Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loosing Intrest

StahlEngel

3 hours ago, SoanoS said:

I feel tired. Warframe, what happened to you? Where did it all go wrong?
I don't think I will be quitting, but I will mostly be on for social interaction, not for the game itself.

I've been playing since 2013 and now I'm MR18 - It really isn't as fun as it use to be and most of the people that I've met, that has played that long, they agree it was more fun back in the days. So I second your statement, "Warframe, what happened to you?"

The game doesn't feel like a game anymore, it feels like going to work. So why do I play? Maybe they will make it fun again and connecting with some friends and family, but we are getting tired of the fun being taken away. After August 9th we will not be much for Warframe unless they make some major improvements. I logged in today with a 75% discount for plat, I wanted to use it, but just can't see doing it right now. I was buying formas and reactors to upgrade weapons but now that Draco is gone - That's just way too much grinding to call it fun. Weapons I wasn't using I started putting formas/reactors and taking them into high level places and getting our but kicked - It was fun for us and it was quick to rank them back up. Now it's game over in that aspect. Where do we go from here? This is the first game that I have played beta and it will be the last one - I've learned my lesson! You have taught me well DE - very cunning but after about $200 of investment and time I've become wiser. Thank you

As of now, the only places I think are worth playing would be ODD, ODS and ODE

T2 Survival for one hour with friends was really really really really fun and you got some rewards along the way - Who ever thought up the idea to change it ---Why? What was your true motive?

The fissure were fun the first 5 times, after that just running around in circles picking up stuff might be good for Viva Pinata but not for Warframe - They don't compare to the old voids. But that is just my opinion. 

Love the map!!!! brings back the old days - what a tease!

5 hours ago, StahlEngel said:

this is not an I quit post, It's more of a question post for long time players.

question 1 : have you been playing warframe less and less after and between updates?

question 2: have you been getting bored of the excessive grind that warframe is becoming lately?

this whole topic is being posted to mainly see how the changes have impacted the veteran players and get a feel for how many veterans are left playing.

In my Steam profile it says that I've played this game for a total of 2064 hours, last week, before the SotR update I played for around 36 hours, this week, after the SotR update, I played for a total of less that 3 hours, I have spent more time in this forums (which I seldom visited before last week) than in the game itself, I think (and this is my (very) personal opinion) this SotR update is an absolute disaster. So, you do the math...

6 hours ago, StahlEngel said:

question 1 : have you been playing warframe less and less after and between updates?

question 2: have you been getting bored of the excessive grind that warframe is becoming lately?

this whole topic is being posted to mainly see how the changes have impacted the veteran players and get a feel for how many veterans are left playing.

Bye bye :)

1) Over the years, I would say say so because there is (for me personally) nothing in the game between each major update that that I want to invest a substantial amount of time into as I simply do not have the time anymore to do so. I have other responsibilities and priorities in life.

2) I have and that is why I found other things in life that ultimately are more rewarding for me in the end.

2 hours ago, onespirit5777 said:

T2 Survival for one hour with friends was really really really really fun and you got some rewards along the way - Who ever thought up the idea to change it ---Why? What was your true motive?

Yeah, that is how I feel too. Now there is no point staying there for anylonger than it takes to close the fissure, 5-10 minutes tops. I literally used to play 40 minute T3's to level my unranked stuff, and to get 2 or more prime parts. Now... "Nope, you get one part and that's it. What, you are still here? Get the f*** out of my Void!". The long endless missions were almost fun, even with the ridiculous RNG because it was also about taking a risk and pushing your limits to see how long you can manage.

7 hours ago, StahlEngel said:

1. Yes and no. It depends on the update and how much time I have. If it's an over all "meh" update, it doesn't really drive me to bother playing the highlighted content. Archwing is a great example of this. Even current content with the new "freedom" of movement effect doesn't really have play value for me largely due to the excessive motion sickness it's inducing.

2. Excessive, yes. Playing less because of it? Not really. In fact, this is shortly to be a moot point for me. I'm short a pouch and blade for Spira P and then I'll have every prime currently available minus three vaulted items. For the record, those are Ankros P, Glave P, and Sicuraus P.

After that, I'll be relic grinding to fill out my relic list and then charging relics for the next set of prime gear.

8 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

soon you'll see posts like  Where are all the players? the nodes are empty.. and questions like  Do you still Warframe?   a moment of silence please..

There are plenty of game released in the market every season, it is bound to happen at some points. It is inevitable. 

1. honestly, yes. but there are multiple factors to this: GTA has had another update, I've been trying to get into Hawken, and my friends aren't on Warframe as much either. in terms of what's putting me off, it's mostly Forma'ing weapons when I'm burned out of Draco but you can't get decent XP anywhere else unless you go full stealth, which I'm no good at and hate doing.

2. I'm fine with resources, and I'll probably get used to the new Void system when it hits, but right now I'm trying to ram as many Orokin Jigsaw pieces into all my guns and blades as possible, and the grind to re-level weapons outside of Draco is just too much. if Forma'd weapons had a 1.5x affinity boost over un-Forma'd weapons, it would be fine, and it would encourage people to invest in weapons, which some are sceptical of doing due to the fact that better versions of every weapon will come along.

11 hours ago, StahlEngel said:

1 - Yes. Mostly because:

2 - The grind is getting beyond absurd.

Every 'grind reducing' measure increases the grind.

Every 'diversifying' measure, makes the game less diverse.

We now have things that take a minimum of 30-40+ hours of game time to get, and RNG can make that far worse.

New items need huge amounts of Cryotic, Oxium and Nitain. These are resource that are either a set income rate, hard to get or alert locked.

We've lost XP that needs to be regained by going through the solar map again - even though we were told this wouldn't happen.

Frames that have been reworked, on the promise of improvement, have generally been nerfed, meaning peoples favourites or mains have become harder to use, making things take longer to do, meaning everything takes longer.

Prime farm is now 1 mission only - it can be framed by other random missions, but it's always the same end goal, the same mission, and only ever 1 result for 4 Relics, instead of 1 key.

This is from 4 keys getting you a minimum of 16 items. The conversion also got us less Relics than we had keys (significnatly less), further invalidating time spent in the game getting keys previously - and we were told to save our keys.

And that's the 'minimum' - Sabotages got you two rolls each, and Survival / Defence / Excavations could get you dozens per key.

So now, 16 Prime parts, will take 64 Relics. Rather than 1-4 Keys.

So farm to get relics = 4x more, actual rate of getting parts = 4 times slower. The grind gets exponentially more.

Kavats, need 10 Genetic Code pieces, and there's a CHANCE of getting it per scan (though we were told a scan = code leading up to it, and that's what was shown in the dev stream / prime time), and even with that chance 'doubled' it's still obnoxiously low - In over an hour, I got 3, and that doesn't seem to be an uncommon practice.

Meaning around 3-4 hours grind to get the 10 code + the 100,000 credits and Argon for the Power Core.

Throw in all these glitches and bugs, making the game either unplayable, slow, or difficult - often needing multiple restarts...

The sheer repetitive tedium of the game to actually achieve ANYTHING with new content is crushing and puts me off.

And any time there's anything fun or challenging - it gets patched out.

Been here since it all began and I'm not going anywhere. I don't moan about "the grind", either, because the game is the grind. What am I supposed to do when I have all the weapons and frames I want, when I've put enough forma on each and everyone of them? Cry about how there's nothing to do? I just play and don't worry about stuff like that.

The one thing that worries me a bit is how DE implement more and more stuff without ever finishing or polishing anything to completion. Archwing has been a thing for a while now, but... yeah. Not really. It's not quite there yet. Heck, some would say it's actually worse now than it was before the new update. Bosses are getting a revamp one at a time, at an incredibly slow pace, until some boss battles get so spectacular and big, that previously overhauled bosses look dull again by comparison and guys like Phorid feel like a complete joke.

The focus system is presented as a "beta feature" and is poorly balanced right now. They talked about removing "mandatory mods" and damage 3.0. And somehow it's starting to look like TWW might bring some sort of "play the operator" mode, which will probably feel as "beta" and unfinished as Archwing and many other newer features. 

I wish they'd actually focus on one thing for a while and fix it "all the way" instead of implementing more and more ideas and concepts, which remain construction sites for years to come. Make all the bosses awesome. Or make Archwing play and feel as great as the rest of the game. Or give each planet individual tilesets. The more new stuff they add, the longer it seems to take to make the existing stuff better.

That's just me, of course, and it looks like many people are happy with the way they're doing things right now. To each their own. With that in mind, I've not had enough of Warframe. I've never spent any large amounts of time on Draco to level up a bunch of stuff I don't really care about for the sake of mastery, so I still have lots to do. I've only just bought the Twin Grakatas, because I had always ignored them for some reason, so now I'm slapping a bunch of forma on them and having fun red-critting stuff all over the place with them, thanks to the new kavats. Grind, schmind, whatever, I'm having fun. And if I stop having fun I'll just do something else until the next update. It's not realistic to expect that a single game is enough to keep me entertained non-stop without the occasional break.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

1. Yes, I just log on for the daily reward ever since the sotr update and don't even bother with sorties anymore.              2. No, I've pretty much beaten the grind in this game, have all the relevant mods maxed and more plat then I know what do with. My issue right now is that there is nothing to grind for as I don't care about the addition of kavats and changes to archwing. Void sabotage, capture and exterminates were my favorite game modes that kept me enthralled in the game as speedrunning them was fun but now they're unrewarding. I only feel sorry for the newer players who have to play with the credits, core, ducat, focus and exp nerf that this recent patch brought.

15 hours ago, StahlEngel said:

Once DE killed Rail Conflicts my Warframe playtime went down and with this latest specters of the fail ¨:update: lol its waffling on yes or no delete despite my maxxed mods, frames and weapons on console.  ( my PC install was deleted after sampling specters of the fail for a few days).

Grind? there is no grind when you have many sets of sellable prime warframes, weapons, maxxed prime mods and more importantly rare arcane sets along with 5146 platinum.

16 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

As far as i'm concerned, i'm quite enjoying playing through the new Star Chart. I put a few Forma on some weapons, and frames, i'd im working my way through the junctions. It's a bonus that i am also following Ordis' cookie crumb trail. 

The lore behind my ships Cephalon seems very intriguing since i got one of the later segments done (by accident) before getting any of the first segments. What was/is Ordis? Only gotten to mercury, but in my head, Ordis is the Stalker xD

This and trying out new Kavat breeding, whether I farm DNA's or buy 'em, since I am very intrigued to try both version myself after seeing the cool perks :3

Also any new like cutscene or item I screenshot it to add into pile of folders of my memory album in derpframe (of my derp adventures and discoveries) ~~

Haven't done too much void fissure, but I might use lots T1s Relics and hoard Traces to upgrade other Relics for future use. 

Other than that I only log in for daily and grind few days to avoid quick burn out; even more so now Starbound biggest update going drop in 22th of this month :v

7 hours ago, Nijyumensou said:

There are plenty of game released in the market every season, it is bound to happen at some points. It is inevitable. 

I'm waiting for 'No Man's Sky' to come out August 9 - $60 - buying one for me and my nephew. I've invested more than that in Warframe but it might just be time to call it quits for a while - Just passed on using a 75% off - can't see any future of that much involvement anymore.

Has Warframe lost it's way - Seems to be heading that way but I still hope for the best. 

Am happy with Void 2.0 I don't like grinding for prime weapons/warframe in the same spot for hours and hours in the same mission types one same damn tileset. The new system isn't perfect but massive improvement in my opinion. So yes I've been playing same amount as usual...

Edited by Ibro156

I went from:

Doing what was fun. 

to... 

Grinding and worrying about what happens next. 

to... 

Taking a break and coming back to do what was just fun.

The drop rates in this game have proven to be a trap time and again and I no longer try to beat them. 

The difference for me is that I have a "game home" again and Warframe isn't serving as a surrogate for one any longer.

Warframe is a good game, but it doesn't have the wealth and diversity of content needed to be a "game home" for me.

In hindsight, treating Warframe as a "main game or game home" was the equivalent of trying to make a motorcycle act in place of the family car and getting mad when it can't do the job. 

Ive been playing since the beginning and after i got all the stuff i wanted and leveld it up i stopped playing as much as i did since theres not heeps to do that keeps my interest (mostly void for gear but thats gone now). I usually come back for a while with each big update to check whats new but they dont add alot with each major update, i hope the new major updates bring more of what the second dream did, i think that kind of content will make this game better. Also i know people say the game is the grind but it doesnt have to be, i feel by saying that your limiting the games potential. 

18 hours ago, StahlEngel said:

Here's what I always tell people who are burning out: Any healthy Warframe vet should take breaks from the game. Take a break. Come back in a few months, or whenever you feel like blowing off steam. Simply put: Don't play so much that you start disliking the game. I have really nothing left to do myself, but I still enjoy getting on and doing a 30 minute survival or something just to blow off steam. I, myself, have taken a couple of 3-4 month breaks when I started burning out. Just give it some time and play other games for a bit.

1: Not really. My schedule is to almost exclusively play Warframe after a major update, and just get on every couple of nights for survivals or defenses to blow off steam in the down time. It's been that way for me since like U17. 

2. Not really. I believe it's because I don't make a chore of the game. Don't go in and try to grind for hours every night. 

Edited by CoRRh

1 hour ago, Fionntan said:

This and trying out new Kavat breeding, whether I farm DNA's or buy 'em, since I am very intrigued to try both version myself after seeing the cool perks :3

Also any new like cutscene or item I screenshot it to add into pile of folders of my memory album in derpframe (of my derp adventures and discoveries) ~~

Haven't done too much void fissure, but I might use lots T1s Relics and hoard Traces to upgrade other Relics for future use. 

Other than that I only log in for daily and grind few days to avoid quick burn out; even more so now Starbound biggest update going drop in 22th of this month :v

Kavat breeding is incredibly grindy, or very expensive.

Needing 10 Genetic Codes per Kavat, those codes being a random chance on a scan of a Kavat, and it taking 3-4+ hours time to RNG those 10 up OR 50plat. + the standard power core.

There's also minimum if any rarity / value to them - pretty much every variation (no really rare anything, 2 types, 4-6ish heads, 4-6ish tails) was found within 2-3 days, and the value of Kubrows started dropping, to the point my partner, the insane Breeder who's literally wrote the guide to Kubrow breeding and spearheaded the Kavat breeding movement and wrote the guide to that too, has decided it's not really worth it, as what people are willing to buy them for, doesn't even cover the time/cost of making them, so she's gone back to Kubrows. (Or would have if the whole system isn't glitched and broken.)

Kubrows on the other hand, take 3-10 runs on earth to get an Egg (or 10 plat), have 5 types, numerous patterns (including common and rare ones(, different sizes, rare colours, and lots of varierty overall.

Even dirt cheap ones at least cover the 20-30 plat it takes to make them.

1 hour ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

You know  that there is Lunaro Gamemode  , which was made specifically made for when players get bored , but you might not like that , it's your preference and your choice 

Each time I've tried Lunaro it's been either glitchy, broken, or no one was really playing it.

I'd play more Conclave, but it's commonly much the same thing.

I'd do more Archwing - but it's the same sort of thing.

18 hours ago, StahlEngel said:

1) Yes. I took several breaks over the past 3 years and don't play all that actively anymore.

2) Yes.