The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Asuri Nova and Davani Syandana Feedback

TonyTFG

Dear DE, 

You pride yourselves in listening to player feedback, and it's one of the points I praise you by when I tell my friends about the game. 
But let's face it, you've certainly seen the vast amount of posts and threads about the visual look and theme of the Nova Deluxe skin aka Nova "Asuri" and you've refrained from giving us any sort of indication that you are at all listening to us. 
But controversy about her visual theme aside, structurally the skin is simply not up to snuff. We've been given a set of standards for deluxe skins with the success of the Trinity and Oberon skins and (up to a point) Banshee (Which is another skin where you didn't listen to feedback AT ALL) and Nova's Asuri skin falls way short of this standard. 

I'd also just like to mention that I strongly dislike the fact that Nova's Deluxe skin is her base model with new arms and feet. Where Trinity, Oberon, Banshee all received completely new models with whole new silhouettes. 

But structurally, I'd like to point out the following flaws (in the model) which I find unacceptable, especially since all of these are visible on the "no stance" and "Nova stances" (I understand that other frames' stances may cause clipping so I didn't even look at them)

http://i.imgur.com/lq4ZGb3.jpg

and then this.. which irks me on so so many levels...

Spoiler

hV0OD1P.gif

DE, are you really okay with putting this skin out there with your name on it? I'd be embarrassed to have something of such low quality linked to my name. 

I'm really TRYING not to be too salty in this post, but truth is I am a Nova main and I'm suffering from a bad case of Hypernatremia. 

Can we at least get SOME kind of feedback? 

Edited by Leahzar
Typos, clarity

Despite those fact, that OP post looks pretty salty, I must confess, that some of the arguments are quite impressive.

36 minutes ago, Leahzar said:

and then this.. which irks me on so so many levels...

Spoiler

hV0OD1P.gif

THIS is really how Deluxe skin shouldn't look at all.

Edited by JustOR1G1N

14 minutes ago, -CKY-Ramnus said:

Ninionniom nionioniom i like this skin ... you don't like it then don't buy it.

It's that simple. 

they're pointing out that the skin is very buggy, and that is why it's a notch lower quality than the rest of the deluxe skins.

On one hand, it's their game, and their artistic vision.

On the other hand, we buy the things, and I dare say the Loki and Banshee skins, and now this one, could have been far better with our feedback taken into account, as there was a lot of it even when it was just concept art.

This skin can look cool. It does look cool sometimes, and it has a lot of good qualities. But it's not up to the apparent standard.

I actually enjoyed banshee skin a lot...as well as Oberon's , Trinity's and Valkyr's.
Didn't like this one for nova cause it doesn't have anything to do with her original concept  ( Oberon looks like a deer without Feyarch.....a nature inspired skin was pretty nice , Banshee & sound , Trinity & witches magic , Valkyr's ruined frame and her former one ) .
Nova is completely different from  Kali  and so are her powers and that's why I don't get the hindu theme of this skin.....
However, it's a matter of tastes....and it's not legit to discuss about people's tastes....what you do not actually like might look pretty to someone else.
The skin has some bugs that irk people, that's true.....it could have used a different model than the base one....also true ( but the choice is up to the artist ) .
Still , always show some respect for someone's art...that concept probably was hard to think of, create, refine and develop...I know that cause I actually draw and some of my works can take a lot of time and creativity, sometimes they might not turn out as I hoped but I still put a lot of effort into them and negative opinions may hurt ( even though I'll usually be the first one to see my own mistakes and what I do not like in order to try fixing stuff. ) .
Also....talking about the bugs shown by the skin in both" nova stance" and "no stance" modes....making devs aknowledge about it is probably going to be enough for them to try to fix it.

I always thought Nova was the most 'spacey' frame and kind of expected her deluxe skin to be the most sleek and clean looking of them all...

...Though I'm probably gonna buy it anyway as her original/prime look irks me just as much as this asuri skin xD

2 hours ago, AdrianoStyle said:

Guys. I see you got Christmas adding on your ships. On this winter I"ll get any chance to get it?  

Also my question.If I got that skin can I change Sunday or arms and legs with my own skins?   

Last christmas was the second time they released it so I guess there will be a 3rd time as well.

AND MORE CLIPPING ISSUES!

Any gun with a stock will clip through the really, really hideous wrist-rings. Noticably.

8bfQ3dO.jpg

There's also a tremendous amount of white blocks between the blue accents and the rest of the textures. This becomes particularly glaring when you give the skin a darker colour theme.

Somewhat relatedly, what is up with the arms? They clash completely with the rest of the skin! It looks like a mish-mash of so, so many things. I probably would still get this skin if it wasn't for the rock'em sock'em robot arms.

The first deluxe skin I won't be buying- and heck, I own the Loki knave skin even though I don't own a loki. Completionism intensifies

Edited by Tiddlerdoo

9 hours ago, CrystalRibbon said:

Sure but its allover the game

Do you know the nickname this game has? What about what a large majority considers the endgame? It's called Fashion Frame and like many other MMO games where there are cosmetice people will generally go off a glance and purchase it for what is expected. True, people can be a bit more patient but normally lighting + animation effects are Syandana specific or Prime specific, especially when it is of that level of detail. People also went off of the name and by the simplistic look of it believing there to be more and in all honesty it doesn't feel very divine lol

4 hours ago, CrystalRibbon said:

Nova/Nova prime doesn't have any syandana on her packs to activate that jet effect on her back and it cant also be used on other frames, so there's that.

Yes, but that is a Prime frame. Not a skin. It is excessively common for primes to have unique lighting/animations while the premium skins, until now, have only ever had one or the other. Oberon's had unique lighting effects that came from his hooves but there wasn't a constant animation, Rhino's had neither, Banshee's had neither, Saryn's had a slight bloom/glow, Valkyr's had neither. So i hope you can understand why it is a surprise to see 2 unique parts in one skin when it is much more common for a Syandana or other attachment.

Heh.

You guy's seen the clipping on Excalibur's proto skin when holding anything with a long stock?

Plus he isn't even PBR-ed yet.

The buggy part I will support.

The art is the artist's vision. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

People judge too fast.

1 minute ago, Evanescent said:

Heh.

You guy's seen the clipping on Excalibur's proto skin when holding anything with a long stock?

Plus he isn't even PBR-ed yet.

The buggy part I will support.

The art is the artist's vision. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

People judge too fast.

I primarily use the proto-skin on my excalibur, but the clipping is nowhere near as jarring as it is in this case.There's so very much of it here as well as the bunged up tennis balls also mentioned, and the blocky textures.

Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I can assume someone else doesn't. But other people have outwardly stated they don't like it, therefor that statement is meaningless. No one is immune to critique, and critique is the only way to have things improved. Even if it's hurtful, critique is a necessity for any artist to grow and improve.

Just now, Tiddlerdoo said:

I primarily use the proto-skin on my excalibur, but the clipping is nowhere near as jarring as it is in this case.There's so very much of it here as well as the bunged up tennis balls also mentioned, and the blocky textures.

Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I can assume someone else doesn't. But other people have outwardly stated they don't like it, therefor that statement is meaningless. No one is immune to critique, and critique is the only way to have things improved. Even if it's hurtful, critique is a necessity for any artist to grow and improve.

True, but asking something to be removed because 'people don't like it' is less of critique and more of 'listen to ME damnit!'

I welcome people criticising the skin, I don't welcome people stating DE should have scrapped the design entirely because it didn't suit their taste. You get me, yeah?

4 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

True, but asking something to be removed because 'people don't like it' is less of critique and more of 'listen to ME damnit!'

I welcome people criticising the skin, I don't welcome people stating DE should have scrapped the design entirely because it didn't suit their taste. You get me, yeah?

Agreed. But this thread isn't that; it's just saying there are rather glaring issues which can and should be resolved in some way. I personally think the skin is pretty alright... except the robo-arms. But I just won't get the skin.

Just now, Tiddlerdoo said:

Agreed. But this thread isn't that; it's just saying there are rather glaring issues which can and should be resolved in some way. I personally think the skin is pretty alright... except the robo-arms. But I just won't get the skin.

I respect that, entirely valid.

It seems that some of the readers here are missing the point of my post; I'm not talking about the thematic design of the skin at all. I think many have already said their say about it. I'm saying that, regardless of whether this skin is drop-dead gorgeous or puke-inducing, there are flaws in the model that are below the standards that we have grown used to from DE, especially for a paid skin.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

it would devalue the effect if every frame could use the arms. it is a nova thing and should stay as such imo. i dont even mind it not having a perma upkeep because less clutter i actually like seeing the skin.

How would it devalue anything? You can ONLY obtain that skin from the bundle and if it were attached to the Syandana then the Syandana would have more value than being a rag. (as people seem to be calling it lol)

Idm not seeing it constantly but having the option to turn it on at all times, similar to turning on constant channel glow for melee in the settings, and the ability to change the color of the arms would both be really nice.

26 minutes ago, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

How would it devalue anything? You can ONLY obtain that skin from the bundle and if it were attached to the Syandana then the Syandana would have more value than being a rag. (as people seem to be calling it lol)

Idm not seeing it constantly but having the option to turn it on at all times, similar to turning on constant channel glow for melee in the settings, and the ability to change the color of the arms would both be really nice.

i got the skin pack but im pretty sure from the arsenal you can select nova then go to her skins and get it from there without getting it from the skin pack just like rhino palatine just like loki just like banshee and oberon. if the arms were on the syndana it would devalue the skin pack and the skin itself. i agree being able to change the color of the arms would be nice. 

5 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i got the skin pack but im pretty sure from the arsenal you can select nova then go to her skins and get it from there without getting it from the skin pack just like rhino palatine just like loki just like banshee and oberon. if the arms were on the syndana it would devalue the skin pack and the skin itself. i agree being able to change the color of the arms would be nice. 

If it is available to be purchased alone then i don't see it (Granted i buy every skin pack on release). Also, considering the skins, as i said before, it still wouldn't devalue anything even if that was the case because the none of the other skins have 2 effects (individual animation and lighting). 

Edited by Kaoru_Sugimura

Just now, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

If it is available to be purchased alone then i don't see it (Granted i bought every skin pack). Also, considering the skins, as i said before, it still wouldn't devalue anything even if that was the case because the none of the other skins have 2 effects (individual animation and lighting). 

Rhinos iron skin(granted it isnt a new animation) changes once you put on palatine skin so it exclusive to Palatine.