Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ordis' Memories Fully Restored (43/43) [+World Building Info Included]

Ibro156

The Scarlet sword is War......and I wouldn't be surprised if the sentients aren't part of this whole cycle of the Orokin causing their own demise, they are like the greek gods, creating their own disasters because of their arrogance.

8 minutes ago, Naruchico said:

The Scarlet sword is War......and I wouldn't be surprised if the sentients aren't part of this whole cycle of the Orokin causing their own demise, they are like the greek gods, creating their own disasters because of their arrogance.

Nah, it can't be. War was given to Stalker by Hunhow at the start of the Second Dream. The only other weapon has to be the Skana

Before all other weapons, Tenno master the Skana. This simple blade becomes immensely powerful in the hands of a master. For Tenno, it is the foundation of their fighting style and a pillar of their culture

He did say he had taken in a Tenno as a

Its possible the "honour code" the Tenno go by is similar to what Ordan and Teshin use as well? Anyway, my point is by description the only weapon that matches is the Skana, unless DE are going to introduce a new weapon.

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

Ordis "body" was his ship. Well, IS his ship.

"Ordis is the Cephalon. Ordis is the Ship"

As for the rest of it:

1. The use of Scarlet is to emphasise just how much blood Ordan Karris spilt as the Beast of Bones. The parallel between him and the Operator, and Tenno in general, is at it's clearest here. Indeed, it's the sheer quantity of blood the Operator spills that leads to Ordis becoming aware of his past...or the vestiges left him by the process.
  2. The Orokin seemed to be preparing to bestow upon Ordan their own immortality. Whatever that Red Vial is...personally, the parallel to the Philosopher's Stone and general alchemical motifs are rather surprising now. After all, Alchemy deals a lot with the creation of gold...and the 'perfect being' too. What're the Orokin repeatedly described as...?
  3. Cephalons up to now were arguably the 'contradiction'; we knew the Orokin hated the idea of sapient machines...but seeing as this is the Orokin, I guess cheating that with the loophole of converted humans makes it 'okay'. It's worse yet when Ordis notes that all Cephalons have similar origins...and we use a few of them as portable noisy flags.
  4. The fact that a) Ballas is directly involved and b) notes the Orokin have died countless times...the way they act, as if it was all 'very amusing'...it certainly reinforces the sheer disconnection of the Orokin from the rest of the human race. Everything Ballas does to Ordan after that seems as if intended for the maximal insult by denying him the very death he'd intended. This also serves to explain why Executor Avantus is still alive for the Eviscerator synthesis...or at least, a start to why; the Orokin really did have functional immortality. Odds on it being Oro, hence 'Oro-kin'? Immortality is a sure shot towards power, after all.
  5. Seeing as Ordis is an 'Antique series 2 Cephalon' according to Simaris, Simaris noted that there weren't any others functioning. Seeing how Ordis was basically milliseconds from committing suicide...this may be why; if every other Antique series 2 used to be a person, and they reclaimed their memories after the fall of the Orokin...can't say I blame them.

All told, this is a pretty grim affair. Certainly akin to the Anne MacCaffrey works, such as 'The Ship who Searched' and 'The Ship who Sang', in as much as 'person becomes ship' though...for notably less voluntary nor positive reasons. 

Certainly becomes increasingly clear why the Orokin had to go. What were the lives of their human or vassal subjects, really, but toys in their immortal games? And of course...whatever dissent they brought upon themselves, they literally shrug off as just another 'death' as they torment their would be assassins.

In a way, it's kind of funny. For a long time I've wondered if the Tenno, knowing of the Orokin's monstrosity, just played along till they got the chance to strike them a permanent blow. Much like the Beast of Bones, they were patient, loyal and then at the Terminus...when all the pieces were in place...For the last time, the Orokin truly died. A revolution for who knows how long delayed. After that was merely clean up, to ensure the job was finished.

Granted...that is conjecture...but it does seem that we can no longer say that the Tenno were the first ones to rebel. No...merely the first ones to rebel in a way that stuck.

Either way, apologies for going on, as always.

And now you know kids, never, ever, EVER, HURT YOUR CEPHALON! He's been through a lot harder stuff than lvl 140 corpus and grineer for 5 hours. Maybe even more. He's living a Third Dream? A dream where he was once a "Beast of Bones" and needed to be rescued. But if you do, you lose your ordis? All speculation stuff. 

9 minutes ago, ClatterHD3 said:

A dream where he was once a "Beast of Bones" and needed to be rescued. But if you do, you lose your ordis? All speculation stuff. 

15503925_7.jpg?v=8CFDEB0CF8F88B0

???

9 minutes ago, ClatterHD3 said:

And now you know kids, never, ever, EVER, HURT YOUR CEPHALON! He's been through a lot harder stuff than lvl 140 corpus and grineer for 5 hours. Maybe even more. He's living a Third Dream?

Honestly, the story suits this song:

Edited by Ibro156

17 minutes ago, ClatterHD3 said:

I like the song but tbh, I dont understand if that pic is supposed to be a compliment or "This is just straight up bs." Do tell me. 

Ignore the pic, me being stupid and not reading things properly. But didn't Ordan needed rescuing. He seemed like a Elite Dax, if he was given a chance to meet the Orokin face to face. Has he said himself that he knew no one that had met them physically.

I know you said don't tell. But the pic was suppose to be the "bone plug", I idea.

3 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

Nah, it can't be. War was given to Stalker by Hunhow at the start of the Second Dream. The only other weapon has to be the Skana

He did say he had taken in a Tenno as a

Its possible the "honour code" the Tenno go by is similar to what Ordan and Teshin use as well? Anyway, my point is by description the only weapon that matches is the Skana, unless DE are going to introduce a new weapon.

But what if we chose the MK-1 bo?

12 minutes ago, (XB1)BroaderSaucer said:

But what if we chose the MK-1 bo?

Actually, I think the sword colour was metaphor. Just saying that "crisom sword", is that he cut down alot of people and drench in blood that sword's colour had changed itself.

LUwOLn7.jpg

So the Corpus as semi Grineer now? Weak. They were supposed to be free of anything just raiding kids normally.

Sentinels are little dumb sentinels?!?!?!?! Scaaaaaary. i dont i can trust them now?

J2K got retcon AGAIN and now he is down to just being a random old infested. MEGA WEAK.

4 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

LUwOLn7.jpg

So the Corpus as semi Grineer now? Weak. They were supposed to be free of anything just raiding kids normally.

Sentinels are little dumb sentinels?!?!?!?! Scaaaaaary. i dont i can trust them now?

J2K got retcon AGAIN and now he is down to just being a random old infested. MEGA WEAK.

Honestly if the Corpus Crewmen didn't have some sort of mass production of humans, I'd be very disturbed about the amount of civilians we were killing. 

Also, where is J2K mentioned? He's been renamed Lephantis for the longest time and I don't see how this is a retcon, nothing of what's said in the description interferes at all with the Lephantis we fight ingame. It merely states the obvious, that Lephantis is a really old infested being that has grown to a massive size.

7 hours ago, Fugana said:

Any reward for unlocking all fragments? any special dialogue with ordis? :S 

7 hours ago, NikodemosTheMan said:

There's nothing sadly.

Honestly, it's bit of a dissappointment. I wish Operator would comment on it at least about Ordis. At least we get to keep some cool concept art :/

7 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Honestly, it's bit of a dissappointment. I wish Operator would comment on it at least about Ordis. At least we get to keep some cool concept art :/

To be fair, just what could be said? Sometimes there really are no words that suffice. Granted, maybe I have a lower threshold for 'ability to respond' looking at the whole thing, but I can at least understand why it's somewhat plausible. This is not to say however, that if they were to add it in later on I'd be opposed to it. Could be one of those 'grossly underestimated the community to collect them all in 72 hours and under'. If there are words to be said, it'll be interesting to see what they are, after all.

One thing though that does strike me though? All these broken individuals, damaged by the Orokin, end up contributing to their eventual fall. Did the pursuit of Perfection render the Orokin blind to the strength of the flawed and fragile in concert? Conjecture as of the moment, but something I'll be looking at as more things unfurl in time.

Either rate, apologies for going on. Guess we'll just have to see what more will come of these fragments in time, if there's more to be had.

I'm calling it right now.

These 'Seven' that supposedly led the Orokin in the past, they're still alive, and hiding. What certainty do we have that these folks didn't have a backup plan, in case they had an uprising they couldn't handle? Another way of perpetuating their existence?

2 hours ago, Blakrana said:

To be fair, just what could be said? Sometimes there really are no words that suffice. Granted, maybe I have a lower threshold for 'ability to respond' looking at the whole thing, but I can at least understand why it's somewhat plausible. This is not to say however, that if they were to add it in later on I'd be opposed to it. Could be one of those 'grossly underestimated the community to collect them all in 72 hours and under'. If there are words to be said, it'll be interesting to see what they are, after all.

One thing though that does strike me though? All these broken individuals, damaged by the Orokin, end up contributing to their eventual fall. Did the pursuit of Perfection render the Orokin blind to the strength of the flawed and fragile in concert? Conjecture as of the moment, but something I'll be looking at as more things unfurl in time.

Either rate, apologies for going on. Guess we'll just have to see what more will come of these fragments in time, if there's more to be had.

Quantity will eventually trump Quality if the numbers are endless enough.

3 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

Don't be. 

This update was titled "Specters of the Rails", not "Beast of Bones", though we'll probably see that in U20, but my bet is that we get something for completing all the junctions and beating all the specters of the rails because that's what this update is all about! >;(

If we get nothing though, then I will be disappointed. =/

Stupid question maybe, but how do you unlock multiple entries from the same planet? Like, I completed the first one on Earth but there are 2 more from Earth too, how do I unlock those?

Should I keep on going on random Earth missions and I simply won't find anymore fragments from entry 1 but directly from entry 2? Or entry 2/3 are on specific separate places on Earth?

I'm trying not to spoil anything before I completed the collection myself, but I can't progress without understanding how it works!

8 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Stupid question maybe, but how do you unlock multiple entries from the same planet? Like, I completed the first one on Earth but there are 2 more from Earth too, how do I unlock those?

Should I keep on going on random Earth missions and I simply won't find anymore fragments from entry 1 but directly from entry 2? Or entry 2/3 are on specific separate places on Earth?

I'm trying not to spoil anything before I completed the collection myself, but I can't progress without understanding how it works!

You go back to that planet again. Fragments aren't located in specific tileset like the Kurai, only planet-specific. You keep scanning any fragments you find until you have all of the Earth entry unlock.

Edited by NekroArts

5 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

You go back to that planet again. Fragments aren't located in specific tileset like the Kurai, only planet-specific. You keep scanning any fragments you find until you have all of the Earth entry unlock.

So like, let's say I keep on running the same mission and I find the first 3 entries for Earth; the first fragment is completed, to start finding the second one I can run the same mission I was running for the first as long as it's on Earth and it will automatically count for the 2nd entry?

If it's like this is waaaaaaaaaay easier than Kuria, I like it! :D