Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Rage + Body Count

Haxwell

Please could we get Primal fury to be affected by mods like body count and blood rush. Currently you don't get the combo length boost from body count while in primal rage. Not sure if that also goes for blood rush.

54 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

It goes for all of the Acolyte mods.

It also affects Hysteria and Exalted Blade as well.

Yeah I feel as though if Hysteria and EB are affected by body count/blood rush. Primal fury should too.

1 hour ago, Haxwell said:

Yeah I feel as though if Hysteria and EB are affected by body count/blood rush. Primal fury should too.

No no, what he meant was that the Acolyte mods not working (Blood Rush doesn't work, Body Count doesn't work, Maiming Strike doesn't work, etc) also affects Hysteria and Exalted Blade. These "ultimate" melee abilities are all incompatible with these mods-- they're simply treated as empty slots when the abilities are activated.

Personally, I'm with DE in that these mods shouldn't affect the ults. Remember that these mods were introduced in the first place to make melee weapons comparable to guns and ults; giving these mods to the ults will just bring back the boring old "Exalted Blade > all melee weapons" meta that no one liked.

The current implementation could definitely use some work (it's silly that these mods are treated as completely empty slots-- you literally can't build a melee weapon properly without completely neutering your ults), but all in all, I'm glad that the ults can't use these mods. I'm just waiting for an update that will allow us to mod our melee weapons and Ultimate melee weapons separately.

Considering I build a combo counter while using Primal Rage and the body count/ blood rush mods work off the existance of melee combo counter, I see no reason why Body count/blood rush shouldn't work on it. BTW you're wrong about maiming strike, it does work with these ultimate weapons, if not just hysteria.

I kinda agree with them being incompatible with ults that draw on the user's weapon mods, because these abilities are tremendously powerful already. However, what this does show is the tweaking that needs to be done for melee combat in general. I don't know how many times people have begged DE for a longer, more reasonable combo timer, but it hasn't happened; instead we get a bandaid mod: body count. However, this isn't the proper place for this topic, I know.

5 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

Not with peacemaker.

So no Embedded Catalyzer on Peacemaker, well that answers 'that'...

Do they work with Artemis Bow?

I can't really say it is consistent as far as Exalted Weapons: Bladestorm does benefit from Body Count since Ash's Melee multiplier is not over-ridden from Ultimate like Excalibur, Valkyr, and WuKong.

-I actually think that may a larger issue since Slash Dash, Iron Jab, and Landslide add to Melee combo with normal melee equipped 

(Excalibur has an issue where Exalted Blade sword is used to add to Melee combo with Slash Dash, yet if he cast Exalted Blade it wipes the melee combo and makes it start from scratch

Same with Iron Jab using Primal Fury's Iron Staff to add to melee combo but casting Primal Fury afterwards clears the Melee combo

That is not consistent and is just biased against certain Ultimate attacks)*

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

8 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

Not with peacemaker.

actual it does but the down side is you cant 'aim' which triggers the mods for peace maker. artemas bow does argon scope and bladed rounds buff well aiming.

the mods should work with melee ults sure would have to do balancing with ether the ults them self or give half of what it should be so it isnt broken scale(hystaria at 3x alone is stupid if that where the case)

As it is, you either build for melee, OR exalted weapons, which is kinda dumb since these are supposed to be 'melee' frames.

I say their damage be balanced for acolyte mods, especially hysteria, with the several million damage slide attack

9 hours ago, jofdeath said:

actual it does but the down side is you cant 'aim' which triggers the mods for peace maker. artemas bow does argon scope and bladed rounds buff well aiming.

the mods should work with melee ults sure would have to do balancing with ether the ults them self or give half of what it should be so it isnt broken scale(hystaria at 3x alone is stupid if that where the case)

Ugh, just hurts to see the inconsistency ...makes it seem like discrimination.

17 minutes ago, jofdeath said:

inconsistent with what?

Inconsistent in that 'No Exalted Weapons can use(benefit) from Acolyte mods'

13 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

So no Embedded Catalyzer on Peacemaker, well that answers 'that'...

Do they work with Artemis Bow?

I can't really say it is consistent as far as Exalted Weapons: Bladestorm does benefit from Body Count since Ash's Melee multiplier is not over-ridden from Ultimate like Excalibur, Valkyr, and WuKong.

-I actually think that may a larger issue since Slash Dash, Iron Jab, and Landslide add to Melee combo with normal melee equipped 

(Excalibur has an issue where Exalted Blade sword is used to add to Melee combo with Slash Dash, yet if he cast Exalted Blade it wipes the melee combo and makes it start from scratch

Same with Iron Jab using Primal Fury's Iron Staff to add to melee combo but casting Primal Fury afterwards clears the Melee combo

That is not consistent and is just biased against certain Ultimate attacks)*

Quote from earlier response:

23 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Inconsistent in that 'No Exalted Weapons can use(benefit) from Acolyte mods'

Quote from earlier response:

ah the reason they did that for the exalted melee is because how bad it would scale, the others are within a realm of still stable but not valkires 375%+ crit rate at 3x which is easy to get with body count. peacemaker is still different because of not having acess to aiming which thats atleast with in a reasnable realm

11 hours ago, jofdeath said:

ah the reason they did that for the exalted melee is because how bad it would scale, the others are within a realm of still stable but not valkires 375%+ crit rate at 3x which is easy to get with body count. peacemaker is still different because of not having acess to aiming which thats atleast with in a reasnable realm

I get that to an extent, however it is still 'inconsistent' with Slash Dash, Iron Jab, Landslide, and Bladestorm.

With Slash Dash and Iron Jab the weapon model used for Ultimate is present in the attack animation & will add to the melee hit counter but activating the 4th ability will reset the Ability hit counter which just doesn't seem logical.

Body Count - works with Slash Dash and Iron Jab

They could let all melee share same hit counter like Bladestorm does (Rising Storm + Body Count) 

It just seems inconsistent that some melee abilities using Warframe provided weapons can utilize Acolyte mods but only Hysteria, Exalted Blade, and Primal Fury are completely exempt.

Was similar to the enemy slow and Damage Resistance  Global caps: Enemy slow capped at 75%

& then Damage Resistance was capped at 95% except for Trinity's Blessing which was allowed to hit 99% DR*

Just makes inconsistencies seem bias/prejudice*

(Prejudice like: old Status only mods... purposely untouched*)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi