavats before you can even get to them. And even when you do get to them, they are a lot of times stuck in the middle of a group of enemies and when you try to kill them to clear the kavat up for scanning, you kill the kavat too....

In short, I'd much rather go farm 50 Kubrows than go through the hell that is the current Kavat scanning.

THIS

Getting 1 Kavat even with the increased drop rate is harder than farming ANY PRIME, harder than Hydroid used to be! harder than Mesa still is!

IT"S A BLOODY CAT, NOT A DUAL DRAGON NIKANA WRAITH PRIME!!

Seriously.

Edited by MarkTheRabidCat

24 scans before hotfix, 24 scans after hotfix.

1 Kavat Genetic Code out of 20.

This "hotfix" is a joke. This "doubling drop chance" joke is a joke. Why not 50+% drop chance, if guaranteed drop is supposedly bad for community? Is it really that hard to change two numbers? I would rather farm 10 Kubrow Eggs the day they were released (and yes, I farmed 'em back then) than farm 10 of those codes.

If 36 scans (24/2 'coz it was DOUBLED!) are required for me to obtain 1 Kavat Genetic Code, then I only need 684 scans! Assuming, that Kavats spawn 6 times in a mission, I need to craft only 114 keys! And probably more, because of the terrible RNG system!

Oh goodie, thanks DE!

Now I know what I'm going to do in a couple of days!

And that would be playing Star Wars The Old Republic!

Edited by Afakur

Sooo, I'm at 33 scans at the new 13% rate, Nothing. not a single DNA.

Can someone confirm that the Synthesis scanner works?

You know what... screw this. I'm gonna play a different game until the drop rate is made something SANE.

ABSULUTE MINIMUM 25% and Better 50-100% with something set up to ensure I can't go 20 scans and not get a single damn one. LATER WARFRAME.

12 minutes ago, MarkTheRabidCat said:

Sooo, I'm at 33 scans at the new 13% rate, Nothing. not a single DNA.

Can someone confirm that the Synthesis scanner works?

You know what... screw this. I'm gonna play a different game until the drop rate is made something SANE.

Atleast 25% with something set up to ensure I can't go 20 scans and not get a single damn one. LATER WARFRAME.

Syntheses scans do work. I used it to get all mine.

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

Im just going to say that with the new patch I was getting 0-2 codes per derelict excavation run I was doing. Maybe I was just lucky, idk, but I was pretty consistently getting some.

I did 6 ODEs, I never got one. If my luck holds like that... I'm not going to bother.

Can't believe I've read through this entire thread. Maybe 8 posts are not about the drop rate. That's pretty indicative of a problem. At least DE addressed it partially.

I had leftover plat from a discount buy, and I love my huras kubrow, so i figure cats will be just as good.  I get the cat and get it leveled and toss a forma on it and relevel it and in this time, I'm watching it carefully. The thing rarely attacks. Also, the mischief ability fires off often enough but the cat just loses out on dps because its wasting so much time not attacking. Also, the decoy doesn't make anything attack it or even stop attacking me, so it doesn't really do anything.

The kavat looks real cool, Warframe Pokemon, but its rare attacks combined with its intermittent use of charm makes it an unreliable pet. My kubrow puts out a ton of damage (the thing has mowed through a crowd of level 60 and probably 80 level heavies and one shot them all) and survives explosions so it doesn't get nuked dead. This doesn't seem to be as durable, and it wastes so much time doing things besides attacking. I'd give up charm if it meant it was constantly attacking. Maybe they don't because its a cheap way to reduce server load, I don't know, but I'm not happy that the kavat can be so passive in the heat of battle.

Chance of DNA is just fine, Farmed 5 full kavats in 2 days, so 50 dna codes.

People, let's just think. You are all doing it ALONE,  do it in a full group, bring a CC frame ( Vauban, Ivara ) and to the scans, in a full group, there's 6 Kavats per litter and 3 Litters in ODE,  it's not like crafting the keys is expensive.

I usually get 1-3 dna per mission, the minimum was 0 , the maximum was 5.

Warframe is a multiplayer game, farm it with the community and stop complaining because you don't have the same advantage while playing Solo ^^

Edited by Cyberhazard
typo

4 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

how many kavats are you scanning per run? I was getting 6-12 per run.

I was averaging 5-6, and I was clearing the entire map, and I never saw a Kavat die.

36 minutes ago, Cyberhazard said:

Chance of DNA is just fine, Farmed 5 full kavats in 2 days, so 50 dna codes.

People, let's just think. You are all doing it ALONE,  do it in a full group, bring a CC frame ( Vauban, Ivara ) and to the scans, in a full group, there's 6 Kavats per litter and 3 Litters in ODE,  it's not like crafting the keys is expensive.

I usually get 1-3 dna per mission, the minimum was 0 , the maximum was 5.

Warframe is a multiplayer game, farm it with the community and stop complaining because you don't have the same advantage while playing Solo ^^

Your argument would be valid if IT WASN'T A BLOODY CAT. Mechanically it's a just a Kubrow for Cat people, AND NOTHING ELSE.

It doesn't warrant a massive farming party!!! 

It's not the Odotana Prime, we're not going 40 minutes in a T4 survival here we're GETTING, A BLOODY, CAT!

A very cool cat yes, but this is still ridiculous.

1 minute ago, MarkTheRabidCat said:

I was averaging 5-6, and I was clearing the entire map, and I never saw a Kavat die.

Your argument would be valid if IT WASN'T A BLOODY CAT. Mechanically it's a just a Kubrow for Cat people, AND NOTHING ELSE.

It doesn't warrant a massive farming party!!! 

It's not the Odotana Prime, we're not going 40 minutes in a T4 survival here we're GETTING, A BLOODY, CAT!

A very cool cat yes, but this is still ridiculous.

A Bloody cat that can bring flat 60% critical chance for your whole party
or
use a random buff to it's owner that allow him to give you:

- Warframe powers use no energy (includes channeled abilities).
- Forces all attacks (including Warframe powers) to red crit.
- Energy pickups restore double the amount of energy.
- Instantly reload one time.
-The next hit you take does no damage to you.
- creates a rare resource for its owner.

Due to its utility, everyone will want them, and you need to deserve it.

It's not like Stalker got 0.003% chance to give you a Kavat Dna code, we're talking about  enemies in a maximum number of 18 per fast extermination that might give you a Dna code.

If it's still not enough , upgrade your synthesis scanner to do double scans.

15 minutes ago, Cyberhazard said:

A Bloody cat that can bring flat 60% critical chance for your whole party
or
use a random buff to it's owner that allow him to give you:

- Warframe powers use no energy (includes channeled abilities).
- Forces all attacks (including Warframe powers) to red crit.
- Energy pickups restore double the amount of energy.
- Instantly reload one time.
-The next hit you take does no damage to you.
- creates a rare resource for its owner.

Due to its utility, everyone will want them, and you need to deserve it.

It's not like Stalker got 0.003% chance to give you a Kavat Dna code, we're talking about  enemies in a maximum number of 18 per fast extermination that might give you a Dna code.

If it's still not enough , upgrade your synthesis scanner to do double scans.

I've never seen more than 6 Kavats in an ODE, and my scanner IS upgraded.

Okay, my point is lessened reading that... instant reload.... *stares at his Drakgoon and Rubico...*

If running with buddies really DOES ramp up their spawning from 6 to 16, then that does make this a little more reasonable (And for that I'll give it a couple shots).

But we're still dealing with the fact that the calculations are using raw, unchecked chance, and there are a good chunk of people just getting the crap end of the probability distribution, and racking up enough scans that they should have 20 already but barely have 5. I mean from the scans I've done I SHOULD have 5 already, but I have 0. And I'd probably bet there's some lucky _________ out there who got all twenty by scanning 10 Kavats that all spawned in one mission.

1 hour ago, Cyberhazard said:

Doing it with my friend, in a group of two where we both know exactly what we're doing. I bring equinox and we scan the area for Kavats, getting 9+ per run. We know how to clear the enemies from the area without killing off the cats, and scan them, being sure we've both finished before killing them.

2 DNA per run if we're fortunate.

I don't agree with the thought that Kavats are hard to find or keys are expensive to make like a lot of forum-goers, but even with the update, these codes are at an unreliably low drop rate.

For those who don't have CC frames, are new to scanning, get groups with idiots who don't know how not to murder the entire room, or are just unlucky, this is hell.

3 minutes ago, Maugre said:

Getting "a hand" isn't the issue here.

There's only one issue in my eyes about the Kavat farm, it's that the ones that give you the Dna are not chosen upon scans  but linked to the Kavat generated itself.

If a Kavat give a Dna, it will be the same one for all the team, meaning that we don't really have a % chance of getting a code per Kavat, but a % chance that a Dna gifted Kavat will spawn on the mission.

7 hours ago, Zerathos_Dagon said:

^ This. At this rate nobody's gonna bother with Kavats after levelling one of each type for mastery fodder. And they're supposed to be a major feature of this otherwise utterly terrible update. In 2 days of doing Derelict I have 5 DNA codes... 5 out of the 20 I need to construct the incubator segment and create ONE Kavat...

Seriously DE I didn't even have to farm this hard to get all of Vauban Prime. It's utterly ridiculous to try and get a Kavat right now, I challenge DE to try it themselves. Warframe is becoming pay to win more and more. I'll be playing Tomb Raider until you fix your rushed update.

7 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

^ This. At this rate nobody's gonna bother with Kavats after levelling one of each type for mastery fodder. And they're supposed to be a major feature of this otherwise utterly terrible update. In 2 days of doing Derelict I have 5 DNA codes... 5 out of the 20 I need to construct the incubator segment and create ONE Kavat...

Seriously DE I didn't even have to farm this hard to get all of Vauban Prime. It's utterly ridiculous to try and get a Kavat right now, I challenge DE to try it themselves. Warframe is becoming pay to win more and more. I'll be playing Tomb Raider until you fix your rushed update.

In 2 days of farming , around 20/25 ODE done,  I got  52 DNA Codes. As I said, Bring a CC frame ( Vauban / Ivara ) And you can clear the enemies/Scan them easely. And in a full group there's 18 Kavats per ODE.

5 minutes ago, Cyberhazard said:

In 2 days of farming , around 20/25 ODE done,  I got  52 DNA Codes. As I said, Bring a CC frame ( Vauban / Ivara ) And you can clear the enemies/Scan them easely. And in a full group there's 18 Kavats per ODE.

One person with good luck does not make the hundreds with bad luck irrelevant.