Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you actually beat teh gift of the lotus quest ?

Sonicbullitt

Question

*Enemies are invincible

*finishers do not work

*shield polarize doesn't work

*life support runs out 30-20 seconds just before the timer ends

I have tried everything and at the this point I am drawing a blank, right now the only chance of completing this mission is if you have good rng and get a life support kit from a ;locker.

You guys have any advice ? I personally think this was one of De's worst ideas yet and feels like a bad april fools joke.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Finishers don't work? Are you using covert lethality on your dagger? Finishers work fine for me.

Try Ivara with prowl for life support. Plus she can make them sleep then you can activate finisher with cl dagger. Note that you can only activate finishers on MOA's from behind.

Edited by Caseph

Bust every container you find. If you're lucky, you'll find enough life support powerups to offset the deficiency you'll otherwise inevitably have near the end, and it should be just enough for you to quickly get to extraction once time is up.

Loot rooms in particular give a lot.

Edited by Kappatalist

3 minutes ago, Caseph said:

Finishers don't work? Are you using covert lethality on your dagger? Finishers work fine for me.

Try Ivara with prowl for life support. Plus she can make them sleep then you can activate finisher with cl dagger. Note that you can only activate finishers on MOA's from behind.

I was using excals blind , with the dragon nikana

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Did it solo with time to spare, Ivara with duration & some power strength, a dagger with covert lethality.  Prowl pickpocket then stealth kill with sleep arrow.

When/if they stop spawning, bust some barrels, and ride the life support till exit.

36 minutes ago, Caseph said:

Try a dagger with Covert Lethality. I know someone that did it with just Excalibur and Sheev + Covert Lethality.

This worked, I could kill enemies with excals blind and covert lethality + dark dagger now,  my next problem I ran into though was enemies stopped spawning. I finally managed to complete it luckily cause new loka spawned their ancients for me. This was not fun or challenging in any shape or form , it's a stupid event that is merely based on RNG , and is a showcase of the game's current cookie cutter meta. This is supposed to be a reward , not a showcase of who has better rng. completing this event does not make you pro or skilled nor is it challenging. 

Edited by Sonicbullitt

8 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

FYI, enemy will dissappear after a certain amount of time.so your best chances of surviving this lies in container and locker

I dont think its per time, im pretty sure its just a finite amount of enemies because i killed all of them at around 2 minutes with an inaros and a trin and none spawned for 8 more minutes..

Also trin's EV does %damage so thats real g on that mission if you dont have covert lethatlity or a dagger or both.

Edited by LordArcanite

2 minutes ago, LordArcanite said:

I dont think its per time, im pretty sure its just a finite amount of enemies because i killed all of them at around 2 minutes with an inaros and a trin and none spawned for 8 more minutes..

Also trin's EV does %damage so thats real g on that mission if you dont have covert lethatlity or a dagger or both.

it's dumb as S#&$ that there are only a limited amount of enemies , you could be totally unlucky and not a single one can drop a life support pack, it's dumb.

Just now, Sonicbullitt said:

it's dumb as S#&$ that there are only a limited amount of enemies , you could be totally unlucky and not a single one can drop a life support pack, it's dumb.

I cant say for certain but i dont think any of them did on my mission. then again it was the 10m one

Ivara, range/duration build, covert lethality dagger. Any other frame with abilities that "open for finishers" should work too. But covert lethality is a must. 

Oh, and it seems enemies are not only finite, they don't deal any damage to you, too - I accidentally went out of invisibility near a turret, it started shooting at me, but dealt no damage. 

Ivara is the best choice.

Use Prowl + Cloak Arrows to stay invisible forever (Cloak arrow to regen energy) 

Abuse Sleep Arrows + Covert Lethality to actually kill things

Try get a few life support pickpockets as well for a bit more safety

Its actually pretty easy.

I ran a pub with an Equinox CL setup and just had the rest of my team grab the life support spawns while I soloed all the non-osprey enemies w/ Rest. Had 100% of the damage and we finished with a few % left and made it to the exit with plenty of time to spare.

You only need one person that can kill the enemies.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigjoe1627joseph said:

Also if you don't move Life support will drain less.

Pls. Stahp.

18 minutes ago, LordArcanite said:

I cant say for certain but i dont think any of them did on my mission. then again it was the 10m one

I have run it multiple times , there are the only set few in the beginning after you start the mission , once you kill them there are no more, I have run around the whole map and not a single enemy besides turrets after the first few. So if you do not get a life support pack from those few enemies you are sh it outta luck , might as well abort. 

Edited by Sonicbullitt

1 minute ago, RealPandemonium said:

I forgot about CL abuse, so Instead I ran with Toxin Chroma's Elemental Ward and a Rhino/Nova to speed up killspeed.  Those 4 million+ damage ticks were quite amusing.

sadly CL is must if you play solo, like I did

1 minute ago, RealPandemonium said:

You could still solo with Toxin Chroma, but killspeed would be cut by 75% or so.

pretty much , time is of the essence here though so you don't exactly have time to just wait around for like 1 enemy to die. My point still stands.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Covert Lethality is the only 'practical' way.

you can, however, get away with some other things you wouldn't normally be able to, due to being literally invulnerable. as many Game Mechanics (and therefore Mods) are therefore completely irrelevant.