Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Illness

StahlEngel

Ok this is where we list how sick the new archwing is making you

rate it on a scale of 1-10

for me I'm getting

headaches : 7

nausea : 2

this is a post for the people getting ill from it if you're not then move along this forum is not for you.

Ditto. It's especially bad in trench runs. I hate to say it, but the old system way better. Fighting lots of enemies at multiple ranges while being left so disorientated sucks. Strange thing is, I'm a fan of flight games, but the general type of gameplay in warframe just doesn't work well with a 6 axis set up like this. Really, just adding the floating crosshair would have been fine, it's the only part of the new flight system that I like so far :(

I don't mind it and had no issue in solo Pursuit on Saturn. I'm used to similar controls from playing Star Conflict (also a good F2P).  Haven't done trenchrun yet. Will update once I do.

Okay it's not bad in trenchrun but there really needs to be the ability to roll (pitch and yaw? might be the incorrect terms).

Backing up while firing is bugged out.

And for the love of freaking Lotus, fix normal Melee!

Edited by Lanieu

Headache 3

Nausea 4

Inability to see a thing: 8

I used to actually like arcwing, I even found the removed defense mission to be not that bad, but oh god, I did the niatin arcwing alert earlier, and I regret not bailing immediately, most of the time I didnt know what the hell was going on: I just spun the camera and mashed E to be honest.

And damn I had to stop playing afterwards, I just felt BAD.

I will not be doing any more arcwing untill this nonsense is reverted, I just cant play it like this.

4 hours ago, TheDubsteppingNinja said:

imo I think the problem is the decreased fov, not the movement system

This. I can't actually tell you how the movement system is because my camera is stuck up my &#!. 

Maybe it's because I've been playing flight simulators and space sims since at least 1990 and have a very strong sense of fully 3-dimensional movement: I've never gotten any headaches, nausea, or disorientation from any sort of low FOV, positional changes, very fast speed, strobing, or any other visual aspect of any computer game.

However, the new Archwing flight model is absolutely horrible for two reasons:

• no roll axis in the controls; roll is a fundamental axis of 6doF movement
  • way too much inertia added to movement

So, I can see why people are getting sick playing this nonsense.

It seems alright in the big open Grineer spaces, but I haven't tried the Corpus wreckage-tunnels. I'd imagine those are a lot harder to navigate.

My main issue is how close the camera is to me. The camera needs to be somewhere between where it was before and where it is now, preferably closer to the older camera, but still not as far out, because then everything's too small in perspective, which was one of the problems before.

my biggest issue is that its suddenly so SLOW!

Ive played the pursuit for a while now and while i dont experience the nausea and stuff at all since i also played Star Conflict i dont feel like im playing a tiny humanoid strapped on a giant backpack anymore, this is more like manouvering a 2000 ton heavy frigate from said star conflict.

I mean....every movement done feels now so slugish and just doesnt fit the warframe gameplay which is actually pretty precise. I havent been stuck in walls for ages but with this messy crap now i fly into walls and get stuck all the time! And why? Because i turn the camera to change direction and still fly a few hundret meters in the direction ive faced before! In Tight areas that are best 30m wide this doesnt really help -.-

The speed of just holding shift is like the former speed while just normal moving. It feels so incredibly slow

I really loved archwing before, now its just meh. The new chasing mission type doesnt cut it as well as  i am still figuring out what to do actually! 

Edited by RikuGx

Headache: 5

Nausea: 8

Disorientation 10

I personality like the old system better. Not because I don't like change, but because of the new movement. It seems unnatural and when you turn, it feels like there is a delay or the movement physics are off. . .

I don't know how to explain it well but it feels like the animations aren't completely there as well. Looking back at the old Archwing system it was a lot more fun. A lot more animations compare to this new system. You were able to do a Aileron roll when you push the A or D key while moving. Now you don't get that. That was one of my favorite parts about the Archwing system and now you can't do rolls anymore. 

I also notice you move A LOT slower now. Whatever happen to the after burner feature? That was something that made the Arching system feel so epic, felt like you where moving at the speed of sound. Now it feels like I'm a clunky snail in space.

*After burner and Aileron roll are still there, but you have to hold down Shift and Space bar to start the After burner for some reason like StephanosRex said. But now this brings in another problem, I can't control anything while using the After burner. I literally crash into everything.*

My one last problem with this new system is that the camera is far to zoom in. Makes it really hard to see anything.

I'm not usually on this side of the crowd, but this time I am. This new system is really. . . Really bad.

Edited by Elivil

Headaches: 0 

Nausea: 5

Disorientation: 3

Lower FOV, and what seems like some REALLY jerky camera movement despite steady framerate is throwing me off pretty badly.

1 hour ago, Elivil said:

You were able to do a Aileron roll when you push the A or D key while moving. Now you don't get that. That was one of my favorite parts about the Archwing system and now you can't do rolls anymore.

You have to hold shift and then hit space to activate afterburners for some reason, A-D still spin. 

Edited by StephanosRex

Headache + Nausea > 9000

My suggestion to help remedy the problem would be either to fix the orientation OR provide us with a button function to fix orientation.
I did notice that if you press nothing the orientation slowly fixes itself but I am not interested in waiting 10 seconds after every battle against a single enemy.

Also, What happened to my boosters. I kinda hoped to retain the ability to boost one way quickly and boost another instantly. Now it feels like I am fighting against inertia all the time in space. 
So much for being a space ninja. Lost all my versatility.