Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, why are Alert mission types no longer being disclosed?

FierceRadiance

I'm not a fan of the Archwing mission mode; just doesn't do it for me.  So I try and pay attention to whether or not an Alert is an Archwing mission, so I can avoid them. 

But even though I'm doing my best to avoid them, I've still found myself in Archwing Alerts several times, and nowhere was I able to determine this from the Alert mission panel.  The only way I've found currently to tell if an Alert is an Archwing mission is to note each Alert's node name, go to the node, and read the description there to see if it's an Archwing node.  This is a kludge.

Why has this changed?  Why is the mission type -any mission type- no longer being disclosed as part of the Alert information, or indeed at any point prior to the mission beginning? 

Mods, can you look into this for us? I'm hoping it's just an oversight, and will be quickly returned to the way it was, letting players know ahead of time what kind of mission they're choosing, and if they are choosing an Archwing Alert.

9 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Thanks, man, I thought I was going insane or being too stupid to tell whether it's Archwing or not! So it's really not saying, is it? I don't like this one bit.

1. See a tasty alert pop up
2. Start the alert.
3. See the Archwing animation
4. Abort.

So. Many. Times.

So let me get this straight.

You see a reward you want to go for but when you see the mission type you no longer want that reward?

1 minute ago, Mak_Gohae said:

You see a reward you want to go for but when you see the mission type you no longer want that reward?

They choose not to play a game mode they find horribly unrewarding, not hard to understand why they would choose not to do something they cannot enjoy or tolerate.

Edited by Kyronz

19 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Thanks, man, I thought I was going insane or being too stupid to tell whether it's Archwing or not! So it's really not saying, is it? I don't like this one bit.

1. See a tasty alert pop up
2. Start the alert.
3. See the Archwing animation
4. Abort.

So. Many. Times.

Erpo, Salacia, Caelus, Pandora, Galilea, Kepler, and Syrtis are all Archwing missions. When you see those names now you know it's an Archwing alert. 

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

Erpo, Salacia, Caelus, Pandora, Galilea, Kepler, and Syrtis are all Archwing missions. When you see those names now you know it's an Archwing alert. 

So, outta scientific curiosity - did you just look those up on the starchart real quick or did you actually memorize them?

2 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

So, outta scientific curiosity - did you just look those up on the starchart real quick or did you actually memorize them?

I had to look up two of them, they never show up on alerts and I don't play them cause they are lame duck nodes (low level exterminate), but I play AW all the time and love it, so I know the rest pretty well.

Erpo, Salacia, and Caelus are the only ones I've seen as alerts since the update.

Edited by Gelkor

15 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

They choose not to play a game mode they find horribly unrewarding,

But you click on the alert because you want the reward.

Like, i would understand not doing a normal version of the mission but for an alert that is giving something cool i'll do any missions.

4 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I can't recite them from memory, but I can recognize them as Archwing nodes when I see them (except Kepler, but now I know). Then again, I do play a decent amount of Archwing.

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I had to look up two of them, they never show up on alerts and I don't play them cause they are lame duck nodes (low level exterminate), but I play AW all the time and love it, so I know the rest pretty well.

Erpo, Salacia, and Caelus are the only ones I've seen as alerts since the update.

Haha, neat! :D
Anyway, that's pretty cool, thanks for sharing! :)

3 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Like, i would understand not doing a normal version of the mission but for an alert that is giving something cool i'll do any missions.

And that's perfectly alright. Me, however, I'm spoiled, lazy, sitting on 20 million credits and if I'm not in the mood to play archwing, I simply don't play archwing, no matter the reward.

10 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Nothing is worth trying to navigate a Corpus archwing mission.

Its still very possible, you just have to goooooooo.............. sloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww..........

so bring a sandwich before you start it, and forget your shift key exists.

5 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Holy sh** you want me to EAT things while developing severe motion sickness and nausea?

What kind of sadistic freak ARE you?

Don't think of it as "sadism"... think of it as... training... yeah, training... so you can fly an Archwing, eat your food, and not hurl all over your computer or lap.

50 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

the new archwing isnt worth anything, if not for mastery i`d not even own an archwing...

@OP: yes, I do agree, also got this prank played on me a lot of times, needs just a little more text added to it, saying (archwing)

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

For instance, I cannot stand archwing and I feel like DE kind of screwed us on them. Now if the reward is insanely good like a freaking arcane or something then sure, I would drop my "morals" (I use morals lightly here because it's a game and it's not a moral if you'll let it go) and do the mission (begrudgingly.) Otherwise I have a strong commitment to keep, and that is to not play archwing at all. Honestly, it's not neccessarily the gameplay that I loath. It's more the combination of gameplay and mission clones from non archwing that I hate. DE pitched it as a completely new game mode with new missions (spoilers, they're the same missions but with archwing.) Not to mention that new archwing mission type they promised us before releasing archwing defense (wait, that's a new mission type?)

Edited by (PS4)CrackFoxLegend

I've been annoyed by this many times as well. Related to this issue is I see no indication of whether an alert is hardcore mode, you just have to know if the mod reward normally comes from hardcore. Not that regular hardcore seems to exist any more.

I note that I originally created this topic in General Discussion, and now I find that a Mod has moved it to PC Bugs

Mod(s), may I please request a confirmation post here that DE has confirmed this is, in fact, a bug, and not a (misguided) design decision. 

If it's a bug, then I can look forward to it's being fixed (SOONTM). 

But if no-one posts to confirm it as a bug, then I want it moved back to General Discussion, so it can be seen by more people, and DE can more accurately gauge it's importance (or lack of same) with players.