Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I do with my platinum?

(PSN)OG_Game_Mentor

Question

I recently started playing Warframe and I admit, it is very fun. So, I bought 350 platinum and I don't know what to do with it. I think I should buy more Warframe and weapon slots because I have 10 Warframe and 10 weapon slots. What else should I buy. Also, if someone wants to help me with Warframe, I am on ps4 and my name is OG Game Mentor

21 answers to this question

Warframe/Weapon/Sentinel/Kubrow/Archwing slots and Orokin Catalysts/Reactors (If you don't want to wait for the occasional alert).

You could also buy a color palette or a syandana if that sort of thing interests you.

For the most part though slots and catalysts/reactors are going to get you the furthest in terms of gameplay.

• Even more Warframe/Weapon slots.
  • Potatoes. Formas are farmable
  • Color pallete and other cosmetics
  • Xiphos,or other things which take too long to farm (or farming is not fun for you)
  • Warframes which are hard to farm. Vauban, Ivara, Netza maybe Equinox.
Edited by felixsylvaris

11 minutes ago, Doopliss. said:

Warframe/Weapon/Sentinel/Kubrow/Archwing slots and Orokin Catalysts/Reactors (If you don't want to wait for the occasional alert).

You could also buy a color palette or a syandana if that sort of thing interests you.

For the most part though slots and catalysts/reactors are going to get you the furthest in terms of gameplay.

Which Warframe should I get? I'm thinking of getting frost p, rhino p, trinity p or Loki p.

13 minutes ago, Doopliss. said:

What can I do with orokin reactors and catalysts?

Catalysts and Reactors double the mod capacity on weapons and warframes, respectively.

As others have said, don't rush into buying stuff that is relatively easy to obtain in the game. At least in my opinion, frames are part of that.

The very best use of your platinum is increasing your inventory for holding weapons and warframes, there is no way in the game to do that beyond spending platinum. In the long run that WILL be the purchase you won't regret.

Slots for more frames and weapons, a color palette bundle if you want more color options.

Cosmetics like syandanas, capes, and armor sets are also good choices since options are limited for obtaining these in-game.

Everything else can be earned by simply playing the game; try not to waste plat on frames, weapons, archwing stuff, or companion stuff.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)OG_Game_Mentor said:

Which Warframe should I get? I'm thinking of getting frost p, rhino p, trinity p or Loki p.

I don't know what your playstyle is but if I were given the choice of those 4 I'd go Loki or Trin depending on if you like to support by healing/providing energy or by debuffing/distracting the enemy. Loki, Rhino, and Frost are currently vaulted though, so you may have to suffice with the non-primes unless you want to fork over a ton of plat.

Edited by Doopliss.

22 minutes ago, Doopliss. said:

I don't know what your playstyle is but if I were given the choice of those 4 I'd go Loki or Trin depending on if you like to support by healing/providing energy or by debuffing/distracting the enemy. Loki is currently vaulted though, and frost will be leaving the rotation again in 11 days afaik. So you might want to grab frost just to have him.

Just a quick correction--Frost Prime, Rhino Prime and Loki Prime are all currently vaulted (their parts do not currently drop in-game)--I think what Doopliss was meaning was that Mag Prime will be leaving the rotation soon (on July 26th), not Frost Prime. 

In any case, though, at this early a point in your Warframe journey, I wouldn't sweat getting the prime version of frames (unless they're handed to you on a silver platter) over their regular counterparts.  The prime versions of Frost, Rhino, Trinity and Loki are not that much of an upgrade over the regular versions, and the regular versions of all 4 of those are much more easily obtained (especially Rhino, since his parts come from the boss on Venus). 

I'll also add that when first started, I personally found Rhino to be one of my favorite frames for a long time.  He is very durable, and his various powers are useful across a wide spectrum of situations--providing damage, personal survivability, and crowd control.  I definitely found the early game a lot easier with Rhino, back when I didn't have that many mods and weapons at my disposal.

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre

59 minutes ago, (PS4)OG_Game_Mentor said:

FYI Frost Prime Loki Prime and Rhino Prime are vaulted currently so their trade prices are going to be very very high (like all of your platinum if you get a good price kinda high). Also I wouldn't recommend outright buying any warframe or weapon with your platinum. You can just build/farm most of them instead of buying it and save your platinum for slots and cosmetics. If you want to actually keep the majority of your weapons instead of just a handful and constantly selling to make room for more then you need slots.

Reactors and Catalysts are harder to come by but you're pretty much guaranteed one or the other about every other week on Friday so I don't like buying them with plat.

Edited by AXCrusnik

1 hour ago, (PS4)OG_Game_Mentor said:

I recently started playing Warframe and I admit, it is very fun. So, I bought 350 platinum and I don't know what to do with it. I think I should buy more Warframe and weapon slots because I have 10 Warframe and 10 weapon slots. What else should I buy. Also, if someone wants to help me with Warframe, I am on ps4 and my name is OG Game Mentor

Personal List Of Recommendations (in order of importance, in my opinion)

- Warframe slots

- Weapons slots

- Sentinel slots

- Difficult-to-farm Warframes (Vauban, Ivara, Equinox, Nezha)

- Landing Craft (Xiphos, Mantis, Scimitar), Foundry Upgrade segment

- Reactors/Catalysts/Exilus Adapters

- Kubrow/Kavat Stasis Pods, Incubator Upgrade Segment

- Difficult-to-acquire weapons (generally those that require Argon crystals, Nitain Extract or ridiculous amounts of Oxium/Cryotic)

- Color Palettes/Cosmetics

- Kavat Breeding Upgrade Segment

- Kavat Starter Pack, Kavat Genetic Code Segments

(Despite using them myself, I don't recommend wasting platinum on Archwings or Archwing weapons, as leveling either is difficult at best.)

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

Yeah, gonna go against the grain here, which will matter if you end up playing longer than a couple of months.

DO NOT SPEND YOUR PLATINUM ON ANYTHING EXCEPT EXTRA WARFRAME AND WEAPON SLOTS.

Do not buy resources. Do not buy packs. Do not buy decorations. Do not buy parts or sets from other players.

The economy has changed overnight. A number of things essential to daily play are now restricted. Please control your spending until you better learn the true cost of the game.

Unless your parents are paying. Or you're rich. In those situations, spend on.

14 hours ago, (PS4)OG_Game_Mentor said:

If you only have 350 pl, DON'T spend it on a prime. (out of those, I would get loki P if you really want to. Cool looking and really useful, PLUS, vaulted recently = still somewhat cheap but you won't be able to obtain him for a long, long, long time unless you buy him with plat. Trinity is easily grindable, DON'T buy her.)

But seriously. 350 is very little. Don't spend it - save it. You'll easily spend all of it on warframe and weapon slots (and sentinel, and Kubrow), unless you like to sell all the weapons you don't use - Personally, I like to keep all the weapons and frames I've built (except for stuff I use to build better stuff, or stuff I have an upgrade for (like Nyx I could sell, because I already have Nyx Prime) -

I've played (really actively) for 3 months now, and I've spent maybe 800-1000 pl on warframe, sentinel, weapon and companion slots. (I mean, yeah, I have lots of useless stuff  I could sell, but I kinda don't want to sell something like Ankyros. Who knows when I want to start punching people? Or maybe some new weapon needs it as a component? I know, silly, yes, but...).

EDIT: as a side note, buying an Orokin reactor or an Orokin Catalyst for that special, favorite frame/weapon is something you could also consider, so spending 20 pl on one is Ok... But still, you'll want slots. I would spend at least 150 pl on weapon slots, so that you can have a bit of diversity (Shotgun, launcher, sniper, rifle, bow, some special weapons like ignis, a couple more for variety, a few different pistols like rapid fire, accurate, some special weapons like sonicor, embolist, and a couple more for variety, and various melee weapons ( something quick, something heavy, something with a long range, something special (glaive/Kestrel/redeemer)). Personally, I would keep a few weapons of each different category, so that you can switch between them depending on what you like and what you're doing (Example: Sancti Tigris is nice, but you don't really want to bring that shotgun if you're doing a low level mission. You could bring something like Boar or Strun instead), and a a couple slots reserved for "mastery fodder", something you'll rank up and then sell. On warframes, I'd spend at least 100-140 pl as well to get a variety of different options.  And these would leave just a couple of kubrow/kavat/sentinel slots, so... Yeah. Save that pl for slots.

Edited by Tomppak