Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games You Highly Recommend?

PsychedelicSnake

The first one that always comes to mind for me is Rocket League. I've never been into sports games OR racing games, but a friend convinced me to just watch him play it for a bit and I was instantly hooked and have been loving it ever since. For those that have heard of it but are reluctant to try for fears of things like skill gaps and such, trust me, it's by far the MOST approachable competitive game I've ever played. I played the tutorial for about five minutes, then immediately jumped onto ladder and never looked back. Super intuitive and loads of fun to boot.

(Crap abbace beat me to it!) Another game I know a lot of people might like but might have flown under their radar is Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. For those who haven't heard of it, it's basically a more fluid and interesting version of Assassin's Creed with more emphasis on strategy and player choice. The game revolves around what the devs call the Nemsis System, where you're pitted against a horde of Uruk (orc) military officers, and you're job is to either eliminate them or bend them to your will as you climb to the top of the food chain. They do a very good job at giving the player numerous different viable options on how to solve a number of problems.

Star Wars Republic Commando

Dark Souls 3

Tales from the Borderlands

Life is Strange (though the dialogue is really cringy at times because the writers don't know how people talk to each other)

Magicka (the first one, Magicka 2 is alright but the first one is way better. Has a fuckton of bugs though)

Star wars Empire at war

Transistor (extremely good soundtrack)

Well, I'm looking for some good games on App Store, I only have one game on my iPhone atm. I tried looking for a lot of games but all of them are meh

anyone have any suggestions? 

And I highly recommend the Dawn of War games (warhammer 40k) I've been playing it ever since I was 10-12 and it's still awesome, a DoW 3 is coming next year too actually (iirc) so look forward to that 

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! 

Edited by Kenshin98

The Prince of Persia series, its a good place to go back too when you want some good style kills and awsome music. Besides the fact that its old I dont really see a reason to not play those games again, just for the nostalgia.

Another retro series I would reccomend is the Legacy of Kain, as long as you are prepared that is.

Ori and the blind forest. I was kind of surprised no one even mentioned it. 

You MUST play this game. The graphics, the story, the music... Everything is there. Just play it. Also its just 20$.

Some pics:

Spoiler

2826048-2015030712413907.jpg2562384-ori-screenshot17.jpgOri-and-the-Blind-Forest-Xbox-One-02.jpg

tumblr_n6y7sb0zev1sjbtwdo1_500.gif

All 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games

Killing Floor 1 and 2 (despite what steam reviews say, the game is nowhere near as bad as people say)

The SMT series, All of the Persona games.

Binding of Issac (Both the original and Rebirth but I kinda prefer the original)

Metro 2033 and Last Light (Honestly I'd avoid the Redux versions. They aren't terrible, but they remove the survival horror feel of the first game)

Alan Wake

Bulletstorm 

Bloodborne

Dark Souls (all of them)

Every single mainline Monster Hunter game

Dragon's Dogma

Deus Ex 1 and Human Revolution (avoid invisible war)

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy (Think of it as Deus Ex after smoking some weird ganja)

F.E.A.R. 1 and the Extraction Point DLC. Don't play the sequels, they ain't as good.

The Armored Core games (all of them, they are the best Mecha games ever developed).

Lost Planet 1 and 2 (3 is meh but yeah, 1 and 2 are the best)

Painkiller (basically old-school DOOM)

Serious Sam (All of them, think DOOM but with aliens and funny protag)

Rayman Legends (Great game)

Shadow Warrior (The best FPS game with melee combat)

Sleeping Dogs (A great GTA-esque game set in China, in some ways I prefer it over GTA)

Starwars Battlefront 2 (NOT THE EA GAME, THE ORIGINAL ONE)

14 hours ago, (XB1)killerADAM78900 said:

Dishonored

Red dead redemption 

D. I. S. H. O. N. O. R. E. D

Best game, among all games that I have ever ever ever played. And I do mean ALL. Everyone has a favourite this is without a doubt mine. Story, atmosphere, great upgrades, steampunk setting is just mind blowing at times. The combat is blood filled and the special powers aspect such as 'Blink' is awesome. I have the Tarot Cards from the Limited edition and the artwork is exceptional. Characters are soooooo good on the evil side and the different classes of steampunk adversaries makes for a challenge.

(click above to see example artwork)

Red Dead is very good, The fort battle is lovely and the shootouts are fun as is someone trying to rob you on the road. Kill 'em all baby and the girl too!

Rocket League is very cool as well a really competitive game but so much fun to play.

My copy of The final Batman title arrives today. Whoopee - I hope it is good. My son is playing through Arkham City at the moment. He is loving it, he's 4yo and he loves smashing heads in.....

Only joking he's much older.   

If you're a fighting game kinda guy, I would highly recommend Last Blade series, Garou Mark of The Wolves, KOF series (Except 2002, XII, Neowave and 94)

If you like a story driven game, Life is Strange, the first episode is free so you can have a taste at it.