Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spending platinum on Ivara, worth it?

OCFM

Question

2 days ago I've managed to get a 75% coupon from the daily rewards so since I got 11 dollars in my hand, I bought the 370 platinum which cost 5$. I was deciding whether i should buy Ivara or not. I got 370 Platinum yesterday so I spent 25 of them for a warframe slot. I got 350 left over. I really want to get Ivara but at the same time I feel like I would waste 325 Platinum when I could probably spent it on something else better. Help me decide whether I should buy Ivara or something else. If you ask me not buy Ivara, can you tell me what other things should I buy? 

Info: Im a player who has played Warframe for 50 hours and I am currently Mastery Rank 4. I have Excalibur, Rhino and Vauban(My friend gave me Vauban).

Thanks!

Edited by OCFM

1 minute ago, (PS4)vamp6x6x6x said:

I asked that same question before  and the answer was no. They said that I should be able to get ivara to drop easy enough, so I spent the next hr or two using loki in spy missions solo, and sure enough I got her.

Im not good at spy mission though. 

1 minute ago, OCFM said:

You don't need to be good at spy, once you get limbo or loki you can do corpus spy missions pretty quickly without much effort. The only problem you'll run into for getting Ivara is the RNG has to be in your favor to drop the parts you need from those missions.

Just now, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

pick loki with a hell of duration

learn "terminal patterns" (pretty easy)

craft a ton of ciphers if you're having problems with grineer hacks

So I should buy Loki?

No one here ever uses Nova for spy missions???

I mean... Portals! (?

3 minutes ago, wathor88 said:

ivara is easy and quick to get

That's.... not entirely true...
It's easy to get yeah... if RNG is on your side.

Also, easy is subjective here, again, because of RNG (excluding whether or not you're good at spy missions or not)

4 minutes ago, OCFM said:

So what should I spend the 350 Platinum on?

Armor and color palettes, of course! Fashionframe is endgame.

Personally, I feel like spending plat on anything you can earn through playing the game is wasting money. If you're not good at spy vaults, play them until you are good. By which point, you'll probably have Ivara.

9 minutes ago, OCFM said:

Loki with invisability and ciphers are all you really need...and to fight the urge to run face first into all the lasers...

6 minutes ago, OCFM said:

So I should buy Loki?

No, just beat the boss(es) on Neptune until you get em. If you really like Loki a lot after that then you can buy Loki Prime from chat if you want...just note that Loki Prime is a lot in chat because he just got vaulted not to long ago.

3 minutes ago, OCFM said:

Hook...er..I mean, slots and potatoes, and maybe some cosmetic items; seeing as you are the one that looks at your frame the most :) 

Every Warframe is free. Every Warframe is easy to farm. Why would you spend real money to get something you can farm in 1 hour? (talking about Ivara) I know, not everyone is stealthy, most of you move like an elephant. But, Ivara is pretty easy to farm. It took me literally 1 hour to get her, and now that Spy is best to xp (as it always was before) I got a few sets of Ivara lol

24 minutes ago, OCFM said:

Slots, Potatoes, and then get into the trading market. Buy/Sell, learn prices, earn platinum overtime through trading so you don't have to worry too much about the 350 budget.

it's not what I do, I'm a Prime Access feg. But it works for many. Selling syndicate items, arcanes, rare mods, cores, prime bits, etc. If you think about how to get more then you won't worry too much about what to do with what you have left.

Edited by NoLife

I bought Ivara with plat because I was too lazy to farm for her. But I trade quite a bit and I had like 6000 plat at the time I bought her. If you only have 350, you shouldn't buy a Warframe and listen to the advice of all the Tenno above me.

Ivara's a good frame, definitely worth getting but if you're short on plat consider farming for her instead.

The avarage drop chance of Ivara parts is 6% so you need 17 for each part. 80 flawless SPY mission. SPY missions are fun, and you will get keys and some rare mods from there.

Ivara is fun frame, not best for usual zerg run, but for solo campers.

If having somethimg for SPY missions is primary concern, then loki is easier to get, and jsut as good.

If you ever think about buying frames with plat then: Ivara, Vauban, Mesa, Equinox, Atlas, Ash are to consider.

Recommendation depends how likely you are to buy some plat in future. If not likely then i would stop on Ivara, and take some slots instead (not even potatoes) if most likely then sure take Ivara, and some syndanas, and color paletter.

Edited by felixsylvaris

Start with low level Spy missions and rush to the vaults and make sure alarms are deactivated. This will give you time to explore and learn the layout of each of the Vault tiles. There are a limited number of them so the variation comes from the different locations of active security measures.

After a few runs, you should know the layouts and all the different routes you can take through them to remain undetected to easily complete even the highest level Spy missions.

It takes a little practice running them solo, but if you can get a skilled team together, you can pretty much have each person solve one vault and run to the exit to quickly start farming Ivara parts, though I've personally always had better luck getting them solo.

Just remember, you need three successful data extractions to even have a chance at her, she only shows herself to the best.

34 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

It's easy to get yeah... if RNG is on your side

true. i got her after ~ 10 spy missions. buddy had to do ~ 20 - but spy missions are really fast to do with loki so i still say ivara is easy to get

and you really should get her cause she is a very good endless invisble frame ,)

1 minute ago, wathor88 said:

true. i got her after ~ 10 spy missions. buddy had to do ~ 20 - but spy missions are really fast to do with loki so i still say ivara is easy to get

and you really should get her cause she is a very good endless invisble frame ,)

I stopped doing spy missions with warframes that could cloak or some other stuff because they were getting too easy... My Rhino is just as sneaky as any other frame when I'm on a spy mission now.

I want more data vault rooms to learn. :(

Buying frames and weapons will burn through plat very quickly. Unless you have a significant amount of disposable income, I suggest using the plat to get plenty of slots and potatos.

Ivara is a really cool frame, though. 

Edited by Plasmaface