Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's with the Mutagen Mass

Umbra-

For the last few weeks, I haven't noticed any "big" Mutagen Mass invasion. Why DE ignores Mutagen Mass?? Everyday I see Detonite and Fieldron in amounts of 3x! But when there is Mutagen Mass (if they even bother throw it for one day in a month) it's only one. -_- I only need Mutagen Mass to finally get all the stuff! But nah, DE ignores it. Why not throw Mutagen every time with firldron and detonite?

the odds are definitly not in favor for getting mutagen masses, since infested outbreaks also give mut alad v coor, fieldron and detonite, and when they drop it's in quantities of 1 or 2 while fieldron and detonite can get up to quantities of 5x in corpus/greneer invasions. I know your pain, if you like to speed up the proces you can get blueprints from the bio lab in the dojo.

1 hour ago, Kialandi said:

You know it's random, right? It's RNG.

Yeah, I know it's random... but it looks pretty suspicious. Only Fieldron and Detonite, but Mutagen Mass is like the rarest. And it shouldn't be.

The 3x rewards used to take 5 runs of the same mission to get the reward.  Currently you are seeing an overlap of two old systems.  Invasion nodes are corpus and greneer exclusive that change the ownership of a given node.  These missions used to cost more before DE decided grinding 5 of the same mission in a row was a bad idea.  Infested invasions were always temporary and always spread to adjacent nodes.  Thus increasing the mutagen mass reward pool.

Point being that the Corpus or Grineer will take over a node but the infested never will.  Hence the disparity in the rewards.

I agree, I've only seen Mutagen Mass drop in amounts of 1 or 2. It's strange that DE didn't take into account Infested invasions when standardizing their research rewards to bundles of 3, though I've also seen a couple of recent instances where invasions only rewarded 1-2 Fieldron as well. Seeing how Infested invasions no longer appear to blossom on planets (they used to cover a substantial portion of a planet's nodes, in contrast to the other invasions' 1-2 conflicts per planet), now might be the time to adjust their rewards accordingly.