The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine or Fragor?

Shroomaay

Question

22 answers to this question

Just now, Varacal said:

i'd suggest scindo, but thats not in the choices, fragor is crit based but its damage is low, galatine's damage is high but its crit rate is low, scindo is like a mix of the two, especially scindo prime

I could craft Scindo, but I don't like the attacks peed on Scindo or Fragor.

Edited by Shroomaay

Nah, Galatine with Cleaving Whirlwind will definetely outdo Fragor Prime anyday, spin-to-win man. Plus Galatine Prime is coming out soon.

In case you didn't know the Stance mod Cleaving Whirlwind has a 360o spin attack that can be used 7 consecutive times, each hit will deal +300% damage (that's a 4x multi) and you can hit enemies twice per spin, basically 14 hits that deal 4x Galatine's modded damage to any unfortunate enemy that gets too close. This stance does not work on Fragor or Fragor Prime, but does work on Galatine and War as well as Scindo(Scindo does not have same polarity as mod though so might want to forma).

Wouldn't build Galatine for crit because of it's low crit chance, even if you do have Body Count and stuff, plus bonus damage from Cleaving is already way more than you could ever get Galatine's crit multi to be. You could build for status but it only has 20% status chance so you likely wouldn't get much higher than 68%. Building for raw damage is probably the best option (focus on slash and puncture to really screw up Grineer and Infested). When dealing with Corpus go for War with Cleaving due to it's high impact damage.

Edited by FINNSTAR7

Cleaving Whirlwind has some good combos but the reach on Fragor is extremely limited so you'll mostly be hitting one target at a time. Galatine's reach is much greater so you can build your Combo counter much faster by swiping multiple enemies with each attack. This becomes even more noticeable with Tempo Royale's spins.

Fragor does have the advantage in Stealth missions due to the Hammer class' massive stealth attack multiplier as long as you can isolate targets but for general use I'd have to go with the Galatine. The only argument I can present against Galatine is that if you want to cosplay Thor Galatine's not going to help you there but a Volt who has Fragor with Seismic Wave and a bunch of Lightning mods on will. 

On 7/22/2016 at 2:08 AM, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Galatine with Tempo Royale. It is mobile, high status chance with slash procs and enough crit for Blood Rush and Body Count. It is something beautiful man. 

^^This.  Tempo Royale stance works wonders for the Galatine.  

Galatine.

Slash damage, more reach, faster, looks better, and is already endgame quality (until you get war...), save yourself the hassle of getting Fragor Prime and just build Galatine.

Basic Pressure Point + Berserker + Blood Rush + Body Count build with the elementals of your choice, and 1 mod that you plan on using for personal preference (True Steel, Life Strike, Reach, Fury, etc...)

Stance wise, either Cleaving Whirlwind or Tempo Royale will do you right.