Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is happening to the community ?

Chromatrescu

His mother died. His dog died. He lost his job. His wife asked for divorce. He's facing depression. And so on it goes with the reasons that could've pushed someone to seek exile in a video game. 

Now imagine one of those happened to him, would you feel proud of yourself putting this moment of solitude he wanted, in here for all to see?

That's why naming and shaming is against the rules, but it seems like you're choosing to disregard it by using those 4 letters that are enough to precisely know which youtuber you're talking about. 

nothing has happened, because like any online community, it was already that way. what part of it you do or don't see at any given time is a variable.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed identifiable information

10 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

U do know u can buy youtube subscribers and likes, and even comments. And also u can pay youtube to advertise and recommend yr video for views.

uhh what does that have to do with this topic?

(on track now)

This is why i dont fully look up to youtubers (except if i met them irl and they were real nice and stuff)

Feels Bad Man

1 hour ago, Teemo_FC said:

But this is making me fell very disapointing about him , he's a nice youtuber but being like this is very bad . I just wanted to asking him some stuff in warframes . 

Has he helped you in the past?

Have you asked him for help constantly in the past?

I have seen allot of people that just HATE answering question, like it only take 1-2 minutes to write some helpful words, but they just like to insult people instead. But you also can't just take 1 guy being bad as a reflection to a whole player base, new player would just come in, see this and can just look at you as toxic just the same.

Actuallly thats how the community is ... a lot of the people playing this game are a bunch of meanies, off course not everybody is like that.

But it is what it is ... like life, you find nice people and you find meanies.

(sorry for the profanity BTW).

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity ;)

49 minutes ago, ZaiTheFish said:

The only youtuber I let be a jerk to me is Shy.  But that's kind of her thing.

I actually met Shy at TennoCon and had NO idea who she was at first. I just thought she was awesome anyway. I only found out who she was at the end of the Con xD

I don't really follow many youtubers... at least not for videos alone.The only "youtuber" I know at all personally is SilverBones AKA The Hidden Redcoat, who is also an awesome person and personal friend, and I met him here through the forums not through his channel. That all said, a lot of these people are busy. ALL. THE. TIME. For that reason, I never get mad at them if I try to talk to them and get ignored or answered back with short answers. But these are people that I know. In the case of SilverBones, have known for years.

When it comes to talking to someone who is central to your own personal universe, but you're unsure how central you are to theirs, it's always wise to go in with no expectations. Don't expect a big extensive answer or to be recognized. The people you want to really look up to will be the polite ones. The ones who might not answer you personally or answer all the time, but when they do will be as respectful about it as they can. This guy (whoever he is), obviously isn't doing that. He might have personal reasons for this we will never know, and it's rude to speculate, but my advice is to take his response with as much equanimity as you can, and move on if you so choose. If you want to keep looking up to him, that's entirely your choice and no one can tell you otherwise, but moving on is always an option and sometimes the best one.

Taking the attitude of one popular individual, or one small group of veteran players, isn't indicative of the community as a whole. It is also by far not indicative of the people as individuals that make up that community. There are a lot of good people out there, some of them are undoubtedly in this thread and are trying to help you through this as best as they can. Don't let one bad response from one person ruin your entire outlook on the Warframe community. It's not worth that much, no matter who that person is.

3 minutes ago, IEpicWolfI said:

But she said she wasn't at TennoCon.

Then I may be misremembering... I remember sitting in a ring of Guides/Youtubers and her name came up. I could have sworn it was an introduction of some kind, but I may have misheard (they were discussing who was/wasn't there at the time)... I was distracted by the fact that a Wild Rebecca had appeared and Poutine was involved. I think my entire memory might be suspect past that point lol

I have bad memory anyhow, and I don't know just about anyone's faces through Warframe, just aliases. It's thoroughly possible I misunderstood,

Edited by Jeahanne

I feel your pain, you just have to cut yourself loose from those kind of people. I have this one Youtuber friend with like almost 50k subs (who I've known personally before their "career" took off back in 2011), has a completely different approach when I try to make contact with them about Warframe, and as such I cut myself loose from them without hesitation. I don't need that kind of stuff in my life.

A little fame don't necessarily mean they're any more special than someone like me, or anyone else here. They need to get the F*** off that high horse of theirs. They want followers to keep subscribing to their content? Give back, be transparent with them, make them feel like more than just a number.

Edited by Trowicia

1 minute ago, siralextraffo said:

Well......I'm no youtuber but you can feel free to ask me questions if you find me online, promise not to ignore you! 

^
See, awesome person, right there. I'd say the same but I'm not on as much as I'd like to be.

I totally meant to lock this 2 hours ago due to name and shame and got distracted with Pokemon Go and Github, but since the op was cleaned up I guess there really isnt a reason to lock it. Still I did see the op, and you intentionally left his name in the spoiler (That i removed), please dont name and shame on the forums.

Also its nice to see a lot of helpful advice from our fellow Tenno in this thread

/sleep

1 minute ago, theclinton said:

I totally meant to lock this 2 hours ago due to name and shame and got distracted with Pokemon Go and Github, but since the op was cleaned up I guess there really isnt a reason to lock it. Still I did see the op, and you intentionally left his name in the spoiler (That i removed), please dont name and shame on the forums.

Also its nice to see a lot of helpful advice from our fellow Tenno in this thread

/sleep

Unintentional late thread locking lead to good things, I guess? xD

Have a good night sir!

2 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Idolization that has gone down in flames and OP is projecting their disappointment on the entire community. 

>idolizing youtubers

This is NEVER a good idea. The people who act so nice and funny in videos can turn out to be the biggest jerks in real life.

3 hours ago, Teemo_FC said:

I know man , thank you for your words . 

Also , now i can experiment myself with builds , i will make my own life without looking or need other people builds . ^-^

CLEM !

Actually if this is the outcome we can be thankful to that youtuber guy.

One less mind drone.

Edited by VoidNomade

3 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

>idolizing youtubers

This is NEVER a good idea. The people who act so nice and funny in videos can turn out to be the biggest jerks in real life.

They are merely Entertainers, you shouldn't idolize them and instead befriend them. That is all

The other way around happens too, though. Some youtubers are actually nice guys pretending to be douches just to get people heated up.

@Teemo_FC if you need help, or info about the game, I can assure you that i know at least as much as any of the youtubers out there about the game and i will help you if i'm online.