Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can a founder of warframe Threaten me with a ban

Mobb-Deep

Question

I didn't know founders had access to banning capabilities (rhetorical)?!?!?!  Now if they're a "founder" and a DE member then I guess they could?!  However if they claim they're with DE and they're not then that's falsifying and I would assume THAT would result in a ban on their part (impersonation)?!

Edited by Btabc

5 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Lolno.

^

Also, if they used such a threat in the context of blackmailing you into an action, reporting them to support might actually get them banned. Of course this assumes you've got a screenshot of the conversation or similar.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

No he is not a DE member but i was telling trade chat to message a person cause they are giving free plat then he responds with this out of the blue lol he thinks hes a keyboard vigilante lol.vnDjABy.png

Edited by Mobb-Deep
removed names from picture

1 minute ago, Mobb-Deep said:

No hes not De member but i was telling trade chat to message a person cause they giving free plat then he responds with this out of the blue

To be fair, that does sound like legitimate grounds for a harassment report.

I doubt you'll be perma-banned for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you received some sort of punishment.

8 minutes ago, Mobb-Deep said:

No he is not a DE member but i was telling trade chat to message a person cause they are giving free plat then he responds with this out of the blue lol he thinks hes a keyboard vigilante lol.

Chat-bans foreveryone!

Edited by PsychedelicSnake
Removed picture; visible player names

After looking at that picture, it's clear that he's not threatening to ban you himself. What he's saying is that DE might respond to his harassment report and that they might permaban you as a result.

Next question: What were you doing to make him say that?

Im not the first person to do that ive seen 5 or 6 people do it so i assure you that person that i said is giving free plat rest assured that she definitely deserved it .plus its harmless so how is that even harassment cause last time i checked harassment has some physical or emotional pain attached to it. Unless your a sociopath.

3 minutes ago, Mobb-Deep said:

Im not the first person to do that ive seen 5 or 6 people do it so i assure you that person that i said is giving free plat rest assured that she definitely deserved it .plus its harmless so how is that even harassment cause last time i checked harassment has some physical or emotional pain attached to it. Unless your a sociopath.

1) Just because other people have done it doesn't mean it's okay
2) If the person in question did something to warrant a punishment, you should have filed a report just as they have threatened to do to you
3) Harass: (1): To annoy persistently; (2): To create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

There might be reprocussions if you do something stupid like

9 minutes ago, Mobb-Deep said:

telling trade chat to message a person cause they are giving free plat

which I assume is a prank, if not it's still pretty stupid, if they wanted to give away free plat they would have said so themselves, so by that logic yes you are setting yourself up for a harassment report because you're going to cause that player to be spammed by a lot of people.

The founder themselves however has no power any other player doesn't but it doesn't really look like they were thretening you with a ban rather than a report and informing you what happens if such a report were to be investigated and you were found in the wrong, either way for harassment I don't think you'd be perma banned for something like that but they might do something to you.

14 minutes ago, Mobb-Deep said:

No he is not a DE member but i was telling trade chat to message a person cause they are giving free plat then he responds with this out of the blue lol he thinks hes a keyboard vigilante lol.vnDjABy.png

Report this person as Soon as possible if you hadn't already. Impersonating DE staff/Moderator is a serious offense.

Not to sound like a smart alec but it wasn't persistent ,and no im not going to waste my time reporting someone after all it is a game sadly the people in it are a bit ehhhh. and there was nothing unpleasent about it im pretty sure no one even sent a message.