Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scorches have broken range [DE reply in thread]

NyxSilence

I don't know if it's only on Orokin Derelict missions, but Scorches are hitting basically entire rooms and through walls, and such. I'm getting set on fire and nearly killed before I can even find the offending Scorch to kill him. I haven't noticed the same behaviour on other maps, but it's definitely happening in Orokin Derelict missions.

18 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! NovusNova merged all related threads here. 

We're aware of the issue with Scorches and will be working on it soon :) 

hope that involves removing their punch through..........

Edited by Aquasurge

On 23.4.2016 at 0:44 PM, XenoFant said:

So I was doing some Vault runs, or at least tried to.

Suddenly, while chilling around, I received damage, though no one was around and I started burning out of nowhere.

I looked for an enemy and found a Scorch in the next room firing like a maniac in all directions.

He damaged me literally through the walls, in another room, and did full damage.

The following picture shows the moment I started burning and the second one the Scorch firing at me.

If you look closely, I lost around 400 Health with Inaros' full Scarab Swarm (and the has about 340 armor without it). So the Scorch did around 400 damage within a few seconds, and that's BS!

http://imgur.com/h3IWBEA

http://imgur.com/wTTAskS

Quite frankly, Inaros Armor isnt THAT strong, so that does not suprise me. Although it still is a lot of damage, that is just how Scorches are currently. they are super broken, and even kill my 10.000 Armor Chroma and my 29k Ferrit Armor Rhino in no time.

Noticing that it happens exclusively to player 1, the server/host of the instance.

So that at least narrows the cause of this issue down a bit - as clients (players 2 and up) don't seem to be affected by this issue. Not to my knowledge anyway, I've never known Scorches to be this brutal when I've done public games.

Edited by -Jes-

• 1 month later...
On 04.08.2016 at 6:02 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! NovusNova merged all related threads here. 

We're aware of the issue with Scorches and will be working on it soon :) 

Fixed Grineer Napalm and Scorch’s targeting/shooting you through walls.

Today I was doing some Derelict missions aaaaand... they're not fixed at all. They are acting exactly like they did before.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to be an &#!, but it's been 4 months since DE officially acknowledged this and nothing has happened. I would gladly have waited for TWW to be delayed another week or two if they could have fixed this, and sapping ospreys being ... well... completely broken mobile tactical nuke launchers that explode a bunch of times. And nullifiers breaking frost's snowglobe instantly, but I digress.

• 2 months later...