Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to remove junction missions requirements

GaxxD

1 minute ago, GaxxD said:

Yeah, seeing as this is something that affected me, I was looking if the cooldown is something that can be bypassed, especially since it wasn't my fault. And I've also been asking around about support, and apparently DE takes their sweet time to respond, so if I were to wait a few days for a reply that wouldn't be of any value past today, I decided to give it a rest. Simple as that.

taking their sweet time you say? considering your issue isnt rly that big of an issue, and that they're working diligently to fix bugs and smooth out the new systems. dont act entitled, and please think things through a bit more

That invasion mission you say you cant pass is actually any invasion that is Corpus Vs Grineer. If you have been doing infestation invasions well they don't count.

As for your petition for removing things you do not have my support.

Edited by Otis.Driftwood

38 minutes ago, Taiyetos said:

To be fair the veterans of this game are very accepting of DE's faults. Not saying I'm going to stop playing, but updates like these do have a negative effect on the new players.

GaxxD, sorry to say but nothing like what you are suggesting will happen. In the next week most of these issues should be resolved. Sadly they will also be forgotten. 

Well that's cause they never fail to deliver in the end.

And we're a little more used to the waiting part......I just wish I could watch them work and watch the progress happen. o -o

2 minutes ago, Otis.Driftwood said:

That invasion mission you say you cant pass is actually any invasion that is Corpus Vs Grineer. If you have been doing infestation invasions well they don't count.

I passed it yesterday and also unlocked Ceres junction. My brother can't unlock either. Also seeing as there's no Grineer vs Corpus invasion going on, it's just a bad design, which is something I mentioned in my OP. That's all there is to it.

57 minutes ago, GaxxD said:

Yup, cliche and basically any bigger company ignores their customers complaints nowadays, but it doesn't mean we should not point that out.

This game revolves around more user-created content than you think, and I'm not solely talking about the TennoGen cosmetics. Our feedback has been and is taken in account for many situations. Seeing as you are a new player, you should give them the benefit of the doubt. Not every "bigger" company ignores customers, that's just a very stereotypical and biased comment.

Edited by JRMC

4 minutes ago, TheHun7er said:

Remove? No. Fix, yes. Junctions is a good idea, it just needs to be fixed properly. 

Obviously. I like the game design in general, and I enjoy playing the game. I like the junction system and the fact, that you need to get better equipment and actually get better at the game to get past some bosses. But as it is now, this junction system should not see the light of the day.

You cant just breeze through game content.

Waiting is just part of the game.

Is there some reason you cant wait?

Surely you have unlocked enough content to start to farm for mods needed to progess to the higher levels.

Jumping into higher level content without decent mods will only make you come back here and start another thread about being too hard and start this whole dev bashing all over again.

10 minutes ago, JRMC said:

This game revolves around more user-created content than you think, and I'm not solely talking about the TennoGen cosmetics. Our feedback has been and is taken in account for many situations. Seeing as you are a new player, you should give them the benefit of the doubt. Not every "bigger" company ignores customers, that's just a very stereotypical and biased comment.

My "biases" come from my own experience. I've dealt with many big companies in the past and there's literally one, that left a positive impression. I admitted, that I don't posses enough knowledge to judge DE, and if anyone thought that I was judging them in this topic - this was not my intention and I apologize. Once again - the point of this topic was to raise awareness, that a content, that prevents mainly new players from enjoying a game, shouldn't be released. It's not that the features implemented are bad (on the contrary) - they're not tested properly.

And while this topic may not make DE turn off bugged content until it's fixed, there's hope, that it won't happen again in the future (that's assuming someone from the dev team actually reads it).

Edited by GaxxD

Issue for me is not just the bugs, I think junction requirements should be more flexible

I like that the game has a variety of mission types for players to choose from, but everyone is different and enjoys different mission types. Some people loath, while others hate the archwing missions. Similarly for Spy. So I would like to see the conditions for junction unlocks to be more flexible: add more types and only require a certain percentage be completed to unlock the junction (say four out of six).

Edited by JohnnyQuantum

6 minutes ago, GaxxD said:

My "biases" come from my own experience. I've dealt with many big companies in the past and there's literally one, that left a positive impression. I admitted, that I don't posses enough knowledge to judge DE, and if anyone thought that I was judging them in this topic - this was not my intention and I apologize. Once again - the point of this topic was to raise awareness, that a content, that prevents mainly new players from enjoying a game, shouldn't be released. It's not that the features implemented are bad (on the contrary) - they're not tested properly.

And while this topic may not make DE turn off bugged content until it's fixed, there's hope, that it won't happen again in the future (that's assuming someone from the dev team actually reads it).

Have you watched a Developer Livestream - "Devstream?"

I have never seen a company so dedicated to creating a good product. I'd highly recommend watching them and see their side of the issue. DE has no publisher; no one is pulling the strings. They can say whatever they want, and every time it is something positive.

Bugs are a thing that will appear after any update finding the bugs and reporting them is OUR job so that the game can run smoothly as intended its all a waiting game.

This stuff will get smoothed out it always does.

Since you've only been playing a few days I understand you don't realise this but given time you will come to respect all the hard work and extended shift hours DE actually puts into this game to make us happy.

In the end its DE's game not ours despite how much money for platinum we pump into it and the end say is theirs.

Just now, JohnnyQuantum said:

Issue for me is not just the bugs, I think junction requirements should be more flexible

I like that the game has a variety of mission types for players to choose from, but everyone is different and enjoys different mission types. Some people loath, while others hate the archwing missions. Similarly for Spy. So I would like to see the conditions for junction unlocks to be more flexible: add more type and only require a certain percentage be completed to unlock the junction (say four out of six).

I would like Junction requirements to be quest-based - as in, you have to complete a certain extent of the story to proceed. Moreso than the quest objectives there now.

1 minute ago, GaxxD said:

In my opinion, I feel like they were rushed by the community. We were six months without a major update and we usually only wait two. This delay was enormous, relative to the smaller delays we have experienced in the past and the developers felt this. The community outcry was heard and they released it ahead of time, thinking that it would be decent enough. There were a lot of flaws, thanks to the early release.

What many people fail to realize is that, apart from the developers having their own quality assurance team, we are the main testers of their product. Steve said it himself: his team wasn't at fault but it was the large chunk of content and the insufficient amount of time that they had to go through. They worked on it tirelessly but were ultimately rushed given the community demands and complaints.

They thought they were doing well by listening to us but did not see the calamitous outcome that it would eventually lead to. Like I said, however, we are the main testers and they are already hard at work trying to patch things up, even after working nights and attending TennoCon.

9 minutes ago, Otis.Driftwood said:

You cant just breeze through game content.

Waiting is just part of the game.

Is there some reason you cant wait?

Surely you have unlocked enough content to start to farm for mods needed to progess to the higher levels.

Jumping into higher level content without decent mods will only make you come back here and start another thread about being too hard and start this whole dev bashing all over again.

Alright, first off - don't assume everyone's here to complain about difficulty, farming or whatnot. I played WoW before and in TBC, where for harder raids you needed 3 sets of equipment depending on the boss (and that took A LOT more farming than anything this game can throw at you), and those harder bosses took a lot of coordination if you wanted to actually kill them. I don't mind farming and difficulty, I enjoy them.

Secondly waiting for an item to be crafted so you can progress is mighty different than waiting for fixes to be deployed so you can actually progress in the game. Don't mix these two.

9 minutes ago, GaxxD said:

Here is the latest livestream for you (Before Tennocon, because that has spoilers in it)

like anything new in Warframe, there's many problems.

for the time being, there are ways for you to circumvent the problem as you've pointed out, go with those for now. the problems being outlined here will be dealt with, but disabling them for the time being would mean bugs couldn't be checked for or reports being refined, Et Cetera.

@GaxxD You seem new here, let me give small note how cycle updates goes for PC players only:

1. Mayor update kicks in live
  2. Bugs appear and players trip over & faceplant on said bugs for the first week or two.
  3. Players are encourage to report in the issues in a civil manner to address the bugs.
  4. Forums goes thru some salt, fireworks and feedback posts are made.
  5. Bugs are fixed between span weeks or month depending on priority & severity of the code at hand.
  6. Rinse & Repeat.

Edit: Forgot mention for MR Test, I suggest try Relay and go Simaris room on second floor. There at the right of a hallway are nodes to practice the test before hand w/o failing.

19 minutes ago, GaxxD said:

Just friendly reminder, we as the PC players are meant to test these updates. The exception of this are for Console players who get a very much less buggy update to deal with on launch.

While your concern of new player impression has its merit, I would highly suggest report these bugs or wait for few weeks for said bugs to be fixed.

Also I disagree the notion of petition remove junctions, they seem like really good idea for gating new players a bit till they get their feet wet enough for bigger missions.

Just my 2 cents.

10 minutes ago, JRMC said:

In my opinion, I feel like they were rushed by the community. We were six months without a major update and we usually only wait two. This delay was enormous, relative to the smaller delays we have experienced in the past and the developers felt this. The community outcry was heard and they released it ahead of time, thinking that it would be decent enough. There were a lot of flaws, thanks to the early release.

What many people fail to realize is that, apart from the developers having their own quality assurance team, we are the main testers of their product. Steve said it himself: his team wasn't at fault but it was the large chunk of content and the insufficient amount of time that they had to go through. They worked on it tirelessly but were ultimately rushed given the community demands and complaints.

They thought they were doing well by listening to us but did not see the calamitous outcome that it would eventually lead to. Like I said, however, we are the main testers and they are already hard at work trying to patch things up, even after working nights and attending TennoCon.

To be fair, I notice is a bit of both: community pressure & suit folks that set time frame, the latter being higher chance on pushing "updates" for dat sweet $$$.

At least that's how I perceive it for awhile now.

Edited by Fionntan

1 hour ago, GaxxD said:

Dear Digital Extremes

It's been a couple of days since I've started playing this game. I'm having a blast, I really do. That is, so long as the game is working as intended.

It's quite obvious the junction system hasn't been tested properly. And I'm not talking about the randomness of it (you either have to wait until dynamic missions happen on a planet you have access to, or ask for a taxi - which in itself is a bad design). I'm talking about the fact, that the game doesn't register many of the required missions, for us to be able to fight with the junction boss and open up a path. This just halts the progress and is utterly destroying the fun. Don't even think of hiding behind the "this is beta" excuse. The game is advertising many more planets and missions than many of the new players have access to, because of the bugged junctions. Moreover DE accept money (both me and my brother already bought platinum, and we will probably do it again in the future - so long as the game is playable). Speaking of my brother - he is stuck on Mars, he can't complete the Phobos junction (invasion mission on either grineer or corpus side). Finished it 3 times, game didn't register it once. I took him to Phobos then, so he could unlock Ceres junction (assault on Phobos). Game didn't register that either. From what I see there are many more people with these issues. Instead of giving us "missing sound in a mission" hotfixes, either focus on what's really important (seriously, the junction complaints are flooding the bugs forum), or turn it off entirely until it's been thoroughly tested. I come back home from a day's work, and I want to spend those few hours I have left, playing a game I enjoy. But if the game becomes unplayable I will move onto something else. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who thinks that way. And igoring your customers needs is not how you should be doing business.

They're fixing it dude, it's newly released so numerous bugs are expected. Srsly, no need to make them look bad just because. There is a bug report and feedback.

2 hours ago, GaxxD said:

Seems like you missed the point of this thread entirely. I didn't come here seeking advice on how to bypass the bugs or how I should build my PC. All I did was point out, that the game's features are way too bugged to be made public

Apparently he's right... We all missed the point of this thread entirely... What he's actually asking is for the junction requirements to be removed...
 Which is the point of this thread, I guess...

... GaxxD, to be as bluntly as possible without being rude in the process... Content components will not be removed out of someone else's convenience. Accept it or get lost.

Basically, you can create loads and loads of petitions to remove any content component you don't agree for <colorful reason here>...

There is only one way for a content component to be removed: It has to be so severely broken that fixing it isn't even an option anymore. Some of us have been suggesting alternatives, but you're definitely not keen on trying them out.

Oh, and don't hide behind the fact that both you and your brother have bought platinum, and probably will be again, because that's exactly what most of the community did before, and still does... Its completely and utterly irrelevant. Fixes will arrive when they have to and it doesn't matter if we try to hurry the Devs into fixing stuff more quickly. They also have their bug priority straight because all these hotfixes they've released for U19 are fixing serious bugs, gamebreaking bugs that are doing more damage than "not counting junction requirements properly". In fact, I'm also going to point out that the time you've lost, and are still losing, by opening and continuing this thread for <colorful reason here> you would've completed enough objectives to complete pretty much every Junction if you just run those Solo. Seriously, I haven't missed a single junction requirement and I'm running solo.

Should they be more flexible? Absolutely.

Should they be harder? F*ck yeah, they should. Even them Specters aren't hard enough. Specters in Ceres and Pluto are easily defeated with an unmodded Lato.

Should those requirements be completed solo or in a team? Well, think of it like this... Are they even supposed to be completed in a team? Aren't they like... Personal requirements? I'm not saying that they shouldn't be completed in a team, but aren't those following that "personal requirements" line?

Personal achievements in WoW, for me, is like saying that you managed to ride a bicycle without training wheels... Some of us are old enough to actually have pre-WoW personal achievements that put your personal WoW achievements into a dark corner, right at the edge of the Universe. So, a friendly advice, don't do that again.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
Removed rude remark