Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Marelok red crits?

xXx_mtv_xXx

Question

13 answers to this question

1 minute ago, -Voltage- said:

Smeeta cat can make a lot of weapons red Crit, this includes vaykor Hek, and many other weapons. I don't have a build atm but marelok should red Crit with smeeta

OK but is it possible to get red crits thanks to mods alone?

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

OK but is it possible to get red crits thanks to mods alone?

not sure, I don't use my marelok too much, I'm a lex prime kinda guy. maybe? I havnt ran the numbers. do u have primed pistol gambit and primed target cracker?

1 minute ago, -Voltage- said:

not sure, I don't use my marelok too much, I'm a lex prime kinda guy. maybe? I havnt ran the numbers. do u have primed pistol gambit and primed target cracker?

Nope, I don't have primed mods. 

I did come up with an interesting pistol build which includes Sharpened Bullets and Hydraulic Crosshairs. Can I get red crits thanks to those two mods if I can keep getting headshots + kills every few seconds? Do their effects stack?

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Nope, I don't have primed mods. 

I did come up with an interesting pistol build which includes Sharpened Bullets and Hydraulic Crosshairs. Can I get red crits thanks to those two mods if I can keep getting headshots + kills every few seconds? Do their effects stack?

Both effects can be active and working at the same time but Sharpened bullets ups crit DMG mutliplier not crit % chance... so they don't really stack as they buff different crit stats

With a Primed Pistol Gambit and Hydraulic Crosshairs proc, the crit chance of a V Marelok is 84.4% according to WFBuilder. You'll need a kitty for red crits. The crit chance is high enough with the mods that both Smeeta (guaranteed red crits, more random proc chance) and Adarza (+60% crit chance for 10 seconds, 20 second cooldown) will push the V Marelok into red crit range.

I was pretty surprised when my status build Marelok started red critting when my Smeeta gave me the buff the first time.

As far I recall using it with all the crit mods: no.

**Just tested with Prime Target Cracker/Pistol Gambit & Sharpen Bullets. Only yellow numbers so far mod wise still a no.

*** Just added Creeping Bullseye and still no dice.

Edited by Fionntan
grammar fix

When the first event started with the Crosshair, it was possible to double stack the buff, getting close over 103%

But wheres the point in that? Going just over 100% only give you a slight chance of red-crits, so its still a redcrit once in a blue moon.