Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

I've experienced all three heads on my adarzas still no smeeta. Kept the long eared one. :D

Side note: Are your drop rates for dna still reasonable? I haven't gotten one good scan in five runs. (All kavats alive (4-6 per run), complete scans)

I hope they didn't revert the drop rate by accident in one of the hotfixes.

Edited by TonyWong

2 hours ago, TonyWong said:

ISide note: Are your drop rates for dna still reasonable? I haven't gotten one good scan in five runs. (All kavats alive (4-6 per run), complete scans)

I hope they didn't revert the drop rate by accident in one of the hotfixes.

Same. It's been around 5 runs with at least 4 Kavats each since I got my last DNA drop.

Temptation got the better of me today, when my login handed me the second 75℅ discount on Plat. 

I bought Kavats stuff. And got my Sheets (deep face, sadly, no long eared cuteness) first try.

Maxed her two specific mods. Went to Earth.

Freaked out when my new, unranked Kavat, Bast, began taking fire. So afraid it would be downed.

Then I watched the Real Bast, invisible and with an 11 point Maul, slip up and rip Grineer to shreds.

And it hit me: they were firing at a decoy.

Then she refilled my energy, gave me rare items and went back invisible Grineer bothering.

Kavats are amazing.

Although the kavats are pretty powerful I am very disapointed in how they were implemented into the game.

You always tell us you want us to have fun and reduce the grind and give us more diversity.

You did that for kubrows, they were integrated in to the game perfectly, we had a fun little quest for them introducing them in the world, you got to know that you need the incubator and you got your first kubrow, and after that if you wanted more (or dont even wanted more) you would just stumble over an egg from time to time to hatch a new one.

For the Kavats however you fell back right to the early grind days, despite the fact you already did it better before.

First of, If you just start the game you have NO idea on how to even get one, so you need to look it up outside off the game.

Then if you are not a veteran like myself you need to farm OD navs (lucky me for having 20k)

Then you need farm ODC, ALONE, for OVER THREE HOURS (yes I was that unlucky even with the 15% drop buff)  hopping in, scan, fail to get one, restart. OVER AND OVER

and then if you ever want another one, you will never find one by accident.. you will again have to farm them for THREE MORE HOURS! judt runing and scanning like you play pokemon snap.. IN THE SAME LEVEL. yay!

I now have 10, I am building that incubator thing and I will probably never get a cat....

On 7/19/2016 at 7:53 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Tried my first Kavat hunt tonight. Its a triple grind wall, AT LEAST:

-Need Traces to make keys (grind boring, repetitive Fissure events)

-Grind the Derelicts (hoping for Kavats to both spawn, and live long enough to get scanned in the first place (and thanks for putting whole armies full of Grineer flame flowers in there, now, yeah.

-HOPE that, IF you have a key, and IF the Kavat lives...then it ALSO happens to drop what you need on scan.

This isn't a chance of success. Its an insultingly stupid waste of time for which DE no longer has any respect. Its a straight effort to sell Plat and NOTHING more. Which  I wont be falling for. Sorry; no realistic chance of getting it in the game equals pay to win, and I dont support that. 

You're absolutely right.

I'm actually royally pissed to say this, but at this point, I think I'm done with Warframe, and DE, and frankly, I'm pissed about how much money I dropped on this, only to have them come along, and f*ck up a bunch of stuff, that didn't need fixing in the first place, we didn't need to have the old void removed, we needed relics as an alternative. I understand Kavats are supposed to be the next level of companion, but they gotta, at least, feel obtainable, and , for Christ's sake, If you're gonna add pitch, yaw, and lean, to archwing, WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL IT! Now it's a vomit inducing, mess. (SERIOUSLY, does no one on the development staff have vertigo?)

As things stand, I'm not coming back. Words don't express my disappointment. Thanks for wasting our money, and getting our hopes up, for nothing.

Actually, I think I'm done with gaming in general, just not enjoying it anymore, thanks for that too, DE. I'll be uninstalling tonight, time to jump ship, they're not gonna get the message until enough of us stop logging in.

2 hours ago, SmokinDice said:

Although the kavats are pretty powerful I am very disapointed in how they were implemented into the game.

You always tell us you want us to have fun and reduce the grind and give us more diversity.

You did that for kubrows, they were integrated in to the game perfectly, we had a fun little quest for them introducing them in the world, you got to know that you need the incubator and you got your first kubrow, and after that if you wanted more (or dont even wanted more) you would just stumble over an egg from time to time to hatch a new one.

For the Kavats however you fell back right to the early grind days, despite the fact you already did it better before.

First of, If you just start the game you have NO idea on how to even get one, so you need to look it up outside off the game.

Then if you are not a veteran like myself you need to farm OD navs (lucky me for having 20k)

Then you need farm ODC, ALONE, for OVER THREE HOURS (yes I was that unlucky even with the 15% drop buff)  hopping in, scan, fail to get one, restart. OVER AND OVER

and then if you ever want another one, you will never find one by accident.. you will again have to farm them for THREE MORE HOURS! judt runing and scanning like you play pokemon snap.. IN THE SAME LEVEL. yay!

I now have 10, I am building that incubator thing and I will probably never get a cat....

Absolutely true and a good point.

Not to mention: ranking them. I am ALREADY bored of running low level missions to rank up my low level Kavat. Ran an Exterminate and 3 Invasion runs. And bored to tears already.

DE keeps introducing more end game stuff that needs to be ranked...by forcing end game players back to low level missions to rank it. Its getting tired and old and I really more and more just want to log off and watch some shows or a movie. Like another person in this thread I dont even know anymore whether  its Warframe or gaming in general, but either way I'm getting very close to done.

4 hours ago, SmokinDice said:

Why are you running it alone? Feral spawn rates are terrible solo. ODE is better than ODC btw. Took me 4 hours for 20 with the synthesis double-scan widget. 

2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Absolutely true and a good point.

Not to mention: ranking them. I am ALREADY bored of running low level missions to rank up my low level Kavat. Ran an Exterminate and 3 Invasion runs. And bored to tears already.

DE keeps introducing more end game stuff that needs to be ranked...by forcing end game players back to low level missions to rank it. Its getting tired and old and I really more and more just want to log off and watch some shows or a movie. Like another person in this thread I dont even know anymore whether  its Warframe or gaming in general, but either way I'm getting very close to done.

Level it in a group, high level defense or excavation or any mission where people are forced to stay close for shared affinity. Put Pack Leader on it and stuff Link Health/Shields/Armor into it. It only takes 2 runs of 1000 cryotic for me to max mine out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advice aside, yes, 20 DNA to get your first cat is too much. DNA should not be required for the segment and a cat should only take 5 DNA at the most. 

2 hours ago, Vaseler said:

My opinion kavats great idea better than kubro but still not good enough to replace carrier. nothing else needs said.

This is indeed another issue with all companions...and a big one. THe "Vacuum Issue" isnt going away until Vacuum is a built in part of all Warframes (as it should be). There are plenty of other, better, things a Carrier can do. Like...I dont know...maybe CARRY things? I mean...imagine that. It holding extra Orbs and ammo, and...GASP...CARRYING them.

6 minutes ago, Madho said:

For what, exactly? 

hes talking about it having extra storage for things. so it can carry extra ammo, energy, health etc. and give it to you when you need it. its been one of the most popular carrier changes proposed so far.

2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

This is indeed another issue with all companions...and a big one. THe "Vacuum Issue" isnt going away until Vacuum is a built in part of all Warframes (as it should be). There are plenty of other, better, things a Carrier can do. Like...I dont know...maybe CARRY things? I mean...imagine that. It holding extra Orbs and ammo, and...GASP...CARRYING them.

This could be a GREAT improvement of this sentinel !

Hope the Dev will considering this kind of changes :)

Why does my Kavat sit at the start of a mission and not move?

Why do I keep seeing people's Kavats die in high level corpus from sapping ospreys, only to rez them and they still DON'T MOVE AT ALL? Kubrows had this problem a long time ago, and it was fixed by having them re-position near their owner if they're too far away for a period of time. Why are Kavats not doing the same thing? Why am I wasting a companion slot for something that just sits around doing NOTHING?

On 7/18/2016 at 5:41 PM, TheTundraTerror said:

Cp8O6Y1.png

Can we fix this bee ess of Kavats dying in midair and becoming impossible to revive.

Had that happen in a sortie. I think the Kavat does it'd wall jump pounce attack and gets killed during the wall jump.

My solution was to jump towards it and start rezzing. Much to my surprise, it worked. My frame just floated there in midair, rezzing my Kavat without issue.

Not that this fixes the issue, but it'd a workaround of sorts at least.

11 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

hes talking about it having extra storage for things. so it can carry extra ammo, energy, health etc. and give it to you when you need it. its been one of the most popular carrier changes proposed so far.

Then how is it different than the carrier we have now? Plus, how does it determine if we need the resource or not? If it's additional storage, then it doesn't really solve the "carrier above all" problem, does it? People would request a storage room for all sentinels, then we have to buff carrier and other companions as well, and then it will spout out and spider web into different directions, which means even more things need to be reworked, and it'll be an endless nightmare cycle, making the situation even worse. Has anyone really thought this through? 

5 hours ago, Madho said:

Then how is it different than the carrier we have now? Plus, how does it determine if we need the resource or not? If it's additional storage, then it doesn't really solve the "carrier above all" problem, does it? People would request a storage room for all sentinels, then we have to buff carrier and other companions as well, and then it will spout out and spider web into different directions, which means even more things need to be reworked, and it'll be an endless nightmare cycle, making the situation even worse. Has anyone really thought this through? 

You're surprised that not all end users make great game designers and engineers? :D

As an indie game developerwannabe I feel DE's pain in the whole situation. On one hand you have the community feedback which you need to listen. On other hand, tons of people who think that the best idea ever is to have a Draco^2 mission where you instantly get "YOU WIN" screen as soon as you join it, and mods that fit all pets that provide every currently implemented functionality and then some.

35 minutes ago, Eudaimonium said:

On other hand, tons of people who think that the best idea ever is to have mods that fit all pets that provide every currently implemented functionality and then some.

I often see Carrier as an incredibly utility-based companion, as opposed to others that provide a significant edge in combat, like Diriga or Djinn. I myself am perfectly capable of accepting the fact that carriers sacrifices damage and cc for collecting loot, but then again... not many people share the same philosophy. I know that it's tedious to pick up loot, but this is hardly a concern when I'm focused on killing my enemies. Thus I use companions that provide me healing (sentinels), cc (Djinn, Diriga, Raksa kubrow) and whatever buff that I need (Smeeta Kavat). 

On 22.7.2016 at 3:42 AM, Biter. said:

Why are you running it alone? Feral spawn rates are terrible solo. ODE is better than ODC btw. Took me 4 hours for 20 with the synthesis double-scan widget.

so it actually took you even longer then me, because I dont have the double scan.

It's time to change some important things in terms of acquiring kavat DNA.

1. We must have 10 codes for the segment to craft - it is reasonable.

2. BUT! We must bring 2 (two) codes for a kavat to start breeding. Why? Because average kavat DNA hunting mission results in 1-2 codes. Another solution will be enhancing the chance of successful scan. As it happens now - this is one of the most boring and tedious things I've seen in this game so far for the last 2 years.

Kavats should show up on most Infested tiles. Their exclusivity to Derelicts is compromising the internal consistency of Warframes world building. If the mindless infested can spread, these clever cats can sneak their way into Grineer galleons for a way off a Derelict and onto Saturn or Eris.

Kavat DNA should be an uncommon drop on any tile where Kavat show up, in addition to a scan reward.

The crafting segment should not require DNA to build. It's a machine.

Players who spend Plat for Kavat stuff, should receive a 3 hour XP Booster with the maturation of their first Kavat.

Incentives for purchase work far better than punishment for not spending. 

Edited by BlackCoMerc

We need to send a serious message.

If you're enjoying the update, ignore me, and go about what you're doing, I DO love this game, but I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with DE's recent trolling.

...but it's time for those of us dissatisfied to stop logging in, until DE gets this crap fixed.

I love my cats but lets be real

1. Please allow for 1 guaranteed dna scan per run.

2. I dunno if it does but please give an indicator of the type of luck smeeta give you. Right now im not even sure what each does. I know which i could get but never sure what I got.

27 minutes ago, Anatolius said:

I love my cats but lets be real

1. Please allow for 1 guaranteed dna scan per run.

2. I dunno if it does but please give an indicator of the type of luck smeeta give you. Right now im not even sure what each does. I know which i could get but never sure what I got.

Hell, man, i'd even be ok with like a 10% chance of failure, but don't make failure the norm.

How hard is that to figure out as a developer?