Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

9 hours ago, Azathoth0013 said:

We need to send a serious message.

If you're enjoying the update, ignore me, and go about what you're doing, I DO love this game, but I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with DE's recent trolling.

...but it's time for those of us dissatisfied to stop logging in, until DE gets this crap fixed.

I'm confused, I thought you said you uninstalled 5 hours ago.

16 minutes ago, TonyWong said:

I feel they've rolled back on the kavat drop rates without telling us. I haven't gotten a good run of scans since a few hotfixes ago. Heck, getting just ONE seems like a distant memory.

Even if they rolled back the genetic without telling us, a certain friendly person on the subreddit would alert us to this change.

Immediately after the hotfix where they buffed the rates, I reopened my "Cat" sheet and recorded my personal findings:

two runs before the buff: 4 Kavats, 0 DNA | 3 Kavats, 1 DNA

three runs after the buff: 4 Kav, 3 DNA | 7 Kavat, 0 DNA | 4 Kavat, 0 DNA (averaged to 18% after 5 runs)

I haven't run any since the following hotfixes because I ended up caving and bought 36 genetic code.. 10 for kavat segment & 10 for nightmare fuel along with getting super lucky and incubating Adarza & Smeeta with the remaining 20.

Conclusion: RNG will always be RNG.

Edited by KettleTicket
linebreaks

1 hour ago, Kippenoma2000 said:

Why is my smeeta not dropping many resources? Played with him for several days and only had 3 times of loot drops

Do you have Maxed Charm equipped? (Stupid question, I know, but you never know, you might have removed it accidentally during Upgrading...).

I ran a Corpus mission with mine last night, and ended up with 9 Neural Sensors, while my Kavat-less partner (who is trying to get scans and NOT enjoying it AT ALL) only ended up with 4. Given the drop rate of these items...well, I dont want to use the phrase "Pay to Win" here, but...lets call it "all but pay, for major advantages to progression" instead.

Seems kavats also have a bug where you'll get different body parts when you go from kitten to mature. Pretty disappointing when you get a kavat you really like in kitten form, mature it, and it has a completely different feature. Blah. Maybe it'll get fixed at some point...RIP almost perfect kavat and 10 gene codes. :(

Started with the foxlike ears and face

Spoiler

p4Yw2YM.jpg

Ended with this silly scottish fold face.

Spoiler

mBt0lZS.jpg

Edited by Windknightt

2 hours ago, Windknightt said:

Seems kavats also have a bug where you'll get different body parts when you go from kitten to mature. Pretty disappointing when you get a kavat you really like in kitten form, mature it, and it has a completely different feature. Blah. Maybe it'll get fixed at some point...RIP almost perfect kavat and 10 gene codes. :(

Hide contents

p4Yw2YM.jpg

Hide contents

mBt0lZS.jpg

All kittens use the same model. 

As it is currently, kavats can use ALL kubrow mods except the one that gives +90% shield regen rate.

Kavats also can use 5 mods that are kavat-unique.

I'm sorry but I just can't help but think we need some kubrow precept buffs/new mods...

I don't like Sense Danger's visual effect because of:

1.The color.

2.Confusing alive enemies and corpses.

3.Hard to tell eximus unit.

4.Can not see what type of ancient because of the color.

5.Even if I don't equip this mod, my ally's kavat still causes all these problems.

Any way to improve it?

A.I. is horrible just like Kubrows. My Smeeta will get stuck at the start of a tile and stay there while I run the whole mission. My kubrows get stuck against lockers in the void this way but they snap out of it after I get a certain distance. The Smeeta does not he just stands there constantly casting abilities.

21 hours ago, Windknightt said:

Hide contents

p4Yw2YM.jpg

Hide contents

mBt0lZS.jpg

I had this same issue, and I badly wanted the cool ears and all. I miss those! 

That said, I do love my Kavat. Its an enjoyable, powerful companion. Begging for Kubrow to be brought in line power wise. Maybe with a different identity as Companions - they can focus more on damage and tackling and taking on bad guys while Kavats go for utility and boons and trickiness, perhaps - but to have one so grossly overpower the other...you're making content obsolete before a lot of people even experience it. 

9 hours ago, 04wrxga said:

A.I. is horrible just like Kubrows. My Smeeta will get stuck at the start of a tile and stay there while I run the whole mission. My kubrows get stuck against lockers in the void this way but they snap out of it after I get a certain distance. The Smeeta does not he just stands there constantly casting abilities.

Had this same issue for the first time tonight. Kavat REALLY dislike stacked crates.

Probably all smell like Mesa...

Can we get a hotfix for the "unknown error" when trying to breed kavats? It was kind of a pain in the butt getting 20+ DNA samples (10 for the segment, 10 for the incubation), not to mention dropping 100k creds on a power core, and the time it took waiting for this stuff to build just to be told "screw you, no kavat."

I've got a problem in that I made a genetic imprint of my Kavat but when I click on "Claim" it comes up with "unknown error". I raised a support ticket but they've told me to post it here. So I haven't been able to use my Kavat yet :(

8 hours ago, Wrath_666 said:

I've got a problem in that I made a genetic imprint of my Kavat but when I click on "Claim" it comes up with "unknown error". I raised a support ticket but they've told me to post it here. So I haven't been able to use my Kavat yet :(

Same here. Mine's been on lockdown for about 20 hours now. I bought Kavat Genetic Codes from the market (by the way, I think it's hilarious that the Kavat Starter Kit doesn't give you enough Genetic Codes to make both a Kavat and the Segment) after buying the Starter Kit so that I could have a Kavat before my friends did. Now my friends are all playing with their cats while I can't use mine. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

Additionally, I'm a little disappointed Scavenge (the open-locked-lockers mod) doesn't work with Kavats. Might be cool.

EDIT: Oh.

Edited by Snivs

1 hour ago, Snivs said:

Additionally, I'm a little disappointed Scavenge (the open-locked-lockers mod) doesn't work with Kavats. Might be cool.

Scavenge works just fine with Kavats.  My Smeeta has been cracking lockers for as long as I've had him.  Just make sure it's in the top-left slot of his mod window, so it has the highest mod priority, and your kitty will pop lockers every time they wander near one (and Kavats pick lockers faster than Kubrows do).

I didn't know the precept ordering was a thing. I just sat around in a room that was otherwise empty except for a couple lockers, for about a minute and didn't get any results. This was back when Kavats first happened, so maybe that was fixed since.

Also, new update and I still can't claim my cat. Poor thing.

I do have the same issue with Kavats as Kubrows, I wish there was like a way to have just one hanging out in your lander without having to worry about it dying. Have a non-combat license that removes gene degradation but also makes it so that pet can't fight. You could remove it but then degradation comes into play again. Just my thought 

23 hours ago, Woodycutter said:

Has something been broken with kavat breeding, I've breed 7 kavats in the last 2 days and they're all Adarza. Is Smeeta super rare?

Up to 8 Adarza now, so yea there's a bug. Until I hear otherwise I'm not wasting anymore time or plat on Kavats.

15 hours ago, homerlaw said:

I do have the same issue with Kavats as Kubrows, I wish there was like a way to have just one hanging out in your lander without having to worry about it dying. Have a non-combat license that removes gene degradation but also makes it so that pet can't fight. You could remove it but then degradation comes into play again. Just my thought 

Something like this would be really cool! I can back this idea 100%

Ok, so for one, DE won me back with the fissure rework, that time limit was bullsh*t.

So, I broke down and bought the sequences, yes I hate myself, too.

...but, now that I have one, I kinda understand the grindwall, and price. These were intended to be endgame companions, that players aren't intended to get immediately, but over the course of farming the crap you get from derelicts.

HOWEVER, here's the problem, for the advanced players that DO have an immediate use for Kavats, we have to spend an inordinate amount of time farming missions we've already run the hell out of.

I would suggest making Kavat Gene Sequence drop rate scale with a player's MR. Nothing outrageous, maybe like 1% per mastery rank, in addition to the base chance, coming out to roughly a 45% chance at MR 30, on each scan. Still requires some farming, but this will help veteran players feel a bit more rewarded for their progress.

So, likely do to the update to making Kavats attack more, the Smeeta cat doesn't seem to activate isn't Charm ability as much. Before people talk about "oh, check your precepts", it's the same as before and yet Charm isn't popping as often as it used to. This is either a massive nerf or a massive bug. Either way, it really makes RNGCat useless.

Edited by TheTundraTerror

Anyone else noticed the lower chance to get DNA scans?  I just run 3 ODE with full grp and only managed to get one scan. (scaned like 50 kavats).

I was usualy getting 3-6 scans in one run..now 0-1.

Edit: everyone in my grp also got only 1 scan so it was not just me

Edited by Mover-NeRo
adding information