Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which frame to choose

OGPlebian

Question

Inaros is most interesting, since it is purely health based, and has ability to heal himself.

Inaros and Chroma are rather easy to get.

Mesa could be troublesome. You need 3 invasion mission to get 1 part, and 3 parts to craft keys, and then rng fo get 3 parts... it could end with a lot of runs.

I know I'm in the minority but try Mesa. Yes, she is nerfed, but still good. For you as for a player new to Warframe (you won't complain about nerfing OP to normal) she will be ok. Has tanky abilities too, just need to get accustomed.

7 minutes ago, Vol4ica_ said:

I know I'm in the minority but try Mesa. Yes, she is nerfed, but still good. For you as for a player new to Warframe (you won't complain about nerfing OP to normal) she will be ok. Has tanky abilities too, just need to get accustomed.

I'm not that new fam, I just don't get a lot of weapons. The only reason I might not go Mesa is because Ivara fills a similar niche

Also the nerf shouldn't bother me that much

Edited by OGPlebian

Chroma requires a specific set up to make into a super tank, and that's all he can do.

Inaros has insane CC and life vampire. Mesa can hit 95% dmg reduction with Intensify mod only. Couple that with her lasso to stun melee mobs, and she cannot die short of a miracle in the enemy favor. Mesa is also top tier dmg.

1 minute ago, DiosGX said:

Chroma requires a specific set up to make into a super tank, and that's all he can do.

Inaros has insane CC and life vampire. Mesa can hit 95% dmg reduction with Intensify mod only. Couple that with her lasso to stun melee mobs, and she cannot die short of a miracle in the enemy favor. Mesa is also top tier dmg.

I know what they do, I just want to know which would be best given the frames I have

Just now, OGPlebian said:

I'm not that new

I mean you weren't playing when nerf happened.

The Mesa's and Ivara's only similarity is that they are both girls.
Mesa is more similar to Chroma. Both having useful bufs for teammates, Both 4th skill makes pretty damage. Chroma looses much defence but farms credits while Mesa gets invincible but only makes damage.
Inaros is just a solo frame.

Also look at Valkyr.

5 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

What nerf

She murders lvl 100+ instantly.

First when skill efficency began depanding on the continuity, afterwards 4th skill started depending on where you look and for how long. It is a nerf but as I said before Mesa is still cool.

My personal preference is Inaros because I like being able to tank damage and am a pretty heavy melee player.

Chroma is pretty good solo, but he shines as a team buffer when they stay together as a unit, his elemental ward ability can protect the whole squad very well.

Mesa has good survivability at range with her second and third abilities, and when modded properly, can tears huge holes into high level enemy lines with her ultimate.

As with everything else in this game, it's all down to personal preference. When you play enough, you'll have most if not all of the warframes and weapons you're comfortable with and you'll look to expand. Don't ever be afraid to try something different than what you're used to, you'll have plenty of times you can try them and practice if you aren't great at the beginning.

You have a whole community available to help, many of whom are more than willing to bring newer players along and help them out.

to be honest you should get all of them, they all have unique playstyles and a frame like chroma is a frame that takes several forma to even feel the way you want him to

trade chat is lively and seeing as how you said you have an Ivara you should have gotten some mods via spy missions that are pretty easy to trade off

44 minutes ago, Vol4ica_ said:

Inaros is just a solo frame.

Tell that all those countless Tenno I revived in Sortie 100 missions while standing in the middle of 30 mobs. Inaros may not have any buffs for allies but he's tanky as hell and the CCs are just great. Not to mention he's also a great team healer if people know how his ultimate skill works. I enjoy Chroma, Inaros and Mesa a lot but if I had to pick just one, it would always be Inaros.

Oh ... and how can you not love a frame wearing an Anubis helmet with a steering weel on the back? I always fancy a child sitting on his shoulders stearing him like a Bobby Car. This is true old school tenno design. ;)

I would say get inaros first.

He has a lot of CC on top of being very tanky. He is also pretty easy to get and he doesn't require a lot of good mods.

Chroma is only really good when you max him out completely and in high level missions.