Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is happening to the community ?

Chromatrescu

37 minutes ago, theclinton said:

I totally meant to lock this 2 hours ago due to name and shame and got distracted with Pokemon Go and Github, but since the op was cleaned up I guess there really isnt a reason to lock it.

Still I did see the op, and you intentionally left his name in the spoiler (That i removed), please dont name and shame on the forums.

Also its nice to see a lot of helpful advice from our fellow Tenno in this thread . 

Sorry for late replying : 

1. I got some trouble with my family that we got a huge problem that i can't dislove and clear thinking to post this answer 
  2. This situation makes me fusrating alot and i can't move on and play when he done that to me since i am his fan for a year .
  3. I wasn't notice at the end of the chat is his name while cut the picture out , it was a mistake , you can lock this post since i did violence the rule of Forum : Naming and Shaming when i didn't notice it on the photoshop , i understand what i have done and i will take fully consequences for what comes next .  
  4. All of the Tenno has supported me so i can move on and continue playing Warframe , their motivation has make me forget about the old heroic person .

Warframe is already my favorite game , and i always playing this everyday . This game makes me forget about bad things happens to me in real life . Supposingly that some people can't actually helping me alot and back-stabbing , but after looking you guys motivating me , i fell like there're good people out there in the community , somes will completly fall down and can't help you , they could over-reacting and makes mistaken that lead to hurting other's people soul like me , losing hopes on them . But now Tenno is helping me , i am now having faith and trust to the community again , thank you so much .

If i named and shamed , i will confest myself and take fully consequences for my mistake and my fault , as a honestly person .

Thank you the community for giving me the motivation and continue playing Warframe .

~Teemo 

Treating other players like the wiki article however is also pretty dumb. It reeks of trying to get your foot in the door of said "famous youtuber's" friends list. Something that if, they are as famous as you claim, tends to be done on a frequent basis with little more than personal gain in mind. It tends to jade those types of people pretty quickly to the banter of inane questions that the wiki clearly answers with a quick google search. 

1 minute ago, Nariala said:

Treating other players like the wiki article however is also pretty dumb. It reeks of trying to get your foot in the door of said "famous youtuber's" friends list. Something that if, they are as famous as you claim, tends to be done on a frequent basis with little more than personal gain in mind. It tends to jade those types of people pretty quickly to the banter of inane questions that the wiki clearly answers with a quick google search. 

I don't understand what you are saying ? 

Anyway , this is the true , people always have a chance to make an artical with honestly truth , people have the reason for it , you can't stop it just for protecting the lies , this artical means that i am giving up on the community , even the person i have being a fan for a year . but now , seeing people will not giving up on me , i will not giving up for them anymore . 

Hope you understand 

8 minutes ago, Teemo_FC said:

I don't understand what you are saying ? 

Anyway , this is the true , people always have a chance to make an artical with honestly truth , people have the reason for it , you can't stop it just for protecting the lies , this artical means that i am giving up on the community , even the person i have being a fan for a year . but now , seeing people will not giving up on me , i will not giving up for them anymore . 

Hope you understand 

Why do I have that feeling I know what Youtuber you're talking about... HINT me ! XD

I generally refrain from trying to see Youtubers as anything more then entertainers and, in case of the ones I watch most, like AngryJoe, a source of information on whether or not to get something.

While this now ''mystery'' Youtuber is obviously not as big a name as an AngryJoe or even a Jim Sterling, they each have busy lives and their own circle of friends, some may appreciate a fan asking them about things they likely know, some may not, clearly the one you contacted, did not appreciate it.

Generally it's best to keep your distance, no matter the reason, be it a genuine question, or an attempt to find a way into their circle of friends, unless off course they themselves encourage you to always ask if you want to know something.

I bet alot of these youtubers are friendly in their videos but when you meet them you see they are only so friendly because they want to gain clicks.A big show.The most are big Noobs anyway.

When you talk about [name] i bet you only met him in a bad moment.I met him one time and he was very friendly.I like him.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed name

5 hours ago, DuckingHugeSack said:

That moment when you are helping others and the squad's full and you tell them the squad's full politely and they just replied "screw you then"

Such really is ridiculous even if only because it happens all the time, nothing the host can do anything about.

I usually reply with ''Good luck and have fun then''.

5 hours ago, Noamuth said:

Not really.  A person can still be a hero, or do heroic things, but also be a bad person by doing those things for the wrong reasons.

If so than they are not heroic because they're "heroic"actions are not done for heroic reasons. It's the intention that truly makes someone a hero.

54 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

I love new players But too many VETERAN left due to the DE decisions and now it feels weird (way to little veterans left if ask me)

Are you perhaps in the wrong topic?

This topic was about a Youtuber idol that apparently dismissed OP, a fan of his, in an apparently rude fashion.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

10 hours ago, Teemo_FC said:

I know since i met them alot , but serioursly , this person whom i talked is a youtuber , i just want to say he needs to explain the infomation better a bit so i can understand more .

Really now?

Just because somebody puts god knows how many hours into explaining stuff to people on youtube doesn't mean they provide some sort of free ingame help line where you can just contact them out of the blue, a complete stranger, to spam them with a bunch of questions. Maybe he was in the middle of recording something? Maybe he simply wanted to be left alone? Is that a crime now?

And, no offense, but you wanted to tell him he has to explain his stuff better? I'm sorry, but if a complete stranger contacted me ingame, out of the blue, to tell me I needed to improve my youtube content, I'd probably /ignore them as well.

Though whether or not one approves of this sort of behaviour (and we only know one side of the story) - does that really speak for the entire community? What is happening to the community? Maybe nothing? It was just one guy.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

2 hours ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Really now?

Just because somebody puts god knows how many hours into explaining stuff to people on youtube doesn't mean they provide some sort of free ingame help line where you can just contact them out of the blue, a complete stranger, to spam them with a bunch of questions. Maybe he was in the middle of recording something? Maybe he simply wanted to be left alone? Is that a crime now?

And, no offense, but you wanted to tell him he has to explain his stuff better? I'm sorry, but if a complete stranger contacted me ingame, out of the blue, to tell me I needed to improve my youtube content, I'd probably /ignore them as well.

Though whether or not one approves of this sort of behaviour (and we only know one side of the story) - does that really speak for the entire community? What is happening to the community? Maybe nothing? It was just one guy.

These are the question i asked him :

• I know there's a tweak to get 60-80 Void Tracer , i wanted to share so i asked him
  • I said i love his channel , being a fan with him a year , but it need better explaination so i can understand more 
  • About kavats 
  • Some interested 
  • Did i spam question ? No of crouse not since i asked him like 30-45 minutes later on .
  • No nude / rude during the chat

Is that a crime ? no 

Are you trying to convice that you are right ? no 

I met other Warframe Youtubers , they say cool to me , even if i asked too much , they say good sentences like : " I am busy , can we talk later man ? " and i answer positive to them : " Yeah sure ^-^ Nice talking " , we are cool , if i asked him to improve something , a small tweaks to the channel , they say : " No Problem , i will improve it , thanks :D "

Instead of slapping a big fan with an ignore " letter " , like i said . 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed rude comments

1 minute ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Interesting response. I think that explains a lot about what really happened. XD

I got fully knowing what happened there , fully disapointment and also sadness from his action . 

But things in the past has flew like a bird , can we focus on the journey ahead ? 

2 hours ago, Artorius-Alter said:

This topic was about a Youtuber idol that apparently dismissed OP, a fan of his, in an apparently rude fashion.

Either me and him , we aren't having " Rude fashion " as you are saying . 

Me and [name] just get bad times . 

Additional Question : Did i rude to him ? -> If i am a fan of his for a year , i would say no . 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed potentially identifying info

1 hour ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Interesting response. I think that explains a lot about what really happened. XD

Sounds to me like OP is... easily offended, to say the least.

1 hour ago, Teemo_FC said:

Either me and him , we aren't having " Rude fashion " as you are saying . 

Me and [name] just get bad times . 

Additional Question : Did i rude to him ? -> If i am a fan of his for a year , i would say no . 

Now now, don't get your knickers in a twist.

7 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

If so than they are not heroic because they're "heroic"actions are not done for heroic reasons. It's the intention that truly makes someone a hero.

Ehhh... Someone can still be a hero even if their only intention was to be a hero, not because they felt compelled to act based on moral or eryucal reasons.

i.e., someone runs into a burning house to save the occupants, not because they value life but because they want the fame.  Imo, they're still doing a heroic act and are still a hero even though they're doing it for the wrong reasons.