Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Relics CAUSE Fissures (Choose your Missions)

BlackCoMerc

Some of us don't like Sabotage. Or Spy. Others despise Rescue. Or Excavation.

And if we log in, and Fissures are only available on those mission types...we may just log off again. If this happens often enough...well, you take it from here.

So let's fix it.

If you a Fissure, you choose a relic, and a mission. The Relics presence TRIGGERS Fissures on any mission you want it to. Enemies get buffs commiserate with the Relic tier, and everything else works same as now.

Simple. Easy. Fun for everyone.

Thoughts?

Just now, BlackCoMerc said:

Can always recruit others.

The current system would not need to go away. Just add this feature.

More generally:  What exactly is to stop me from bringing a T4 relic into a public very low level match and turn it into hell for players equipped for that low level match, not T4?

What happens if I bring a T4, player 2 brings T1, player 3 a T2, and so on?

If you don't like one of the mission types, then do a different fissure.

If there's not a mission you like available in the specific Era you want to do (maybe for a specific part?), then pick one in a different Era. There's been plenty of variety there from what I've seen. You can get whatever prime parts available from that Era while collecting Traces to upgrade Relics for the specific one you want to do later.

Edit: Personally, I like the Spy missions. On top of enjoying the whole secure room infiltration, you're likely to get a Relic as you open your Relic.

Edited by Maicael

I'm pretty sure most everyone would always just pick the faster/easier mission types (Capture, Excavation, etc.) and rush through them as there's really not much of a reward for staying longer than necessary.

Edited by Jenjix

Only problem I see with this:
Why would anyone do any of the longer missions ever?
Why wouldn't everyone just rush Capture or the faster Sabotage (like on Mars surface missions where you're doing the old "shoot the reactor orb thing")?

Because that is honestly all I see happening from this.

People would just slot the relic into a low level capture run and rush that over and over and over again because they are objectively faster than any of the other possible combinations.

Which would completely go against what DE wants the system to do:
They want players to play more mission types throughout the starchart.
Not just sit on low level capture nodes to run their relics as fast as possible.

And this would really hurt matchmaking for PUGing the fissures, as it would just fragment it too much.
And then there is the problem where only the low level capture nodes would be filled with people and every other node would be a ghost town, which again DE made this system so that that doesn't happen.

Add onto that the concern of losing being able to run the nodes without a relic for traces due to the relics causing the tears and I just don't see any benefit at all from this idea.  It would in fact go completely counter to what DE designed it to do.

If this happens (and it won't) will we be able to bring them into sortie and raid missions? I mean people have been asking for a challenge and just imagine a Corrupted Level 100 Vey Hek...or corrupted Maniacs in a Nightmare Law of Retribution...better yet, just bring an Axi Relic in a the Blackout Tactical Alert (I still await the day when we will be able to replay Quests AND Tactical Alerts...one day.)

7 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

I would prefer having 3 missions for each fissure tier available. 1 endless and 2 non endless 

Also fissure should be changed from reactant per player to reactant per squad. The calculation is this:

total R(eactant) req=10x number of players/1.4 

Really good ideas there, to be honest. I like it.

the current system is fun, wish more nodes per relic were open at a time for more flavor but meh

but for you OP here i got a fantastic thing for you to think about

the system you propose would ruin the relic system because if i could take a relic into any node and do that, what is stopping me from using an axi relic and running mariana with its 30 enemies total? that would change diversity which DE is trying to do to "what is the more efficent option to get the stuff to finish my collection?"

what about how people could literally troll new players with axi relics and then they leave the game because of it?

what if someone used an axi relic in a raid or sortie? do you really want a level 100 corrupted bursa or maniac with nullifers and bombards supporting them?

OP your idea could only be workable if people would rather do challenging missions over whatever is easy to get prime items and could use a relic at the same time

but lets be real here, if i could choose to do a level 1-3 grineer exterminate over a 37-40 corpus exterminate and both had the possiblity of me using a axi relic to get loot there, i would dodge the corpus like the plauge and i can put my money on alot of other people would do that too

4 minutes ago, Govictory said:

the current system is fun, wish more nodes per relic were open at a time for more flavor but meh

but for you OP here i got a fantastic thing for you to think about

the system you propose would ruin the relic system because if i could take a relic into any node and do that, what is stopping me from using an axi relic and running mariana with its 30 enemies total? that would change diversity which DE is trying to do to "what is the more efficent option to get the stuff to finish my collection?"

what about how people could literally troll new players with axi relics and then they leave the game because of it?

what if someone used an axi relic in a raid or sortie? do you really want a level 100 corrupted bursa or maniac with nullifers and bombards supporting them?

OP your idea could only be workable if people would rather do challenging missions over whatever is easy to get prime items and could use a relic at the same time

but lets be real here, if i could choose to do a level 1-3 grineer exterminate over a 37-40 corpus exterminate and both had the possiblity of me using a axi relic to get loot there, i would dodge the corpus like the plauge and i can put my money on alot of other people would do that too

Fair points. Some minimum standards would need to be set for sure.

13 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

I would prefer having 3 missions for each fissure tier available. 1 endless and 2 non endless 

Also fissure should be changed from reactant per player to reactant per squad. The calculation is this:

total R(eactant) req=10x number of players/1.4 

I don't agree that Reactant should be squad-based. If a player wants a reward by opening their relic, then they should be the one to do it themselves. There's plenty that drop, and a player can't AFK or tap movement keys while others pick up Reactant for them.

I've seen a few people do this in Sorties where they just let themselves be killed and stay dead. I know they're there because they'd be one of the first to accept the next Sortie mission.

It does go further then that.  Not just enemies, but some of the tilesets are major pains to navigate, while others are far easier.  Even if the level and mission were the same, would you play on the grineer galleon tileset or the eris infested tileset?

While well meaning, the problem you run into is going to be the community's ability to find the single most efficient way to do anything and do only that.  The Draco problem.

Not being able to choose mission does at least stop it from becoming a game of "Run the fastest mission, and only that mission".

tbh i think that the fissure missions should give you the mission objectives as a secondary reward - if you just complete fissure you can extract right away , but if you complete mission objective as well your squad gets a random reward from the pool of relics that are used

this would improve the number of drops because we cant run endless reward missions anymore and the number of prime parts acquired by players is going to be significantly lower 

Edited by syle

Just now, BlackCoMerc said:

Fair points. Some minimum standards would need to be set for sure.

but you have not suggested ANY STANDARDS

what do you think DE can magicly make this work? all you did was throw out the topic and i guess hoped people would jump on board in favor of this

if there are to be standards please then tell me them

please tell me how this idea can differentiate itself from the currently void system so it can give us far more variety over if they just opened up more void fissure nodes?

the big flaw with idea you propose is the entire problem with fissures lacking of variety can be solved if they just open more fissure nodes up at a time with varying mission types

the reason i believe they do not have every mission type as a fissure for each relic is because people would once again go to the easier thing to grind with because would you rather do a grineer capture or a corpus rescue if you were going for prime items in axi tier?

I think we should just be given the option of doing the mission node as a standard mission without fissures, the same way we can elect to do the standard mission on the node and not the alert/invasion/syndicate mission on it.

26 minutes ago, Maicael said:

I don't agree that Reactant should be squad-based. If a player wants a reward by opening their relic, then they should be the one to do it themselves. There's plenty that drop, and a player can't AFK or tap movement keys while others pick up Reactant for them.

I've seen a few people do this in Sorties where they just let themselves be killed and stay dead. I know they're there because they'd be one of the first to accept the next Sortie mission.

The staying dead thing should be fixed and sorties are not on the same level as void fissures. There should also be a kick option from the hosts. It should really not be player-based because I almost didn't get to open the relic multiple times because people just leave. I do the main part of the mission and don't get to collect as much reactant as the others in the team