Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mysterious Transmission in Codex

Brachion

Just now, bad4youLT said:

mind blow , this this tells us alot  spoiler alert >>>>>> what if orokin are still alive ?

Also what if Ordis is an infested and what if that figure is ordis's true body held behind that infested door in the ship. In the i,age the figure isn't facing you when the dialogue happens he is wearing a cape and he is bound by bonds(look at his hands).

6 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

mind blow , this this tells us alot  spoiler alert >>>>>> what if orokin are still alive ?

Also what if Ordis is an infested and what if that figure is ordis's true body held behind that infested door in the ship. In the i,age the figure isn't facing you when the dialogue happens he is wearing a cape and he is bound by bonds(look at his hands).

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

They are... The Corpus as we now them now were Orokin citizens, second-class citizens to be sure but still Orokin.

Looking through the Sanctuary entries, we learned that the term 'Corpus' was used in lieu of other words we might use like 'clan' or 'caste.'

They had professions like merchants, scientists, healers, etc. While the Orokin we tend to think of were the highest caste in the empire; bureaucrats and aristocracy combined is a likely way of looking at it. The now extinct Orokin were divided into other groups, other Corpus; but now that term is used to refer to an entire people or faction rather than a more intimate, familial group of individuals.

After reading the following messages:

"My search began as the essential question: What am I? Bones of steel and space, lungs that make air. If I am a machine, how can I think? This would be forbidden by the Orokin, a manifestation of their true enemy." - Wildlife entry

And

"The song ends and so he says, "Rise, Ordan Karris". I have never seen an Orokin, close and in the flesh. My battered face flushes at their peerless beauty. How can he be so perfect? A deception? A sense manipulation? He holds the Red Vial in his hand. Impossible."Ceres entry

My theory is: 

Ordan Karris was once some kind of sentient warframe who did something bad (tried to kill orokin?) what led the orokin to fear this kind of "alive" machines and their capabilities (the fear might have been there even before) making them turn said machines into nothing but artificial intelligence without a body, rendering them able to know and even feel lots of things but being unable to react in consequence to keep them at bay just because of Ordis' mistake

Dunno, just a random thought. gonna keep digging the entries until finding the truth

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Autoformat gone wild

5 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

After reading:

Hide contents

"My search began as the essential question: What am I? Bones of steel and space, lungs that make air. If I am a machine, how can I think? This would be forbidden by the Orokin, a manifestation of their true enemy." - wildlife entry

And

"The song ends and so he says, "Rise, Ordan Karris". I have never seen an Orokin, close and in the flesh. My battered face flushes at their peerless beauty. How can he be so perfect? A deception? A sense manipulation? He holds the Red Vial in his hand. Impossible."Ceres entry

My theory is 

Hide contents

Ordan Karris was once a sentient warframe, who did something bad (tried to kill orokin?) And led them to fear this kind of "alive" machines, making them turn said machines into nothing but artificial intelligence without a body, rendering them able to know and even feel lots of things but being unable to react in consequence to keep them at bay

Dunno, just a random thought. 

I have the feeling it something along those lines but Ordis was once an organic lifeform i.e. a person who was turn in to data by some special process.

15 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

THEORIES

Probably not, though, because of a couple of details:

- The bone plugs, short fuse, etc, thing. You get what that means, right? You can visualise exactly what that is and what it does, right?

Ordan Karris talks about having spurs of bone removed from his/her thighs and cultured, made into great big spikes which are then installed into his/her skull, installed right into vital blood vessels. There as a kind of auto-seppuku mechanism. When the warrior chooses to die in a wash of glory, rip the plugs free and begin to bleed out, while you have just instantly armed yourself with a pair of final daggers, made of your own bone.

It's unspeakably metal......and also speaks undeniably of someone whose physiology is much more human than Warframe. Ordan Karris may have been some kind of sapient Warframe, but if so, he/she/they were far, far more biological, squishy, far closer to being human than any Warframe ever made. At that point, it is simpler and makes more sense to just assume that for given values of 'human' Karris was a human.

Also! Hey guise. Youse guise. Check out the new stance. It's a Dual Dagger stance called Spinning Needle.

Edited by BornWithTeeth
I just....I just love ruining other people's fun by pointing out minor details. I am a jerk, armed with logic.

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Probably not, though, because of a couple of details:

- The bone plugs, short fuse, etc, thing. You get what that means, right? You can visualise exactly what that is and what it does, right?

Reveal hidden contents

Ordan Karris talks about having spurs of bone removed from his/her thighs and cultured, made into great big spikes which are then installed into his/her skull, installed right into vital blood vessels. There as a kind of auto-seppuku mechanism. When the warrior chooses to die in a wash of glory, rip the plugs free and begin to bleed out, while you have just instantly armed yourself with a pair of final daggers, made of your own bone.

It's unspeakably metal......and also speaks undeniably of someone whose physiology is much more human than Warframe. Ordan Karris may have been some kind of sapient Warframe, but if so, he/she/they were far, far more biological, squishy, far closer to being human than any Warframe ever made. At that point, it is simpler and makes more sense to just assume that for given values of 'human' Karris was a human.

I give you that point, after all, the wildlife entry shows ordis and not the hooded guy.

Spoiler

I still thinking was some kind of warrior before being turned into a cephalon because of whatever he did
So yes, I guess ordis really did "those things" he usually talks in the ship

Edited by -----LegioN-----

I want to say this guy is either a zephyr, or a archwing fanboy.

I am not sure about much else.

But then again it could be another "Perspective change"

So, the possiblties are endless, when you try to alter the meaning of what he's saying.

Edited by Magnulast
Adding clarification.

5 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

I want to say this guy is either a zephyr, or a archwing fanboy.

I am not sure about much else.

But then again it could be another "Perspective change"

So, the possiblties are endless, when you try to alter the meaning of what he's saying.

Do you mean the 'red wings' bit? Because that's not actually about real, physical, flappy wings.

The dude just pulled his/her own implanted suicide plugs out of his/her skull, to use as emergency hold out daggers, planning to die in a blaze of glory. Karris charged across the room, leaving a spray of his/her blood behind, red wings.

This just made me realize. All these slaves the Orokin had, they were all implanted with some form of kill-switch. 

The Grineer? Planned obsolescence, without Orokin assistance, the Grinic  cloning formula eventually develops mutagenic abnormalities. The Sentients? Make Void travel toxic to their replication abilities so that punch drive travel is tantamount to fertility sucide. The Beast of Bones? The Vein Daggers. The only creation of theirs that lacked anything was their last ditch effort, the Tenno, and they paid for it. [/spoilers]

19 minutes ago, Unus said:

This just made me realize. All these slaves the Orokin had, they were all implanted with some form of kill-switch. 

Hide contents

The Grineer? Planned obsolescence, without Orokin assistance, the Grinic  cloning formula eventually develops mutagenic abnormalities. The Sentients? Make Void travel toxic to their replication abilities so that punch drive travel is tantamount to fertility sucide. The Beast of Bones? The Vein Daggers. The only creation of theirs that lacked anything was their last ditch effort, the Tenno, and they paid for it. [/spoilers]

The bone-plugs were Ordan Karris' own creation, not a killswitch installed by the Orokin. See this line:

Spoiler

"They called us mercenaries... but for us, profit was a consequence, not a goal. We were warriors above all else. It was the bond, the sisters and brothers, the rituals we valued most. It was belonging. And so I conceived the bone-plugs."

"Only my best were so honored: Two jagged bones, harvested from your thigh, cultivated and then driven into the base of the skull, twisted around the superior vein. Future thoughts of surrender were lost. Instead, you would liberate your bone-plugs... fighting with claws in the warmth of your last blood."

It would make for one impractical kill-switch anyway since using it required you to physically rip them off.

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

Fair point, although, I do wonder if a significant amount of mental conditioning was used in order to make the Beasts so willing to kill themselves. Something Orokin indirectly they had "built" (doctrine wise I mean, like a cross between Ronin and the Pinkertons) into them to make them wish to belong so badly that they would die for the cause.

A Cephalon is an artificial intelligence construct, a synthetic life form projected with light and logic, yet capable of assuming a human quality resembling a concrete personality. Cephalons at their core are dedicated to completing their task, whether they were assigned to or if they exist for that sole purpose. Some have a defined purpose, while many others have intentions that are less clear.

Cephalons come in all shapes and sizes, but are not absolute. They possess no physical forms of their own but instead generate a visual interpretation of themselves for the purpose of dealing with organic lifeforms, only if the task requires a physical representation in the first place. This form is entirely of the Cephalon's choosing and supposedly stems from something that "inspires" them - such as the effective simplicity of geometric shapes. It is known that they have existed since the time of the Orokin Empire, and also that the Corpus use them to self-regulate their ships. It is also implied by Darvo that Cephalons are also purchased as a commodity and may be installed or even override any system that requires regulations, with or without an existing Cephalon.

LORE
With their origins presumably in the Orokin Era, as denoted by the Lotus in Vor's Prize, there appears to have been multiple series of Cephalons over the years. The numbers are unknown but a "series two" Cephalon (such as Ordis) is considered "antique" according to Cephalon Simaris. If there are any functionality differences between Cephalon series they are currently unknown.

Lotus is known to employ Cephalons to help her organize data obtained by Tenno during their various missions, and Cephalon Simaris's interest in recruiting Ordis for his Sanctuary (as well as the other Cephalons present in his Relay room) implies he does something similar.

Cracked Cephalons
Ordis have been referred to as a "Cracked Cephalon", and in Ordis' 3D icon a crack is visible running down his "body". What characterizes a cracked Cephalon is currently unknown, as Cephalons that appear themselves to be completely undamaged (Simaris and Suda) demonstrate personalities of their own. Ordis also manifests vocal and personality glitches reminiscent of a multi-personal disorder.

However, as the Cephalons possess no physical forms of their own and the fact that they are entirely free to choose their own holographic representation, Ordis' cracked visual representation could actually serve as an acknowledgement or indicator to his fractured mind and not a visible damage to his form. The same could be said for Cephalon Jordas' icon, which is textured in a way that resembles Infested overgrowth

Wiki description of cephalon's

Edited by (XB1)The SYKOTIK

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:45 AM, Brachion said:

While viewing my collected fragments in the Codex, I got a strange transmission. Although the caption said it was Ordis talking, it didn't sound like Ordis, and the figure in the portrait certainly wasn't a Cephalon. They were in silhouette, so their appearance wasn't clear, but they appeared to be wearing a hood and a mask with multiple glowing "eyes", as well as some kind of weapon on their back. I didn't get any screenshots ('cuz I'm an idiot), but they mentioned that "now the Dax know," as well as talking about "taking off, red ribbons trailing" behind them, and holding "bone plugs." The transmission ended with them saying "soon, the dream shall end."
 Has anyone else encountered this?

EDIT: Added screenshots!

Please add spoiler tags.

On 7/9/2016 at 7:35 PM, Unus said:

Hide contents

And the infested? 

Weren't they another orokin weapon against the sentients?

As far as I can tell, the Infested

Were simply a leftover threat from the immemorial times of Earth-based civilization which the Orokin repurposed in a lab as a possible Panacea for their Sentient conundrum. It wasn't their creation as much as it was an animal rereleased into the environment to lay waste

Edited by Unus