Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story Behind Your Name

DawnThade

19 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

You know, I expected to not like those books. I was wrong, though. They were surprisingly well written.

After seeing the movie i didn't like Eragon.

My friend told me to read the books.

Now it's one of my favourite books! (or book cycle to be precise)

As a kid I figured out pretty early that I would never be great at anything. I figured tho that if I wasn't going to specialize, I could just be a jack of all trades (master of none). Some quick Latin and I was Omnijack. Later I realised that I couldn't be a jack of all trades because I was bad at everything. So the name changed meaning. A jack of all TRADES is a master of none, a jack of EVERYTHING (Omni-) is gonna be incompetent at everything.

My name is Denis,so the first part of the nickname is obvious.
As for the rest,well,I'm quite fond of alcohol,and in the past I used to drink quite a lot at parties,and when I consumed enough alco,I started doing some weird crazy stuff and everyone liked having me at parties for that reason,cause while I'm quite humorous and funy usually, drunken version of me was more popular,even if sometimes I broke something or S#&$ like that. And I never rememdered what exactly I was doing,so someone said that it's cause I had an drunken alter ego that was doing all the insane stuff, and friends decided to call this part of me "Huis",cause it rhymes with my name.I'm from Belarus,small country near Russia,and in Russian "hui" means "penis",so now I use this name everywhere
So yeah,that's more or less it)

Edited by Denishuis

MY username in EVERY online game/website/forum is AkumaJack. I've sticked to it since 2006 i think.
I dont know why DE thought it was offensive (Maybe because Akuma means Demon in japanese, who knows) so i chose  Siugeppe that is my IRL name with two letters switched.

I had a brief ancient culture phase five years or so ago. I learned everything I could, looked wherever something interesting caught my eye. At some point, I came across the whole Abraxas/Abrasax concept, and it hooked me. Abraxas would have been my name, but it was already taken. I absolutely despise using numbers in usernames, so, from a source I do not recall, I got Achaix - allegedly an alternate name for Abraxas, though I doubt that was true.

In any case, it grew on me. Has a bit of a Celtic, Asterix kind of vibe. Plus, it's an endless source of dank Jontron memes.

I used to use crazy names on counter-strike and Diablo.

One time I was playing Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast and my friend joined some clan where everyone was making Darth_Something names because Phantom Menace was such a great movie(?). I joined with him and ended up Darth Khan. Then just Khan when that didn't last very long. Then various names in games where my name had to be unique, since Khan is always taken, including VenerableKhan and VenerableKhaun.

That lead to being called "VK".

Which lead to VKhaun.

(And somewhere in there I used to not like to type and said "..." a lot when people tried to ask me things that I couldn't answer with "Y" or "N". Somehow this ended up with me being called "Special K".)

Edited by VKhaun

I don't know what I was thinking when I created "p_ar7hur" out of some stupid leet alteration of my actual name. No one ever spelled out the whole thing except for Server.

So I switched it to something that reflects my favorite frame, Wukong. Gorila Azul, or blue gorilla in Portuguese. I like it much better. Totally worth the 200 plat.

Edited by Gorila_Azul

My name has always been this. I chose my name because it is my favourite character from Starcraft; Zeratul. I always found him more badass and intriguing then many of the other characters. With an awesome wrist energy blade and short range teleportation he is just badass.  Also...this\/

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12