Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

6 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Tried my first Kavat hunt tonight. Its a triple grind wall, AT LEAST:

-Need Traces to make keys (grind boring, repetitive Fissure events)

-Grind the Derelicts (hoping for Kavats to both spawn, and live long enough to get scanned in the first place (and thanks for putting whole armies full of Grineer flame flowers in there, now, yeah.

-HOPE that, IF you have a key, and IF the Kavat lives...then it ALSO happens to drop what you need on scan.

You don't need traces to craft derelict keys, it's only needed for dragon keys.

I will put it simply. My experience so far with kavats is the same. I have no vacuum when I use kavats. And this utterly destroys my mood and fun in runs.

Kavats have no vacuum.

Kavats have no guardian.

Kavats are MR fodder for me.

As long as carrier has vacuum I will take carrier over anything. You can't make players stop to pick up tiny bit of loot and mods in a game focused in mobility and parkour!!!

Edited by Domaik

1 hour ago, Domaik said:

You can't make players stop to pick up tiny bit of loot and mods in a game focused in mobility and parkour!!!

Because that 100 alloy plate lying on the floor is totally valuable. Just pick up what you need and be done with it, loot really isn't a big deal except for ammo and energy pickups, and even then it's not necessary for most of the time.

24 minutes ago, Madho said:

Because that 100 alloy plate lying on the floor is totally valuable. Just pick up what you need and be done with it, loot really isn't a big deal except for ammo and energy pickups, and even then it's not necessary for most of the time.

Because during any mission,be it easy or hell,you stop to look at the pile of resouces lying on the ground and be like:ima pick this and this and this and that,not gonna pick up that or that and etc,while getting shot dead while at the same time those rare mods or resources are lying in corners or above you and the carrier saves you all that time plus you dont have to go to the upper level to walk over mods and etc.

I swear every carrier hater is probably buying the resources from the market like bruh

In a grind game "loot really isn't a big deal " im done lmao

Edited by svanced

13 minutes ago, svanced said:

In a grind game "loot really isn't a big deal " im done lmao

Eventually you'd be swimming in resources that you don't even need. I personally won't be using carrier unless I don't have any other sentinel to synchronize my Warframe with, or if I'm using a Nekros. I primarily use it for convenience.

Back on topic.

Kavats themselves are a straight upgrade to kubrows, a fitting companion for us at last, albeit buggy at times. But overall, it's a sweet deal.

1 hour ago, Madho said:

Eventually you'd be swimming in resources that you don't even need. I personally won't be using carrier unless I don't have any other sentinel to synchronize my Warframe with, or if I'm using a Nekros. I primarily use it for convenience.

Back on topic.

Kavats themselves are a straight upgrade to kubrows, a fitting companion for us at last, albeit buggy at times. But overall, it's a sweet deal.

A sweet deal?

Yeah....grind DNA drops. For days. Constant costly injections. No vacuum.

Yeah. Some deal.

No thanks.

33 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Yeah....grind DNA drops. For days. Constant costly injections. No vacuum

Took me 4 hours lol, and injections are hardly enough to act as a credit sink. I still have over 100 of them stocked up, I think. The only thing that really bothered me was the scanning fatigue. It's worse than grinding Equinox. I don't really mind forma leveling though. 

13 minutes ago, Madho said:

Took me 4 hours lol, and injections are hardly enough to act as a credit sink. I still have over 100 of them stocked up, I think. The only thing that really bothered me was the scanning fatigue. It's worse than grinding Equinox. I don't really mind forma leveling though. 

Four hours of, yet again, doing the same thing over and over? Is this all DE knows how to do?

Put the stuff in the game. In a variety of places. Then just let us find it as we play how we want...

Would be much less grind like that way. This is why Cephalon Fragments are fun, while Kavats are a miserable chore.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

Alright, drop rate's better enough that I wouldn't consider it 'practically unfarmable' - but they certainly don't rain.
A bit more tweaking would probably be good, but all I have to go on is subjective.

That said, they feel far from trivial - but achievable, and given that you need to go out of your way to farm them, I'd actually buy them instead of farming them, if they cost 1-3p each. At 5p I personally find them overcosted - especially when compared with a 10p Kubrow Egg.

(inb4 Egg price set at 50p, I know.)

I have no feedback on the actual Kavats yet, will come back when I do.

1 hour ago, Ikusias said:

Also risk of getting a kavat with the hiper derpy face as insult to injury after all the RNG!

Risk? There's no risk, it's a guarantee! At least has been for me. I've incubated 5 Kavats so far, 1 was Adarza, and the other 4 were all derpy pug-faced Smeeta. This bullsh*t needs to change. I want my time and resources back, DE!

A suggestion: can we get Kavat Genetic Codes as alert rewards? Or, better yet, bundles of the code? Because it's nearly two weeks into SotR, and I've yet to get a single one and the temptation to just use plat is real. Plus, we already have Kubrow Eggs as potential alert rewards.

17 minutes ago, Adder1 said:

A suggestion: can we get Kavat Genetic Codes as alert rewards? Or, better yet, bundles of the code? Because it's nearly two weeks into SotR, and I've yet to get a single one and the temptation to just use plat is real. Plus, we already have Kubrow Eggs as potential alert rewards.

Plus, Kubrow eggs pretty much drop like candy in comparison. It's really not difficult to get them, and you only need ONE as opposed to TEN. Honestly though, I'd just be happy if they got rid of the stupid pug head option, as I've now wasted 4 cores and 40 genetic codes on 4 ugly &#! Kavats that are never going to get used. I wouldn't dare show their ugly mugs to anyone else. Still, I agree, it needs to be easier to get the resources needed to make a Kavat.

This is Business Model trumping fun, period. If it were just Kavats, it might not not be so bad. But it's not.

This is a trend now. DE has become so laser focused on selling plat, that almost nothing in the game is Fun to get by just playing.

It's become a contest to see just how inconvenient obtaining stuff can become on the one hand, and just how much we will tolerate to avoid paying on the other.

The problem is... middle ground is fading fast. There's not much, for vets, to obtain in a varied, enjoyable manner. Just endless grind, or buy plat constantly.

Vets need fun loot too. And right now, that's lacking.

26 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

This is Business Model trumping fun, period. If it were just Kavats, it might not not be so bad. But it's not.

This is a trend now. DE has become so laser focused on selling plat, that almost nothing in the game is Fun to get by just playing.

It's become a contest to see just how inconvenient obtaining stuff can become on the one hand, and just how much we will tolerate to avoid paying on the other.

The problem is... middle ground is fading fast. There's not much, for vets, to obtain in a varied, enjoyable manner. Just endless grind, or buy plat constantly.

Vets need fun loot too. And right now, that's lacking.

My guess is not enough people are buying cosmetics or prime access. That's probably why with the new market rework, they put the plat option at the forefront and the credit option was less than obvious. Free-to-play can only take a game so far. Subscriptions bring in consistent revenue, but for a game like this, once veteran players have everything they want, there's no more revenue coming from them, so they have to introduce more stuff to get them to continue to pay up. I don't like it, but that's the nature of free-to-play.

8 minutes ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

My guess is not enough people are buying cosmetics or prime access. That's probably why with the new market rework, they put the plat option at the forefront and the credit option was less than obvious. Free-to-play can only take a game so far. Subscriptions bring in consistent revenue, but for a game like this, once veteran players have everything they want, there's no more revenue coming from them, so they have to introduce more stuff to get them to continue to pay up. I don't like it, but that's the nature of free-to-play.

I sometimes wonder whether the game would be better with a sub. If, and I stress if, they reduced the grind, I would pony up.

29 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I sometimes wonder whether the game would be better with a sub. If, and I stress if, they reduced the grind, I would pony up.

To be honest, I would too. This is probably the one game where I would pay a sub. I guess that's kind of what prime access is, but it just feels worse because of how expensive it is. Really though, it's better than many other MMOs. Prime access only changes about every 3-4 months it seems. MMOs generally have a $15/month sub, plus the base game, plus expansions. Something like WoW was $40 base (originally) + $15/month + ~$40 for each expansion (cataclysm was more I think, like $70) if you bought them when they came out, which ends up being $270 before the sub cost, which for, say, a year and a half (how long I've played Warframe) comes to $450. Granted, the expansions were spread out over a longer period of time, but then the total price would end up being much higher. For Warframe, if you had bought every single prime access, it would end up being around $1,400, but there's really no need to do that unless you really want the prime accessories, which you could just buy the accessories pack. So idk which would be better. This way we can at least choose how much we pay, but the grind is still pretty painful, though I've heard WoW has pretty painful grind as well.

5 hours ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

Risk? There's no risk, it's a guarantee! At least has been for me. I've incubated 5 Kavats so far, 1 was Adarza, and the other 4 were all derpy pug-faced Smeeta. This bullsh*t needs to change. I want my time and resources back, DE!

So all the derp-pugs(at least for you) are of the Smeeta race? I have an Adarza and Id rather keep her as a cute kitty than the pug face creature.

Edited by svanced
typo

26 minutes ago, svanced said:

So all the derp-pugs(at least for you) are of the Smeeta race? I have an Adarza and Id rather keep her as a cute kitty than the pug face creature.

I only have one Adarza so far and it turned out fine, so yours might turn out fine too, but I think the derp-pug is still a possibility for it too. It could be that I've just gotten extremely unlucky with the Smeeta, but 4 for 4 seems pretty ridiculous. I'm actually thinking I might create a ticket for them because I wasted a lot of time farming those codes and got nothing in return.

8 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Put the stuff in the game. In a variety of places. Then just let us find it as we play how we want

As others have pointed out or suggested, allow hyekkas to be scanned with a slightly lower drop rate, problem solved.

As for the derp face... I don't have a legit solution to it except for removing it. Got lucky and didn't have a derp face kavat, got a nice smeeta instead. Can only wish others good luck.

5 minutes ago, Madho said:

As others have pointed out or suggested, allow hyekkas to be scanned with a slightly lower drop rate, problem solved.

As for the derp face... I don't have a legit solution to it except for removing it. Got lucky and didn't have a derp face kavat, got a nice smeeta instead. Can only wish others good luck.

They really need to just remove it. I can't imagine anyone actually likes it. It's a face only a mother could love...A SPACE MOTHER!

Just now, PhoeniixFiire said:

It's a face only a mother could love...A SPACE MOTHER!

BA DUM TSSSSSS

But seriously, the face only goes well with a bulky body, but then again, a bulky kavat isn't a great idea.

11 minutes ago, Madho said:

BA DUM TSSSSSS

But seriously, the face only goes well with a bulky body, but then again, a bulky kavat isn't a great idea.

I don't think that face would go well with anything except maybe for a new enemy, maybe a new cat-demon thing. Honestly, it's mostly the ears...those little pipsqueak ears that occasionally wiggle around like the Kavat is trying to take flight, it just looks embarrassing. I don't mind short ears, just make them turned up like a normal cat. A Cougar/Panther looking face would actually be really cool, but this one is just bad.