Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Needing a Warframe to begin the farm

Grifften

Question

Hey all, I've been playing Warframe for quite some time on and off, but never really got to endgame. I would always play for awhile, take a break for afew months, come back and be somewhat lost with all the new features, and just when I've caught on again I'd repeat the cycle. Well I'm now back and have been back longer than I have been before and really want to dive into the late game, get into a clan, and do some of the higher end missions and farming.

I've always loved Loki and Ash and the last time I came back(afew months ago) I was obsessed with getting Loki Prime. I got most of the pieces and bought the last one with Plat and was overjoyed when I made him. I told myself "With Loki P I'll be great at farming!" because I've seen so many videos of him doing well and me just loving the stealthy frames. Well, now that I'm back again and trying I've realized I need so many rare mods to make him work well that it might take awhile before I'm self-sufficient with him.

So, that being said, I'd love to use Loki(also working on Ash P lol), but for now I am looking for something that doesn't have as steep of an investment cost. I have Excalibur, Rhino, Frost, Ash, Oberon(hate his playstyle), Valkyr, and Vauban. My "best" weapons were, at the time, pretty good, I'm mostly using a Soma main(just got Dread though, may level it up and switch), Marelok, and a Dragon Nikana(also just got Broken War). Any particular frames, builds, or loadouts you guys would suggest for breaking into the farming game?

Edited by Grifften

18 answers to this question

You want to farm without a Nekros? THIS IS A HERESY TO RNGESUS!                                  /jk

But you should really get a Nekros since he's essentially a core member when you need to farm resources.

Other than that, I'd suggest getting a Latron Wraith (decent all rounder) from the next sortie season.

For your secondary, I'd suggest getting an Ak- weapons (not AK47, blyat) like Akmagnus, Akvasto, or Aklex. Prime pistols like Vasto and Lex Prime are good too (except the embarrassment that is Sicarus Prime).

As for melee, a Nikana Prime or Destreza should suffice. You might want to try Mios or Lacera too.

there's only a couple Warframes that are really related to 'farming'. all of the others have their Tools and use them or use something else.

how much 'investment cost' a Warframe has is totally up to how much investment the way you want to play a Warframe is. any Warframe could have an incredibly high investment cost if the way you want to play it simply has a high cost in Fusion/Forma or w/e.

it realy depends what u want to farm

for resources id recommend hydroid with pilfering swarm
he dosnt need any crazy mods to be good (exept pilfering swarm augment)

for weapon and frame parts your frost should do the trick most of the time since he fits in nearly every team

a loadout that i rly enjoy includes the vaykor marelok and the lesion
both shouldnt be tooo hard to obtain

Yeah if it's farming you're after Nekros would be a good choice. They are coming out with nekros prime soon though.

Ivara also has her uses with farming occasionally (prowl, also amazing spy frame) and besides that she's my favorite frame so I'm definitely not biased.

Nova is a great late game frame, excellent cc, and also some people ask for speed novas to speed up infested defense sometimes.

Volt to make everyone go faster and generally be good all around frame for defense and cc.

and also I might as well throw in that a well modded banshee is a very good late game frame, and there are plenty of different things you can build her for.

As for weapons......if you really have to.....synoid simulor. Great damage, good area of effect, not much aiming/skill needed for the most part.

Agree with Jangkrik's suggestions for secondaries and melee, though you might also want to look into the sonicor or staticor for a little more cc secondaries. Redeemer is also very good for melee and vaykor marelok is one of the highest damage secondaries in game.

Hentoid with his augment is good for farming as well, not to mention Ivara's Prowl "pick pockets" targets while you're invis, but this method takes a lot longer.

Personally, I run Mag Prime most of the time and have Carrier Prime on at all times.  That seems to work best for my farming and general game play needs.

Honestly, I think Loki Prime is probably the cheapest and easiest Warframe to max. A Disarm Build with him is incredibly effective, and is one of the few endgame builds that doesn't strictly require any maxed Rank 10 Mods (which would probably be hard for you to get at this point). All it requires is a few Corrupted Mods which shouldn't be terribly hard to obtain.

42 minutes ago, Taedber said:

Farming without a  Nekros, Hydroid, Atlas (and Chroma if you want credits) is a sin.

Hey you forgot Ivara! Ivara can be used for farming too! Is also a good solo frame. :P

Edited by secret9005

25 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Honestly, I think Loki Prime is probably the cheapest and easiest Warframe to max. A Disarm Build with him is incredibly effective, and is one of the few endgame builds that doesn't strictly require any maxed Rank 10 Mods (which would probably be hard for you to get at this point). All it requires is a few Corrupted Mods which shouldn't be terribly hard to obtain.

Building on what was already said, all Loki Prime needs for his core endgame build is Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, and Stretch. That's it.

Duration mods, survival mods, Irradiated Disarm- these things make him stronger, but they're all optional. You don't even need to be invisible because disarmed enemies can't shoot you, and melee attacks are easy to avoid.

Equip and wield a Redeemer so you can block the harpoons of Scorpions and Ancients and still attack at range and you're pretty much good to go. You'll only become stronger/more versatile from there.

17 minutes ago, Roboplus said:

Building on what was already said, all Loki Prime needs for his core endgame build is Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, and Stretch. That's it.

Duration mods, survival mods, Irradiated Disarm- these things make him stronger, but they're all optional. You don't even need to be invisible because disarmed enemies can't shoot you, and melee attacks are easy to avoid.

Equip and wield a Redeemer so you can block the harpoons of Scorpions and Ancients and still attack at range and you're pretty much good to go. You'll only become stronger/more versatile from there.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I will work on Nekros, am interested in Ivara, and am half way through the bugged Chroma quest, but I am definitely more interested in sticking with Loki if doable.

I was thinking I'd need a bunch more, like Narrow Minded and afew others to get a perma stealth build, but this sounds good. I recently got a Constitution and have a Stretch. Do you think it would be better to just buy Fleeting Expertise and Overextended? My main purpose, in addition to being able to survive higher end missions, is to be able to get Plat, because after buying afew slots for new Frames and weapons, I'm running low and want to start earning it myself.

Edited by Grifften

I'm not sure what you're farming, but from your context I assume you mean prime gear. It also sounds like you want to build for survivability in higher tier missions.

The essential investments you'll need to make in order to make any/most warframes viable (including Loki Prime):

-Orokin Reactor

-Forma (the amount varies)

-Credits and Fusion Cores

-Rank 10 mods (fully or almost fully ranked)

-Basic Efficiency, Power, Duration, and Range mods

-Platinum (either from your grind, or purchased with real money) 

-Augment mods

-After you attain the basics, Corrupted Mods

-Later when you can afford them, Primed Mods (you won't need all of them, but good ones will allow you to swap out basic and corrupted versions)

Which items on this list do you still need to shop for? I'm not trying to discourage you from going after a new 'frame, but even if you wanted to get a new warframe and work on ranking them up, this list of essential investments will still be needed for that new warframe.

I'd recommend starting with the reactor, if you haven't, then work ranking up your basic Health and Shield mods. Hunt down cheap Augment mods in trading, and try to get unranked corrupted mods for 20 p or so. (Or you can visit a clan dojo and obtain Dragon Keys to run Vault missions--handicap missions where each player in a 4 person squad equips one handicap key that reduces speed, shields, damage or health--in the Orokin Derelict. You have a good chance of picking up Corrupted mods without spending any plat.) 

Keep your credits and fusion core stores up in order to rank up these mods as you attain them, and forma your gear accordingly to accommodate the mods.

Primed mods will cost you either a high amount of credits and ducats (which you obtain by selling prime gear in a relay's ducat kiosk) if you buy them from Baro Ki Teer (an aristocrat who visits relays every two weeks with various gear). Or you can buy them for a chunk of platinum from trading chat. If you do that, buy them unranked. And if you plan on trading, I'd recommend following the registration process on this site and then using it to gauge prices:

https://warframe.market/

If you join it, pay attention to the prices of online members. Even if you don't use the site to actually trade, it will give you an idea of an item's going rate sometimes.

Otherwise, just ask for "Item Name Price Check?" in game. Try to get more than one price quote, even if you aren't ready to buy. Familiarize yourself with the process so you don't buy things too high, or sell too low. You will need trading to advance if you don't plan to buy platinum with real money.

Oh, on Loki...err, I don't main him. I just use him situationally. I'd have to actually log in and look at my last build to give you good advice on him. I can tell you I had two builds:  Irradiating Disarm and Permanent Invisibility. The quickest way to see how to build a 'frame without advice is to enter your arsenal, add some mods in the upgrade window, then exit and click on Abilities. 

Pay attention to how the stats change based on what mods you've added, and toggle the View Without Mods(?) button. Check your mods that you added to your build. How did the mods affect his powers positively or negatively? This helps you teach yourself how to build a 'frame tactically.

Otherwise, yes, use the Warframe Wikia to see how mods affect the powers, ask other players, and google the questions.

As for clans, hang out in recruiting to see if there are open clans willing to take you on, but pick the clan that's right for you. I'm sure my clan has a spot, but I'm extremely inactive in-game right now. Our clan is so laid back we simply fall off the face of the map, most times. I feel uncomfortable inviting people now (I didn't use to) since they may not get much help. Otherwise I'd invite you.

Either way, you'll get a clan. Lots of generous players always taking new members.

Here's a recent thread on ways to get platinum:

1 hour ago, Grifften said:

Hey all, I've been playing Warframe for quite some time on and off, but never really got to endgame. I would always play for awhile, take a break for afew months, come back and be somewhat lost with all the new features, and just when I've caught on again I'd repeat the cycle. Well I'm now back and have been back longer than I have been before and really want to dive into the late game, get into a clan, and do some of the higher end missions and farming.

I've always loved Loki and Ash and the last time I came back(afew months ago) I was obsessed with getting Loki Prime. I got most of the pieces and bought the last one with Plat and was overjoyed when I made him. I told myself "With Loki P I'll be great at farming!" because I've seen so many videos of him doing well and me just loving the stealthy frames. Well, now that I'm back again and trying I've realized I need so many rare mods to make him work well that it might take awhile before I'm self-sufficient with him.

So, that being said, I'd love to use Loki(also working on Ash P lol), but for now I am looking for something that doesn't have as steep of an investment cost. I have Excalibur, Rhino, Frost, Ash, Oberon(hate his playstyle), Valkyr, and Vauban. My "best" weapons were, at the time, pretty good, I'm mostly using a Soma main(just got Dread though, may level it up and switch), Marelok, and a Dragon Nikana(also just got Broken War). Any particular frames, builds, or loadouts you guys would suggest for breaking into the farming game?

Important frames:

Loki - stealth mission

Frost - defense missions

Rhino - boss fights

Other frames:

Nekros, Hydroid, Ivara - farming drops from dead things

Trinity - carrying team with support

Nekros is a next prime.

Edited by felixsylvaris

2 hours ago, Grifften said:

I was thinking I'd need a bunch more, like Narrow Minded and afew others to get a perma stealth build, but this sounds good. I recently got a Constitution and have a Stretch. Do you think it would be better to just buy Fleeting Expertise and Overextended? My main purpose, in addition to being able to survive higher end missions, is to be able to get Plat, because after buying afew slots for new Frames and weapons, I'm running low and want to start earning it myself.

My full endgame Loki Prime doesn't use Narrow Minded at all.

20160717035426_1_zpspzjqbcfu.jpg

95% is enough duration to use Invisibility and rez someone or take down a Nullifier and that's about as much as I use it.

If you want a stealth build specifically, duration is absolutely necessary, and you can sacrifice things like survivability for more duration. But being invisible isn't where Loki's priority lies at endgame. Ivara's ability to invis both herself and her allies indefinitely while placing enemies into a state that allows for stealth/counter finishers to be executed makes her far better at the job.

Unless you're only missing a few corrupted mods, I recommend getting a set of Dragon Keys and doing vault runs. Warfarme isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

For that matter, if plat is your primary motivator, you want a frame/build that can either do Relic runs for Prime parts, or quickly and easily farm Syndicate faction rep for selling Augment mods. The best builds for those won't really overlap with endgame.

There is some plat to be made on endgame Sortie/Trial rewards, but it's either not a lot or very unreliable income.

Farming what?

stalker/g3 / etc nekros & chop them up.

Basic mods and basic crafting, nekros or hydroid

void/endless relic farming ...  ivara is really easy, stealth, steal, kill, win

annoying mission farming (nightmare, etc) ... rhino or nezha (immortality cheese ... its lame, but it lets you solo the things).

Of those, I would get the basic rhino via farming the pieces, and then focus on getting ivara.   Nekros can wait.  Nekros works great with power regen focus, you no longer need the health desecrate mod giving back 1 mod slot.  Hydriod is easy to farm too, if you have modest gear (catch 22)  but he needs the faction mod to get the loot bonus.

Edited by jonnin